players out on loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Reading Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Hill n Sills!

Post by Reading Gull »

Hi everyone.

New poster here but long time fan and reader of this site. I just wondered how much truth there is in the above? No disrespect meant towards ROADRUNNER but is this fact? I know it takes a long time for the site to get the info to us but iv not heard a peep about the above yet...

Cheers!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's true. RoadRunner hasn't always been right (and that hasn't always been his fault), but he's right about this.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I can confirm that road runner is 100% spot on with this, I had heard this info a few days ago and passed it on to a couple of individuals that will also back up that this is fact.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If these players leave the club and we only get Mozika in won't that leave us with hardly any decent subs?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

It does strike me as a bit strange that Nicho goes from first choice left back to out the door in just over a week.

Maybe Matt's "story" could shed some light on this?
Reading Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Reading Gull »

Thanks guys.

I have no idea about any past records with accuracy on here so there is no accusation of speculative posts from me, i just thought it funny that the info seems to be well known outside the club. Damn my naivety!!! :slap:
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

It's no story !!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:I fear Niall will become another Macklin, all the potential in the world, but unrealised because of attitude defects. These sorts of things seem to affect the black guys much more than the white fellows, perhaps it's a cultural thing?

Agree with Gulli in so far as Yeoman won't learn anything new by waltzing around a bunch of plumbers and barmen every Saturday, but then, perhaps all he needs is to hit the net a few times. Strikers are like that. Rooney is the most extreme example. Have a look at his record and you'll see that his goals come in clumps. He won't score for 2 months, then he'll get 15 goals in the next 10 weeks. This could turn out to be a shrewd move by Knilly. Send him somewhere he will smash in a dozen goals by January and then get him back in prime confidence. The goals are the same size no matter what the level. If you can hit the top corner from 18 yards in the Dog and Duck division 6, you can do the same in L2.

If you've had Nicholson printed on your hideous yellow and white shirt, you've wasted your money. I hear "Cruise" shirts are shifting on EBay for up to £500 a time. Make of that what you will.

Matt.
Are you being serious here? A bit of casual sloppy racism because we have had two players, who happen to be black, with a perceived 'attitude defect' and therefore a whole culture and ethnicity is labelled the same. I am sure we could all name white players with 'attitude defects' that have appeared for us over the years. Why not go the whole hog and suggest black players don't like the cold weather?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

supergulls wrote:I can confirm that road runner is 100% spot on with this, I had heard this info a few days ago and passed it on to a couple of individuals that will also back up that this is fact.
I can confirm that supergulls passed this info on to me on the 19 September.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

If this is to mark the end of Nico's time at TUFC, I hope he goes with the good wishes and respect his long and loyal service deserves. There have been some demeaning comments made about him lately, and perhaps he is past his best, but he will be one of those key figures in TUFC history in a similar way players like Kevin Hill are.

I wish him luck and he also has my gratitude for the important part he played in returning our club to the Football League, for the way he returned from being outcast by Buckle to being such a key player that he was voted into the PFA team less than eighteen months years ago.
Reading Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Reading Gull »

Couldnt agree more hector. I know its a bit of an American thing to do but i think a hall of fame would be a great way to remember truly loyal players. Nicho would absolutely make it into mine.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Right, first things first, what I've said is not racism. Mentioning a guy's race is not racism, it's mentioning a guy's race.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Tom is talking to Steve, both Tom and Steve are white. Steve is the boss. They are discussing LeBron, who is black. LeBron and Tom were both up for the same promotion. Tom got it, LeBron didn't.

Tom: "I see I was up against LeBron for the job. LeBron is black, was that why he didn't get the job?"
Steve: "No, Tom, you were the better candidate and had more experience, so I gave you the job."

This conversation mentions race, explicitly. It is not, in any way at all, racist. However, consider the following:

Tom: "I see I was up against LeBron for the job. LeBron is black, was that why he didn't get the job?"

Steve: "Yes, absolutely, I hate black people and think we should go back to the days of slavery. I hope LeBron dies in a house fire for no reason other than his colour."

Do you see the difference?

Secondly, I am referring to a specific set of attitude defects. I can't think of an example of a white guy who I would assess as having the same defects which I believe I have identified in both Niall and Macklin. I can't necessarily define (more, I can't be bothered. It's nothing personal, it's just it would be laborious) exactly what it is, but it's definitely there.

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Right, first things first, what I've said is not racism. Mentioning a guy's race is not racism, it's mentioning a guy's race.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Tom is talking to Steve, both Tom and Steve are white. Steve is the boss. They are discussing LeBron, who is black. LeBron and Tom were both up for the same promotion. Tom got it, LeBron didn't.

Steve: "No, Tom, you were the better candidate and had more experience, so I gave you the job."

This conversation mentions race, explicitly. It is not, in any way at all, racist. However, consider the following:

Steve: "Yes, absolutely, I hate black people and think we should go back to the days of slavery. I hope LeBron dies in a house fire for no reason other than his colour."

Do you see the difference?

Secondly, I am referring to a specific set of attitude defects. I can't think of an example of a white guy who I would assess as having the same defects which I believe I have identified in both Niall and Macklin. I can't necessarily define (more, I can't be bothered. It's nothing personal, it's just it would be laborious) exactly what it is, but it's definitely there.

Matt.
I think a racist comment extends a little further than stating you hate someone because of their skin colour. By attributing a specific set of attitude defects to people with a specific skin colour, I would suggest that is skirting the realms of a prejudice statement.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Nope, 'fraid not. Questioning whether a particular culture of people suffer from specific attitudinal defects is nothing like racism. It's a perfectly fair question that just happens to have a racial element. Asking if women are more likely to be impulsive or if homosexuals are more likely to suffer from transsexualism isn't sexist or homophobic. To suggest that any differentiation between the races (whether that be by way of colour, culture, language or anything else) is an act of racism would cause an awful lot of some very important areas of modern life (medical science for a start) to grind to a halt for fear of legal action both criminal and civil.

The long and short of this is that my questioning whether there is something inherent to black culture which renders black people more susceptible to suffering from a certain set of attitudinal issues is not racist in any way.

Matt.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Well said Hector. Then again is Matt ever wrong ??? =D =D

I heard on Saturday that Nicho was not too happy at not playing then it again I would be worried if he wasn't.