Transfer deadline day

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Transfer deadline day

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Does anybody think (or indeed know if) we will sign anybody today?

After "geezers" petulant outburst before, he did hint that there were two players coming in. If that is the case, does anybody know who they are? Or, if they can't be named, what position they could be playing in.

Which area would like strengthened, and by whom?

Alas, Bale is now no longer available......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Almost certainly not I would think-finances won't allow it,and anyway Knill is going to give it 10-12 games to assess strengths/weaknesses of team.Possible loan or two after that perhaps;with those not pressing for a first team place loaned out to make room for them.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I'm surprised Real weren't in for Nathan Craig to be honest. Perhaps Spurs are lining him up as a replacement?
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Doesnt affect us but fancy Bale going to Spain. What a bolt from the blue that was. Total suprise :~D :~D :~D
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Stocker13
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Poke

Post by Stocker13 »

I'd be very surprised if we did buy anyone! I don't think we'll be getting rid of anyone either! :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

A central midfielder (who may well be French!) would be a the top of my wish list. This is where we are weak IMO. I don't expect it though - especially as Knill said we were at the top of our budget and he would be looking towards the loan market which does not shut today

The goals will come for the front 2 and Benyon as a great player to have on the bench if they don't.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He hinted from a basis of not knowing A from a bull's foot, so I wouldn't get too invested.
There are more to come in, hopefully two, but that does mean a couple going out. Given that I'm expecting to see a CM and a striker, I guess it'll be Ball going home (as scheduled) and NC going on loan with Ben Hopeless dropping to the bench. Still, that's for October, not now.
Keep an eye on Bournemouth's activity, I say it'll have a bearing on us.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Why Eunan coming back ?? What do you know ..... Why would we get rid of Ball a very technical and clever player. As for "Ben Hopeless" I think you had better look at our captain first. Cant pass cant shoot but very good at fist clenching !!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I guess Matt is most likely hinting at (another) move for Jayden Stockley ..... but he has just joined Leyton Orient on loan.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Maybe not in the know then !!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ball is scheduled to return home in October. We are in September, which is one month before October. Stockley has gone to Orient for one month... Maybe I'm a moron, maybe I can do basic maths, who knows?

Manse isn't entirely blameless, but given a choice between our captain, longest serving player, formerly a decent enough player and some new fish who doesn't seem to have any of the skills required of a footballer, I know who I'd drop.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover wrote:Manse isn't entirely blameless, but given a choice between our captain, longest serving player, formerly a decent enough player and Harding, I know who I'd drop.
Me too. Mansell.

What we really need is the fella with Knill in your profile pic in the middle of the park. Might this ever happen?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Rjc70 wrote: Me too. Mansell.

What we really need is the fella with Knill in your profile pic in the middle of the park. Might this ever happen?
Rjc - given the choice of leaving out Mansell or Harding, you would leave out Mansell ???? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!