Fleetwood Town v Torquay United - 7/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Nick wrote:I worry about this. We could get battered.
Genius!!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

On paper you would expect us to lose. However, with the Downes/Pearce partnership improving game by game and the confidence boosting performance and win at Northampton might be the recipe for a result. Otherwise its gluten free beers from Aldi all round and a collective drowning of sorrows.
TUST number 080
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Preview up on main site - I will put more information on the players as I get used to it.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Lloyder5 wrote:On paper you would expect us to lose. However, with the Downes/Pearce partnership improving game by game and the confidence boosting performance and win at Northampton might be the recipe for a result. Otherwise its gluten free beers from Aldi all round and a collective drowning of sorrows.
No sh*t? You can get gluten free beer in Aldi Lloyder? What is it called, I'll give it a go otherwise it is my usual 10 mile trek to Mitchells in Sheffield to get my Wold Top Brewery gluten free beers. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Preview up on main site - I will put more information on the players as I get used to it.
Cheers Danny. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: No sh*t? You can get gluten free beer in Aldi Lloyder? What is it called, I'll give it a go otherwise it is my usual 10 mile trek to Mitchells in Sheffield to get my Wold Top Brewery gluten free beers. :-/
Sorry to get your hopes up Andy, I was just following your lead from the OP:

'There is an Aldi or Lidl at the top of the road which I wandered up to last season to get a 'few bits' so I didn't have to fanny around going to the shop when I got home as i'd be knackered and wanted to flake out with a few gluten free beers on the sofa the minute I got in.'

Seems I mixed up your 'few bits' with the gluten free beers your already had waiting at home!
TUST number 080
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

In yesterday's Herald Express, Alan Knill is asking for (quote) 'more aggression, tempo and energy'. As one of his signings (you all know who) has shown absolutely none of these requirements thus far, will he be omitted tomorrow ??
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

tomogull wrote:In yesterday's Herald Express, Alan Knill is asking for (quote) 'more aggression, tempo and energy'. As one of his signings (you all know who) has shown absolutely none of these requirements thus far, will he be omitted tomorrow ??
No he's playing !!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He's probably one of his favourites - I have no doubt that Cruise will be dropped too.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Roll on tomorrow!! Dink dank doo!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap:

It is forecast crap weather but at least the away terrace is covered. :)

Not looking forward to the journey over the M62 with all the roadworks and signs saying Rochdale, Salford, Oldham and the like, it really is the pits. I hope all you travelling Gulls have a safe journey up no matter where you are coming from and lets try and make a bit of noise, the lads need our support.

COME ON!!!
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I can only predict doom and gloom defeat but hopefully Mr Knill will dip into the transfer market.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

That's really not going to happen
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Nope, no one in, those in the building will have to do. Don't rule out a couple of outgoings to make room, however.

Super, are you going to the youth game tomorrow and do you think Deamon will be released or signed?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I see the Fleetwood fans are getting stuck in on their forum accusing me of 'trolling' all the rivals of Torquay. If you are reading this FTFC fans, it's a bit of fun, banter, something a bit different and just like Frankie Boyle, he's either mildly amusing or he's a thick tw*t. I'm neither. Torquay is a desolate footballing backwater you are right, Torquay is indeed a bit of a hole as is just about very town and city in this country so the point is?

It is intended to be sort of a Victor Meldrew-ish article which I do for all clubs we play and I've had compliments from fans of Aldershot, Barnet and many others who take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy it for what it is. It's only like an online fanzine which, now almost defunct, covered pages and pages of p*ss taking of their rivals. Ultimately most of the residents of Fleetwood are decent hardworking, intelligent people and lots of them are scallies. It's the same in Torquay or wherever you wish to visit (I take exception at Accrington though! ).

I can't reply on your forum as I cannot seem to register but rest assured I have the utmost respect for all of your fans and the utmost, utmost respect for the fans who were there through the non league years. Oh and I didn't copy and paste stuff, whats the f*cking point in that?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Actually the poster known as parchpea on the FTFC forum under thread 'southern arsehole' has made a hard hitting point. I probably embarrass Torquay fans with my threads and I've actually never even considered this as a knock on effect of what I post. There is absolutely no way that I want to make other TUFC fans ashamed of our great club, a club that has such a reputation for fairness and dignity and I never ever thought my threads would be so offensive to opposition fans.

I truly apologise if this is what has been happening for the last few years of me participating in the forum and it was never meant with malice. All I can do is hang my head and I sincerely mean this, match day threads are now the remit of somebody else (again). If I cannot post in jest what I want in a free world without offending other fans every other week then I'm not suitable to represent my club in this way.

I'm not having a rant or kicking off, I know how my posts may appear to opposition fans and I have been encouraged by a minority and not a majority to keep on doing them. Apologies Fleetwood fans , that is all I can say and I suppose your responses have stopped any other clubs fans getting the same infantile comments in future. Good luck for the season, after tomorrow and if you are proud of your town then who am I to castigate you for it.