Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gull hull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: All of them

Post by Gull hull »

Holy sxxt,will some of you take stock,can't believe for one moment this thread was even started,fxxxxxk sake, what has the man done wrong,nothing at all,we have a slow start to the season,just like most clubs in football who have bought in new players to stregthen the squad,and that's what AK has done in my little humble opinion,we have a stronger squad,which I also think will get stronger as the season progresses,am very confident in AK,so come on you pessimists give the man a chance,and stop being so negative.......whinge over ha ha ....si
Gull hull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Gull hull »

Ha ha soz bout that got carried away with submit button ha ha
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Simon, PC running slow? only got to hit the sumit button once.. :)

Oh while I am it Mate, 2 things, one chill, two please change your username back to hullgull.
Formerly known as forevertufc
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

Gull hull..........relax a little, read the original post, it was a simple discussion starter for what I believe these forums are for. If we just blow smoke up everybody's arse and think everything is perfect there is very little this forum can offer, certainly for me anyway...........

We all have opinions, its what makes the world tick. Maybe I should have said what a cracking start we've had to the season but that would have been total crap wouldn't it ?

Rant over............. :red:
Gull hull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Gull hull »

Apologies for rant people,but do stand by giving AK a chance,and still believe we will have a good season,ha ha dave hope you better now mate....si
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thats a typical reaction from FL but why is the bloke a loser - There were 3500 at the first game - the vast majority of them were home fans. There was a significant drop on that in the Oxford game. Poor form and a percieved likelyhood of another season of struggle is the most likely reason for the drop in attendance figures. Lose on Saturday and we will struggle to see 2000 against Hartlepool. A month into the season, no wins, knocked out the cup in the first round as usual, if you cannot see this will have a drastic effect on attendances then you must be a fool.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Well brucie dont think you can judge attendances too much on the 1st two games of the season,
we have definitely been boosted by some good away numbers

1st Home game - wimbledon
3,441 [772 away]. - 2669 TUFC

2nd Home game - Oxford
3,126 [701 away]. 2425 TUFC

Last Season
1st Home game - Cheltenham
2,517 (237 away) - 2280 TUFC

2nd Home game - Rochdale
2,731 (207 away). 2524 TUFC
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Love this forum -

I Still think we were crap to ol' ling - but knill's here now and tho i'm not a fan, as long as he works for our club i,ll be behind him because its a friking hard job made harder when the "faithfull" are discussing how long he has left after 3 games - we'll get there and if we're bottom two or something after 12 games ill be on the blower to leroy, but i'm sure given a bit of patience we'll be fine - and anyway you all got what you wanted - the brilliant fail-proof attacking football - so stop moaning :)
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Knill is not the Massiah what saved us was "the miracle at Morecambe" & if anyone disagrees then I will delete my account. :whistle: :whistle:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The bloke turns up to a club that is over 100 years old, watches less than an hour and a half and declares that he'll not come again, your really can't see why I'd choose a derogatory adjective?

You're basing everything, as usual, on baseless assumptions. Why would we get knocked out in the first round of the Cup? Why are we in for a tough season?
Despite knowing almost nothing of value about the game, even you must know that there will always be a drop in the attendance from the first to second home game of a season, that's just one of those things. As Roberto has demonstrated ^^^ up there, attendances are up on this time last year, both overall and in terms of TUFC fans, giving mathematical proof that, for the millionth time, you're talking absolute crap.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

So some bloke decides after 90 minutes of football that he's had enough, and that's the fault of the manager? To me it just highlights once again the level and quality of support we have.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Ferrarilover
attendances are up on this time last year, both overall and in terms of TUFC fans
Although that is pleasing news in itself, I think it's difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions from the figures given. Drawing comparisons from opening game attendances when one was played on a sunny Saturday afternoon and the other was a mid week evening game isn't too satisfactory.
Also this season, home fans had a fortnight between having to find the money to shell out for the Wimbledon game and the Oxford game, whereas there was only a 4 day gap between the first and second home league games last year.

If fans are flooding through the Plainmoor turnstiles to back the Knill revolution in October, then we'll be able to pat each other on the back and declare the soundness of the thinking behind the 'football reasons' putsch.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:So some bloke decides after 90 minutes of football that he's had enough, and that's the fault of the manager? To me it just highlights once again the level and quality of support we have.
Agree Shane and as I have said previously, we have some total tools on here that "support" TUFC.

If they are so bothered, why dont they just f**k off and support manure or real madrid instead.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I didn't say it was the managers fault - I was merely passing on what the supporter said. The impression that I got was that he was fed up because we spent the majority of the game on the back foot. Not everyone is a die hard supporter like some who post on here. People won't necessarily turn up week after week if the team isn't winning or providing value for money.
I didn't actually realise that there were so many Wimbledon supporters at the first match so there wasn't the drop in home support that I alluded to in my post.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: Agree Shane and as I have said previously, we have some total tools on here that "support" TUFC.

If they are so bothered, why dont they just f**k off and support manure or real madrid instead.
Makes you want to belong to this forum...........not