Northampton Town vs Torquay United 24/8/13

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dave - any ideas? I've tweaked his permissions, but still nothing?!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Only his miserable face works :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Only just ! :
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Testing :keepie:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Hurray!! It's worked!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm glad some other people thought Harding had a decent game. I'd obviously not seen him play before but I thought he was better than Manse yesterday. But neither of them looked remotely likely to play a killer pass - it was all breaking stuff down and keeping it simple.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Hurray!! It's worked!

You're welcome ;-)
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Cheers for that Dave - I had no idea what had happened.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I think you tweaked his nipples not his permissions ;-)
Dave

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

One issue for me is that our two first choice strikers have onbly scored one goal between them which isn't at all promising. I would cetainly see Benyon as likely to score more goals than either Hawley or Ball.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm not too concerned about that Brucie at the moment as in the 2 away games I've seen we technically only played football and created chances for a total of 90 minutes if you forget both first halves. Ball links the play well and is a big lad, we still haven't whipped in crosses for him to get on the end of and he plays a bit deeper and lets the little lads break from midfield. He had a great shot on Saturday which just curled around the post but I haven't really seen him have much in the way of service. I believe he is very capable though if he did get some.

Hawley is a great finisher too and likes to play up to the last man meaning he needs balls to run onto or in behind but equally he is adept at knocking one in from the edge of the box as we saw against Morecambe. He is strong too and gets some harsh attention from defenders. I've no worries about him getting goals, he maybe needs to work on staying onside perhaps but I've no worries about either of them. We're only 4 games in and have scored in each game so I am more than happy with how it is going at the moment.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Welcome back Andy :slap: Don't do it again !!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

In addition, i'm sure if we flipped it around and won at Morecambe and drew at Northampton then lots of people would see that the start we have made is really pleasing. AFC Wimbledon at home first game we can ignore as it is first game and anything can happen, Oxford at home we shouldn't be too upset with defeat, we have come from behind 3 times already to get points and we look like we are steadily improving and getting some cohesion (at least in the second halves! :) ). I'm lovin' it baby. :)
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 26 Aug 2013, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oh and cheers Coley!
FavGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by FavGull »

Don't think Benyon would've gotten a sniff the way we played in the first half, and in the second he may have been on the end of hard work by the likes of Hawley and Ball, ie like Chappell and others were, but would we have created these chances with Benyon in place of either striker, as these two got things going which the midfield pair did not. The midfield got better, but the spark came from the front four.