Portsmouth v Morecambe

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Portsmouth v Morecambe

Post by ferrarilover »

The Sun reports that Morecambe have sold 4 tickets for their game at Pompey tomorrow.

I said in the match thread that they didn't really seem to give a toss when their bloke scored, it seems I may have been on to something.

What's the smallest away crowd you've been a part of?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The usual standard of "journalism" from The Sun then.

It's pay on the gate at Pompey so why would Morecambe fans buy tickets in advance?

I was in a "crowd" of 12 away to Hereford in the Sherpa Van Trophy about 25 years ago.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahaha, 12, that must have been brilliant.

Anyone else?

Matt.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I can remember being at Plainmoor on Tuesday or Wednesday night back in the late 80's against Crewe and it being cold and snowy and there wasn't many in the pop side...probably a couple of hundred.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I remember games as a kid where there were less than 10 in the away end. I wonder what changed, we're meant to be in a recession yet the amount of people travelling around the country is increasing.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I think the lowest Ive been in was about 30, away at Darlo. We won 3-1, an Aggy hatrick. The next day I was sat with 40000+ at the Stadium of Light in a Tyne Wear derby. That was a weekend to remember!!!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

95/96 season, away at Feethams, Darlington I counted 31 Gulls. Think it was the only away win of the season, 0-2 :goal:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:95/96 season, away at Feethams, Darlington I counted 31 Gulls. Think it was the only away win of the season, 0-2 :goal:
You're from the north, you definitely had help.

Matt.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

ferrarilover wrote: You're from the north, you definitely had help.

Matt.
I did, I got you to use some (but not all) of your fingers and toes............ :nod:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

My record "low" was 55 gulls fans away at Chester. The original fixture got postponed on the Saturday, but somehow got rearranged for the Tuesday. Understandably not many people could get the time off, so just a hardcore few were there.

Highlight of the game was Lee Thorpe getting his marching orders for an inexplicable but awesome headbutt on Ben Davies
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

In recent times less than 50 seems quite rare but I've been to games away in the 70's and 80's where it was hard to spot virtually any of our supporters at all-Scunthorpe,Lincoln,Hartlepool and Doncaster spring to mind,but I can't remember the seasons involved. Even local derbies saw low followings away on occasions-one boxing day at Sid James Park in the early 70's, I recall there only being about 100 of us at most in the away end ;[with the Greek fans in amongst us as well.
oxgull2
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by oxgull2 »

Remember around 15 of us at Belle View Doncaster back in the 80's. We won 3-2 as well.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

oxgull2 wrote:Remember around 15 of us at Belle View Doncaster back in the 80's. We won 3-2 as well.
It's VUE oxgull2 not VIEW. Apologies for the correction but as a Donny lad I felt it necessary. :na: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.