Torquay United V Cheltenham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I can't remember what I originally went for score wise but I think a score draw is a highly likely outcome. Possibly a 2-2 but like Y4L says, we struggle to score goals so a 1-1 is what i'm going for.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

God knows why but I think that we might win this one, so having said that we are doomed to lose again.
They are a shadow of the team they were last year. Its a defining moment though - if we lose this one we can safely say that we are in all sorts of trouble.
I am not going - I havn't enjoyed my two trips to Plainmoor at all this season so its local football for me again - far more enjoyable and a darn sight cheaper.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

A real true fan you are brucie, going to games when we need support I real nice of you, good fan you are, I'll tell Karl Harley and Callum ball u will miss them
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We'll get whupped. Three league games to go before Knill's ten games are up and he then decides what changes need to be made. But surely he can see what we all see, that changes are needed now. Can't see any being made except too little too late, so these three games are going to be emphatic defeats. Hope I'm proved wrong..
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

TeenageGull wrote:A real true fan you are brucie, going to games when we need support I real nice of you, good fan you are, I'll tell Karl Harley and Callum ball u will miss them
Everyone knows he's an awful fan. By the seems of it, an awful person too. I've known people like him, the types that suicide would be a highly likely cause of death if it wasn't for the fact that they're too stubborn to do anyone else a favour.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

On the contrary, I agree with brucie and support his stand. Local football can be fun, and cheap - and it can save you the wearisome journey to Plainmoor. Brucie has been going to Plainmoor for far longer than his most recent detractors, thus his opinion counts for far more. Not only that, it seems to me that these recent soi-disant 'fans' are jumping on the bash brucie bandwagon. Because I know that brucie is usually right I am going to start a ' bash teenagers' campaign - so, come on, you brucie supporters, join me and throw out the Spottymob.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Incidentally, the 'usual boring statement removed' says 'I agree with brucie'.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

We could go on like this forever, so I'll mis-spell it. The 'usual boring statement removed' says ' usual boring statement removed'.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Cureton back in the squad tomorrow
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Wivelgull you're the same as brucie, same crap over and over again just including some more rubbish about gilbert the gull

Im sure brucie will appear after the game telling us his 'opinion'

Please go to this local football, it will be appalling
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

I shall be at Plainmoor tomorrow, as I have been now for almost 51 years. I don't think we will win though, so I will predict a 1-3 defeat.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

wivelgull wrote:On the contrary, [usual boring statement removed] and support his stand. Local football can be fun, and cheap - and it can save you the wearisome journey to Plainmoor. Brucie has been going to Plainmoor for far longer than his most recent detractors, thus his opinion counts for far more. Not only that, it seems to me that these recent soi-disant 'fans' are jumping on the bash brucie bandwagon. Because I know that brucie is usually right I am going to start a ' bash teenagers' campaign - so, come on, you brucie supporters, join me and throw out the Spottymob.
Go for it, this works perfectly. Firstly, I'm not a teenager and sizeable enough to batter most people I come across. Secondly, it'll show brucie has no friends apart from you, assuming you're not a duplicate account of brucie, which would REALLY prove me right.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

wivelgull wrote:On the contrary, [usual boring statement removed] and support his stand. Local football can be fun, and cheap - and it can save you the wearisome journey to Plainmoor. Brucie has been going to Plainmoor for far longer than his most recent detractors, thus his opinion counts for far more. Not only that, it seems to me that these recent soi-disant 'fans' are jumping on the bash brucie bandwagon. Because I know that brucie is usually right I am going to start a ' bash teenagers' campaign - so, come on, you brucie supporters, join me and throw out the Spottymob.
'Brucie has been going to Plainmoor for far longer than his most recent detractors, thus his opinion counts for far more',

Utter nonsense, just because he's been repeating the same negative comments for 50 years, doesn't make it count for more.

I would hate to be 'shoulder to shoulder' with Brucie in any aspect of football, particularly watching or playing. Imagine being in the same team and approaching a cup-tie where you were the underdog!

I've only been watching Torquay for 43 years now, so the opinion I've expressed probably doesn't count for much.
TUST number 080
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Of course they don't, certainly not for this reason, anyway.

My Nan was 96 when she died and firmly of the opinion that anyone who wasn't white should be "sent back to whichever banana repulic they came from". I am considerably younger than she was, so have held the opinion that black people should be left alone for considerably less than 96 years. By your "logic" my Nan's opinion counts for more...

Local football can be fun and cheap, but then, it can be dull and cheap, wet and cheap, shit and cheap or any other thing. That's the lottery with sports. Unless you follow one of the perennially successful teams, then you are always trusting to an element of luck that you will witness a decent match. The question is clear: is that a rick you're willing to take with your £20, or would you rather invest it somewhere safer? Decide this, then pick the best option for you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Wivelgull you're the same as brucie, same crap over and over again just including some more rubbish about gilbert the gull

Im sure brucie will appear after the game telling us his 'opinion'

Please go to this local football, it will be appalling
This comment is highly offensive to local football, and also completely wrong. I often watch Bristol Manor Farm and Brislington, and although sometimes you see a poor match, I've been disappointed after travelling and paying to watch Torquay far more often than I have watching local footy.

Its exactly the same attitude as some Premiership fan telling us that lower league footy is awful.