Torquay United V Cheltenham

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Time to Please Plainmoor
THERE has only been one occasion when the Gulls have fallen well short of the expected standards this season, and that resulted in a 4-1 defeat at Fleetwood a fortnight ago.

This is what is on the main site.

So what it the expected standard then? Our performances have been bloody poor what the heck has this chap been watching??
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Preview on the Main site.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Wivels not only from your post are you driving people away from this forum that are of the younger ages you are being very offensive to many teenage loyal gulls calling us the "spotty mob". I didn't really sign up to get abuse from OAPs I just wanted to talk about the club I love and my age shouldn't be a factor of my postings. If this is the arguments Im going to get I couldn't be asked to carry on, on this forum
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I wouldnt worry about them TeenageGull, both of them are wind up merchants who usually get a response. They obviously have literally no lives or friends because no self respecting person would do what they do for any longer than 6 months before getting bored.

I pity the sad, old lonely codgers really.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

TeenageGull wrote:Wivels not only from your post are you driving people away from this forum that are of the younger ages you are being very offensive to many teenage loyal gulls calling us the "spotty mob". I didn't really sign up to get abuse from OAPs I just wanted to talk about the club I love and my age shouldn't be a factor of my postings. If this is the arguments Im going to get I couldn't be asked to carry on, on this forum
Totaly agree Teenage, your age isn't a factor, and you should carry posting, you will find your opinions welcome by the majority . :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:God knows why but I think that we might win this one, so having said that we are doomed to lose again.
They are a shadow of the team they were last year. Its a defining moment though - if we lose this one we can safely say that we are in all sorts of trouble.
I am not going - I havn't enjoyed my two trips to Plainmoor at all this season so its local football for me again - far more enjoyable and a darn sight cheaper.
Very wise I.M.O., should be better than watching the clown outside of the dugout wondering what the f#ck is going on.
At a guess Torquay to win 1-0 Downes header.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote: Of course they don't, certainly not for this reason, anyway.

My Nan was 96 when she died and firmly of the opinion that anyone who wasn't white should be "sent back to whichever banana repulic they came from". I am considerably younger than she was, so have held the opinion that black people should be left alone for considerably less than 96 years. By your "logic" my Nan's opinion counts for more...

Local football can be fun and cheap, but then, it can be dull and cheap, wet and cheap, sh*t and cheap or any other thing. That's the lottery with sports. Unless you follow one of the perennially successful teams, then you are always trusting to an element of luck that you will witness a decent match. The question is clear: is that a rick you're willing to take with your £20, or would you rather invest it somewhere safer? Decide this, then pick the best option for you.

Matt.
What did your Nan think about the homosexuals? I expect she used to call them poofs or nancy boys. Would she have approved of the players wearing the free rainbow laces for this weekends games to show how much they like the homosexuals?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

and ive been going for 50 years and have to say ive seen some crap, and certainly when mr webb was in charge but ive also watched my fair share of local footie and i stopped going because the standard was so poor, so i have to say i would still rather watch torquay than go down to easterfield lane on a saturday. SO COME ON GET BEHIND THE LADS TOMMOROW! :scarf: :scarf:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

To each their own, that's what I say - but don't come on here afterwards, having neither heard or seen the game, and pass comment on the performance....especially if you are pulling others up for doing the exact same thing....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not sure my Nan actually knew that gays existed. To someone of her age, it would be such an alien concept that she likely would not have even conceived of the idea.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I haven't had a bigger laugh for ages!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

wivelgull wrote:I haven't had a bigger laugh for ages!
I just have an image of this...

Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who the #*%! is that?! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Who the #*%! is that?! :lol:
Matt, Ferrrarilover thats who thats is... :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

eh?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.