Thought For the Day

General chat about anything else goes here.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Thin people are beautiful, but fat people are adorable.

Jackie Gleason

:bow:

(been having a fat day) :( :| :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

You can never be too thin or too rich.
Coco Chanel

Christ, I've got no hope either way :'(
TUST member 077
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The black mamba is the longest venomous snake in Africa, around 2.5 to 3.2 m (8.2 to 10 ft) in length, and sometimes growing to lengths of 4.45 m (14.6 ft). It is named for the black colour of the inside of the mouth rather than the colour of its scales which varies from dull yellowish-green to a gun-metal grey.

It is also the fastest snake in the world, capable of moving at 4.32 to 5.4 metres per second (16–20 km/h, 10–12 mph). The black mamba has a reputation for being very aggressive, but it usually attempts to flee from humans like most snakes, unless it is threatened.

A bite from a black mamba is almost always fatal, without rapid and vigorous anti-venom therapy.

The black mamba is widely distributed in a variety of habitats and faces human persecution because of its negative reputation throughout Africa. With the increasing amount of its territory being inhabited by humans, the black mamba often finds itself cornered with no escape.

It will display fearsome tenacity and explosive aggression in this situation. It will stand its ground, while hissing loudly and striking repeatedly. A group of people is usually required to kill it, as it is very fast and agile, striking in all directions while a third of its body 3–4 feet (0.91–1.2 m) is above the ground.

The deep fear of this snake stems not only from its reputation for aggression, speed, agility, and venom toxicity, but from stories and legends that have been passed down from generation to generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_mamba
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

If men are honest, everything they do and everywhere they go is for a chance to see women.

Jack Nicholson
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

"If you rob a bank you'll go to prison but when the banks rob you the directors get paid millions in bonuses"

dave fishwick.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Don't give up. Don't lose hope. Don't sell out.

Christopher Reeve
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

One million children have fled the Syria conflict, those who have been lucky enough to avoid or to survive the toxic chemical gas attacks. Half of all who fled the civil war are children, and many are under the age of 11, a joint UNHCR and UNICEF report says.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

You never get tired unless you stop and take time for it.

Bob Hope
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

In countries where innocent people are dying, the leaders are following their blood rather than their brains.

Nelson Mandela
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

to be married once is a mistake, to be married twice is unlucky.

to be married 3, 4 times, you gotta be a comedian lookin' for some material,

or a crazy muthaf*cka.......

lenny henry (as richard pryor).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Nature cannot be tricked or cheated. She will give up to you the object of your struggles only after you have paid her price.

Napoleon Hill
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Chunkygull, keep up the good work..!! :-D

In honour of the persistent prevalence of your postings, I'm thinking of renaming this the Chunkygull Quotation Thread... =D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

'Every quotation contributes something to the stability or enlargement of the language.'

Dr. Johnson :~D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

Barack Obama