Rochdale v Torquay United - 14/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

divingbboy wrote:Stepped out for a sec. Are we down 2 now due to an OG!!!?
No, I thought the goal was an O.G..!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: #

Oh hello again

usual suspects coming out of the woodwork for a trolling session. So funny.

Ok psychology lesson folks. I did write that I wanted Knill to f*ck off. I was angry and letting off steam. I DO NOT WANT KNILL TO F*CK OFF is the reality of it. I said it but I do not want it to happen. It's called letting frustration and anger get the better of you. They are complex emotional feelings which occur inside people who aren't made of stone.

Charlotte Rampling - catch
It's about controlling emotion though isn't it? We're all pissed off but nobody else is getting really mad about it? Yes we lost again, yes we should have done better, but we didn't. Nout we can do about it. Get a beer, have a breather and chill. It isn't the be all and end all!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Relegation fight just started today...
Would suggest the strikers watch the Ladies team play, they seem to know where the net is
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thank you Nick, I accept that as a reasonable response. I'm not having a go at anyone other than Knill or the players and if people wish to disagree with my opinion in a reasonable manner then i'm happy to debate. One line digs just really f*ck me off that's all. They are infantile and display a lack of decorum only matched by my foul mouth inexplicable rants.

I want Knill to stay, I feel he needs more time, he needs to start addressing our problems and take action and we have a handful of first teamers who IMO are sh*t and shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.

We can now move on hopefully.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Wait for all the "let the team bed themselves down" bollocks to come out a bit later.

Does Knill have a clue what he is doing? It seems not at the moment!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:One line digs just really f*ck me off that's all.
You prick :)

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The thing is that Hartlepool are awful yet are only a point behind us and we've already played them. How bad are we then?

We're not bad, we just have better players sat on the bench than are starting games. I don't really think it is that difficult to work out.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote: You prick :)

:clap:

Sad but true!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

actually one of the better Metallica tracks too that one
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

That's just it, Andy. Today is the day that Knill found out, for sure, that his starting XI isn't good enough. Last week told him nothing, because we were crap and we lost to a good side, he already knew that. Today, however, his preferred XI played as well as could reasonably be expected and were playing an average L2 side. They still lost the match without scoring. That XI will not, reasonably, play better than they did today with any great regularity, nor will they face worse teams with any real regularity.
If he STILL can't see that his XI isn't good enough, then he needs to have a think about whether he is really cut out for management.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: #

Oh hello again

usual suspects coming out of the woodwork for a trolling session. So funny.

Ok psychology lesson folks. I did write that I wanted Knill to f*ck off. I was angry and letting off steam. I DO NOT WANT KNILL TO F*CK OFF is the reality of it. I said it but I do not want it to happen. It's called letting frustration and anger get the better of you. They are complex emotional feelings which occur inside people who aren't made of stone.

Charlotte Rampling - catch
Don't accuse me of "Trolling".
Get your frustration out by perhaps thinking a bit more. I think you suffer from keyboard diarrhoea. "Gotta type something Gotta type something....."
You will probably storm off this site in a strop as someone has reacted to you. Feck me we are all frustrated, after supporting this bloody club all over the country for over forty years I am frustrated as well ! But I have seen it all before Its what supporting this club is all about !

Look on the bright side the Mighty Green Army are stuffed at home 3-0 Hoo bloody ray ! Over 6000 there and with their much bigger budget than us they are not setting the world alight so.....

Thats football
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:The thing is that Hartlepool are awful yet are only a point behind us and we've already played them. How bad are we then?

We're not bad, we just have better players sat on the bench than are starting games. I don't really think it is that difficult to work out.
Clearly Knill has other ideas. I get that he sees them in training everyday etc etc, but when the players are clearly not performing on the pitch when it matters, surely he should have the balls to change things around a bit.
Instead of getting Craig to change his game, for example, why doesn't he play to HIS strengths and change formation to suit?

I'm not saying I have the answer, but it also doesn't seem like Knill has it at the moment either.

It's too early to start worrying about relegation, I accept that, but surely, several games in to the season, it's time to shake things up if plan A isn't working....

STIP
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote: If he STILL can't see that his XI isn't good enough, then he needs to have a think about whether he is really cut out for management.

Matt.
I don't think he can, and I don't think he is

STIP
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

steve breed summed it up brilliantly in the end of match analaysis.

it sounded like we played quite well, im not panicing yet, but changes need to be made, its no use waiting and waiting for things to click because they clearly arent going to. all this "team gelling", "bedding in", "loads of new players", stuff is bullsh1t. its the same for other teams, i cant see certain players in the team clicking better if we wait another 50 bloody games. good players slot in together quickly, that is a fact.

a 1-0 defeat is the smallest of margins and im not worried, but it is very annoying to lose by 1 goal because we should have scored and havent.

other players in the squad need to be given a chance now because this team isnt working. would it really hurt and make that much difference to give cruise and craig a shot, they couldnt do that much worse surely. something has to drastically change and happen up front also because it aint happening for ball and hawley.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I see Arsenals new midfielder needed several games to bed in today ;-)

STIP