Fleetwood Town v Torquay United - 7/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

Burnhamgull wrote: Are you serious? If their finishing had been better, we'd have been two or three goals down by half time. Their right winger was making a mug of Nico time and time again and even Mansell gave him stick on Twitter about it.
The fact is that both Northampton and ourselves created one decent chance against the swirling wind and we scored 2 to their one when playing with the wind!! WE deserved the victory!!
I live for matchdays!!!!
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I don't give a sh*t if I get slated - Knill is NOT the answer!!
Could we afford anyone who would be the answer? Abramovich has not bought our club, we can't afford to be changing our manager every 5 minutes. I'm confident Knill can keep us out of the relegation muck, with this squad we're nowhere near ready to have any aspirations beyond that.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Haha! Bring back Martin down-the-pub Ling?

Do me a favour!
Maybe Knill should get himself down the pub and quickly too.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

cosmic74 wrote:
The fact is that both Northampton and ourselves created one decent chance against the swirling wind and we scored 2 to their one when playing with the wind!! WE deserved the victory!!
Were you watching the same game? Their right winger put several crosses in and only poor heading prevented us going in behind. We clicked for 30 minutes of the second half and suddenly everything looked promising. Then we go to the next game and the same dross re-appeared and it's been the same ever since.

Drop Mansell and Nico and lets see if we can turn things around.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Haha! Bring back Martin down-the-pub Ling?

Do me a favour!
He couldn't be any worse could he!!!!!!!!!!!
But as you said he's probably down the pub...............with a smug grin on his face
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

rooster wrote: He couldn't be any worse could he!!!!!!!!!!!
But as you said he's probably down the pub...............with a smug grin on his face
If we didnt get knill in, it would have been relagation for sure!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Face facts - Knill has lost more games than he has won at EVERY club he has managed bar Bury.
At Bury he won 21 games more than he lost.

I'm being harsh by using his figures from last season here - take those away and his record is still uninspiring.

I'm not saying this just because we lost today - I was against the appointment from the start....I can't wait for him to prove me wrong, but his record speaks for itself. I can't see him changing that here.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by rooster »

He couldn't be any worse could he!!!!!!!!!!!
But as you said he's probably down the pub...............with a smug grin on his face[/quote]

If we didnt get knill in, it would have been relagation for sure!![/quote]

Mmmmmmmm not sure your can claim that, lets be honest we only just scraped survival..........
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Just to bore you, his win/lose stats are below..

Rotherham United (caretaker) won 2 lost 7
Rotherham United won 18 lost 29
Bury won 71 lost 50
Scunthorpe United won 16 lost 32
Torquay United (last season) won 4 lost 7
Torquay United (this season) won 1 lost 2

I just don't think he is a good manager - that's my opinion.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Scott Brehaut wrote:Just to bore you, his win/lose stats are below..

Bury won 71 lost 50
scunthorpe United won 16 lost 32

and Ling go Orient promoted.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, when we beat a team who have loads of chances but miss them all, we're shit. When we lose to a team who have the shots and score with them all, we're shit, when we draw 0-0 against a side who don't really have a shot at all, we're shit and when we lose 4-1 to a side who batter us, we're shit.

Win lose or draw, we're shit. For **** s sake, we aren't Man Utd, we aren't going to win every week playing expansive football, scoring loads of goals and defending with aplomb. We're a very average L2 side, just like almost all the rest of L2, we win some, we lose some, in the main, the football is pretty ordinary. Sometimes, we stick together a half or even a whole game where we're really good. Today, we stuck together a whole game where we were rubbish. It happens, it happens under Knill, it happened under Ling, Buckle, Leroy, Frank and even the demigod known as Lubos.

Some of the stuff we have already produced under Knill has been far in excess of anything Ling managed and shows that, on days when we aren't playing sides assembled more expensively than half the Championship put together, we look capable of being a really good side.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Knill has had 6 games. Christ, some of you need sectioning.

Matt.
That is not strictly true. He had quite a few games last season where his win ratio was just as poor as his previous clubs. This season, so far, its just as bad.

I'm not suggesting we ditch the manager (although he was never one I would have chosen) but don't pretend the portents are promising.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

ferrarilover wrote:So, when we beat a team who have loads of chances but miss them all, we're sh*t. When we lose to a team who have the shots and score with them all, we're sh*t, when we draw 0-0 against a side who don't really have a shot at all, we're sh*t and when we lose 4-1 to a side who batter us, we're sh*t.

Win lose or draw, we're sh*t. For f**k s sake, we aren't Man Utd, we aren't going to win every week playing expansive football, scoring loads of goals and defending with aplomb. We're a very average L2 side, just like almost all the rest of L2, we win some, we lose some, in the main, the football is pretty ordinary. Sometimes, we stick together a half or even a whole game where we're really good. Today, we stuck together a whole game where we were rubbish. It happens, it happens under Knill, it happened under Ling, Buckle, Leroy, Frank and even the demigod known as Lubos.

Some of the stuff we have already produced under Knill has been far in excess of anything Ling managed and shows that, on days when we aren't playing sides assembled more expensively than half the Championship put together, we look capable of being a really good side.

Matt.
Matt, we aren't winning at all.
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by rooster »

Lets hope your right............... I and many others would love to see it
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Just to bore you, his win/lose stats are below..

Bury won 71 lost 50
scunthorpe United won 16 lost 32

It takes a bit longer than 6 games to build a team, especially when you dont have the biggest budget. If we changed the manager so quickly we could have 8 a season. Get real. If Ling was still here we would be dead and buried. Give Knill to January at least.
Tust member 191