What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just listened to that scar symmetry song luke. If he didn't sporadically intersperse the grunting with 'singing normally' in it then I agree it would be just up my street.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The world's all-time greatest ever musical work, music truly inspired by the gods, containing immense emotional power and the most beautiful melodies, which will carry you along on a journey of life with all its ups and downs, and finish on a climactic crescendo of ultimate triumph and joy. If you ever get the opportunity, watch it performed live at least once in your life. But for now, turn up the volume and take an hour out of your life to listen here:
Last edited by Gullscorer on 13 Sep 2013, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

There aren't many songs / artists I like who don't play guitars and drums but there is something about UNFINISHED SYMPATHY by Massive Attack that just makes me want to keep playing it. Superb!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Classic!

Magic!

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i keep listening to this one by kansas on youtube, am looking out for a cd of it at car boot sales, great song, it features prominently in the series supernatural.

[youtube]2X_2IdybTV0[/youtube]

and this classic from dire straits, am also on the sniff for a cheapy cd of their greatest hits at a car boot or ebay.
love the video, takes me back to my youth. :'(

[youtube]wTP2RUD_cL0[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not sure about the first chunky but I think anyone who appreciates guitar music reveres Knopfler. I have a few Straits albums myself, although they obviously are tame in comparison to my usual stuff but you can't argue with talent like that.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

yeah, got to admit it, as far as guitar goes knopfler is $h1t hot. when you hear a dire straits song you instantly know who it is. that is something only the best have. :nod:

that kansas tune is awesome by the way, just saying. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

got a few ZZ TOP tunes spread over a few rock compilations, going to have to get their greatest hits, keep playing the ones ive got. love this one - :)

[youtube]7wRHBLwpASw[/youtube]
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

dont know if anyone remembers this from back in 99, i dont even know if you would call it music but the words are brilliant, some great advice for life.

it came out on cd single, it was number 1 in the charts, i like listening to it from time to time, its been on the radio recently and got quite a few text and twitter responses. i notice its got a lot of positive comments on youtube.

i have listened to it in the car a few times lately and got my 11 (nearly 12) year old son to listen to it, he likes it and is intrigued, i hope he listens to it properly and takes note.

[youtube]sTJ7AzBIJoI[/youtube]
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

that was quite good, very different, i would have thought playing that tune on the ukelele was very difficult.

looked like the musicians and the crowd were having a good time and really enjoying theirselves. nice bit of british humour in there as well. :)
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Just saw Gregory Porter for the first time at the Chicago Jazz festival ( for free) - he is just fantastic.

Well worth a listen
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Of Mountains and Men.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Do you mean Of Monsters and Men from Iceland Russian? If so they are f*cking superb!