Manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:You said "maybe you have a software fault that your unaware of or someone still has privileges that perhaps they shouldn't", I told you of a possibility that could explain what you call having Moderators remove your posts. There is no conspiracy or vendetta against you, just misconceptions on your part.

A quick read through your posts shows a real arrogance and dismissive nature towards other posters, perhaps you're getting out of this forum what you're putting in? Either way, you complain about others behaviour on here yet you yourself are hardly a shining example to others. If you hang around long enough you might develop a skin thick enough to put your views across and merely defend them when challenged, some people manage it with little or no trouble.
Well said. :goodpost: Some people, not being able to put a counter argument to what is posted, proceed to make personal attacks on the poster/debater. But for the original poster to respond in kind with personal attacks, shows that he/she is hardly above the same level. I'd like to think that most of us are better than that. And we could be, if we try.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 25 Aug 2013, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

sometimes I think I've submitted a post, go back to look at it & it's gone ! Then I discover that I wasn't actually logged in, although I've set that to automatic.So just check that as well geezer. Usually it happens when I've just written out a fairly long post , then I can't be bothered to repeat the exercise. Just for the record though, & on thread : I have no issue at all with the present managerial set-up; was delighted when they were appointed, & look forward to the rest of the season as the plans that they are putting in place come to fruition!!! :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's a good idea, if you have a longish post, to write it in Word, then copy and paste onto the forum. Then, if a gremlin loses it, you can easily repeat the process.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

thanks Gullscorer! Either that, or just highlight the post as written to copy it before submitting! But I keep forgetting.....anyway, COYY !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to add my view, I have been a memeber of this forum since our first season the in bsp under it's old name before it re-started in 2010, I have allways enjoyed it and still do, had holes picked in my posts many a time, doesn't bother me to a point, don't see the need to be rude or insulting.

If you don't like whats being posted, post your own stuff, if you find boring post your own stuff, this forum can easily be aplace that offers something for everyone, as said it's what you make it.

I have allways made my self open to meet anyone from the site who wishs to do so, and have been lucky enough to meet a lot of people from here, and often have a chat and get on with poeple who never agree with me, and go to meet ups at away matchs and see many who never agree having a pint, together, that my other point if someone doesn't agree, doesn't mean they dislike you.

Now back to this thread, my point is, rooster has made 27 posts on this site all on this thread, he/she clearly has a personal interest in this subject, a close friend or family memeber of Martin Ling maybe?

All I am saying is, very easy to come here and say I know someone, what I am saying is true, means nothing. If rooster wants to be taken seriuosly, then Matt is right, spill the beans, no one is going to believe rooster, with out proper proof, lets have it rooster becuase at the moment you protest to much.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

I give up! it's gone again as I expect this one will disappear as well! I no longer see the point in bothering, this will undoubtedly please a few people on here! wish I could prove what I'm saying!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What bit of what you are saying are you trying to prove?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Why don't you take a screenshot of your supposedly missing posts when they appear? Unfortunately for you I have had the Moderator Log open since this morning and there are no updates since nrucie had his entire post removed due to the abuse it contained.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

rooster wrote: The problem with these forums is some people seem to make up what they feel and attribute it to someone, read back and you will see that I purely said that it was interesting reading. In relation to being unaware of the situation again you have conveniently put your slant on it, of course I am aware , what I was referring too was as I am new to this and wasn't aware of the ML thread so wasn't aware what had previously been discussed thats why I asked you where it was and then read it........simples, try and keep it real !
At the end of the day you seem like an individual that will believe what you want to so I am not going to change your mind and have no desire to really, just have my opinions and knowledge which I shared.................

what i meant was that you understood the threads content and that you were unaware of the situation regarding what the posters on that thread felt.

i dont really give a monkeys about your personal details regarding ling.

i was merely trying to point you in the direction of the thread so you could see what had been said previously.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

My post didn't actually contain any abuse at all - calling someone a fool isn't abuse. The second part of the post agreed with Fl about Rice making something of an error. That isn't abusive.
Its just typical of this forum though - there are too many people with agendas or up their own arses (thats probably abuse).
What chance have you got when the moderators are the worst offenders. I posted something after the Oxford game only for one of your moderators to reply with the word Troll and a picture of said dwarf thing.
Couldn't care less really but that's the sort of humour you would expect from a three year old - not a grown up charged with running an internet forum.
Perhaps you should actually ban him because my feelings have been hurt - that would be a laugh.
Lets see how long this message lasts.
No wonder Andy jumped ship.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I don't know if it would work on here, but whenever I cock up and lose a lot of text on something, CTRL+Z for back should get everything to come back so you don't have to write out a long post again.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I really don't see why the mods and admins are being slated here. They are doing a great job and generally keep the flow of the forum going quite well.

This makes me think of the old line, "In every friend group, there is always an a**ehole, and if you can't think who that is, it's probably you.". Similarly, if you think people have a vendetta against you, perhaps it's down to what you do...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Interesting how Brucie is acting hurt about removal of an apparently abusive comment from him (didn't read it so don't know what it said, was it directed at me I wonder?). Brucie delights in abusing others, has called me an "imbecile" and "retarded" in recent comments. THAT is the kind of behaviour and language that makes it unpleasant for others on this forum. The most obvious differences between Brucie and Austrianandygull are that (1) Andy is clearly a passionate Gulls fan and (2) his comments are mostly enjoyed and welcomed by others on the forum. I welcome Andy back, he brings humour and adds a lot to the forum, unlike one or two that I could mention.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

[quote="brucie"]My post didn't actually contain any abuse at all - calling someone a fool isn't abuse. The second part of the post agreed with Fl about Rice making something of an error. That isn't abusive.[quote]

Dictionary: Abuse: 'to speak insultingly or cruelly, to revile.'

So yes, calling someone a fool could be regarded as abusive or offensive. Only mildly so, no doubt, but where do you draw the line? If 'fool' is not abusive, how about idiot, cretin, bonehead, half-wit, and other synonymous words? People should be able to shrug off a few insults, but at what point does offensive become seriously abusive? Much depends upon the context, and the sensitivity or vulnerability of the person you are insulting. But this sort of thing is not necessary, whatever your point or argument may be. Courtesy and good manners, whatever the provocation, are a far better accompaniment to expression.

But if you repeatedly offend, insult or abuse, you can expect to be taken to task for it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm sure all of us admins are very hurt by Brucie's revelations, however the post was definitely abusive and removed because of it. I'm also sure Wivel will agree...........................with Brucie.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com