Rochdale v Torquay United - 14/9/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Great post Matt....But you know he will not change it.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Forgot to mention Lucy. I spoke to Dale Tonge the other day and asked him why Ricey kicks the ball all over place and not distribute to the fullbacks. He said it was something that they had spoke about. Obviously Ricey took no notice and just does his own thing!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Apologies for appalling typos in my last post, I'm doing it on my increasingly erratic phone while watching the TV.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The Farmers Friend wrote: I quite agree. It's quite possible that Knill is testing all manner of positions, players, players' attiude and tactics at the start of the season where it will all be forgotten in a few months time, assuming all goes well . Who knows what brief he's been given - plenty of managers have done it before, although none of the knee-jerk halfwits on this forum or its previous incarnations seem to learn that lesson.

If we're near the bottom of the table at Christmas, then clearly it's gone wrong and questions need to be asked. Right now, painful and irritating as it may be, let's see how things pan out.
He isn't though is he? He plays the same players in the same positions regardless of who we play and how badly we play.

Well, if his brief is to start off the season with one win in the first seven league games, obtain 6 points in the process and be out of two cups in the first round, thereby ensuring a worse start than last season, then he is doing very well and is fulfilling his brief to the letter. One would hope that the Board have higher aspirations than that though.

Warmest regards,

A knee-jerk halfwit.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The surprising thing for me is that people are surprised. You appoint someone like Alan Knill as manager, with his record, and what you get is exactly what we are getting. The brutal truth is that he is not a very good manager. His record elsewhere and his record here confirm that.

Just a shame we are probably lumbered with him, as the club was too quick to fall for the half-wits love-in for Knill when he 'supposedly' saved us last year. I wouldn't want Ling back (even though I think he is probably a better bet than Knill) but I just wish - as I said at the time - the club had explored other options and not just set their sights on a manager so uninspiring.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

hector wrote:The surprising thing for me is that people are surprised. You appoint someone like Alan Knill as manager, with his record, and what you get is exactly what we are getting. The brutal truth is that he is not a very good manager. His record elsewhere and his record here confirm that.

Just a shame we are probably lumbered with him, as the club was too quick to fall for the half-wits love-in for Knill when he 'supposedly' saved us last year. I wouldn't want Ling back (even though I think he is probably a better bet than Knill) but I just wish - as I said at the time - the club had explored other options and not just set their sights on a manager so uninspiring.
I agree I think although knill kept us up it was luck more than judgment, after keeping us up rather than just appointing Alan I think the better option would have been to review the situation and see who else was available.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

my how things change, i give it a couple of wins and watch how things change. it sounds like pasoti on here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thats a cracker !!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

As stated in previous posts after previous games our forwards are dread full. Conference standard at best so shouldn't be surprised they don't score. These 2 could go down as near our worst ever forward line if things don't take a change very soon.
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Already, we are well adrift of the promotion pacesetters (not that for one minute I even contemplated a promotion challenge this year.)

What is interesting however, is that I do not think this season will see such a congested league as last season.

Last year there was only a 35 point gap between top and bottom and an 18 point one between relegated Barnet and promoted Bradford. Already, after just 7 games we have an 18 point gap between top and bottom. Unfortunately, we are set - already - to be one of the teams set to struggle as a group of 8 clubs are already starting to look like they may be cut adrift. Obviously, at this stage a couple of wins changes things but a couple of wins still wouldn't put us near the play-offs unless everyone else lost.

We need to face facts. A poor manager, leading a poor team, we are in for likely a relegation battle. Let us hope the club are not so slow to act this season as they were last season.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Wonder if AK has started on the pop yet?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

lets sack him now then shall we . :@
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ROADRUNNER wrote:lets sack him now then shall we . :@
Well, that would be harsh and I don't think anybody on here has said that (except Andy in a fit of rage but he didn't mean it).

The issues us "halfwits" have (I know you didn't call us that by the way), is that Knill has already managed to get this team into a bit of a rut and, whilst everybody else seems to see the glaring issues, he doesn't seem to have a clue.

We may be better going forwards than we were under Ling, but if that still results in a "(k)nil(l)" scoreline then we may as well not bother and simply employ the same tactics served up under Martin.

He needs to have a plan B (and I don't mean the "singer"), as plan A isn't currently working.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no i didnt and wasnt going to, and yes im as fustrated as everyone else that my team are struggling and i think certain players are not up to it, but 7 games in i believe he needs a chance to sort it out, and as i said if we are still struggling in half a dozen games time then its time to panic, the gargs are saying the same about sheridan and im sure rovers fans are worried about the start they have had. and also i think we all hailed ak as ahero at the end of last season and some couldnt wait to get lingy out, im afraid like premiership football the lower leagues are becoming the same, a few games in and we arent doing well then lets make a change, this is just my opinion scott. :)
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Now where did i put Leroy's number? ...
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...