players out on loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover wrote:Nope, 'fraid not. :engflag:

The long and short of this is that my questioning whether there is something inherent to black culture which renders black people more susceptible to suffering from a certain set of attitudinal issues is not racist in any way.

Matt.
Do pipe down. Really surprised you missed a trick in not throwing Matt Green into the mix as you have before. Oh no, I forgot - he overcame his 'attitudinal issue' with a move to the Championship. You might not think what you are saying can be regarded as racist, but what you initially said regarding 'these black guys compared to white fellows'' as you put it, is astonishing. You now seem to be suggesting it isn't racist as it doesn't fit your criteria or the criteria of charging standards from what I can decipher. You know what - others see it differently. You should back down on this matter as you are coming across as extremely naive - to say the least.

Like Hector, I would wish Nico all the best, as he has been a good servant and played his part getting us back in the League. However, I am happy to see all the names mentioned as possible movers out, be it for game time or pastures new. And pleased to hear Mozika might become official soon, presumably as he nearers match fitness.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I think Yeoman is past being a league player, he isnt good enough, what is he 22 now?

Sullivan is the one who could get a first team place in the future

Yes to Hutchings and Craig out, can both be developed further

For me i wouldnt let Nicho go on loan, we would be totally lacking fullback cover in games
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Rjc70 wrote: Do pipe down. Really surprised you missed a trick in not throwing Matt Green into the mix as you have before. Oh no, I forgot - he overcame his 'attitudinal issue' with a move to the Championship. You might not think what you are saying can be regarded as racist, but what you initially said regarding 'these black guys compared to white fellows'' as you put it, is astonishing. You now seem to be suggesting it isn't racist as it doesn't fit your criteria or the criteria of charging standards from what I can decipher. You know what - others see it differently. You should back down on this matter as you are coming across as extremely naive - to say the least.

Like Hector, I would wish Nico all the best, as he has been a good servant and played his part getting us back in the League. However, I am happy to see all the names mentioned as possible movers out, be it for game time or pastures new. And pleased to hear Mozika might become official soon, presumably as he nearers match fitness.
Oh good, someone else who fundamentally misunderstands the meaning of racism but wades in regardless.

If you're that sure it's a racist statement, then give Crimestoppers a ring.

Matt.

For future reference:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction ... m?q=racism

Note the elements include belief that qualities between races are different AND a belief that members of others races are not as good as one's own. I haven't said black people aren't as good as white people, I've asked if there is a cultural difference between the two. A question which is, as yet, unanswered.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

I do hope you see sense and remove your comparison made earlier. If it were something someone in my profession spouted I'd certainly consider informing the SRA, rather than Crimewatch.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 26 Sep 2013, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Matt wins the pompous prig of the year award !! :lol: :lol:

You can tell that he is training to be a lawyer ! =D
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Rjc70 wrote:Do pipe down. Really surprised you missed a trick in not throwing Matt Green into the mix as you have before. Oh no, I forgot - he overcame his 'attitudinal issue' with a move to the Championship.
Not before throwing a hissy fit at Chris Wilder (as well as here) for being dropped (hence the move to a BSP team), so it took him a while to click that his "attitudinal issue" needed to change.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

My beef was more about the 'attitude defects' observation and race comparison casually thrown out in an earlier post, but I get your point regarding the individual, sunnyside. I recall also hearing it at the time. Not heard of anything to really compare it with In the current squad, though, thankfully - barring one ill considered post.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

So, you refuse to accept that there is any possibility that there could be differences in culture between black people and white people and you refuse that idea so strongly that you class the mere suggestion or questioning otherwise to be an act of racism?

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Your comment, Matt, 'I fear Niall will become another Macklin, all the potential in the world, but unrealised because of attitude defects. These sorts of things seem to affect the black guys much more than the white fellows' seemed to be more of a statement rather than a question.

Suggesting, as you seem to be, black players are more prone to 'attitude defects' than white players is quite possibly racist in most people's books, other than your own warped one. But then Nick Griffin suggests the BNP are not a racist party so each can stretch the boundaries of the term to fit their own prejudice. If you - using your employment analogy - refused to appoint a black person 'because they are more prone to attitude defects, than white people I suspect you would have a case to answer.

The fact that just, allegedly, Macklin, Thompson and Matt Green have been held up as examples...so THREE players then, hmmm, good scientific study to support a prejudicial hypothesis...doesn't really support that point of view anyway.

In the case of Thompson, 'all the potential in the world'...I wouldn't say so. Limited ability is the more likely cause of his lack of first team opportunities, rather than 'attitude defects' that he has because of his skin colour as you appear to suggest.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bideford are actually doing well this season, they beat Weymouth a couple of weeks ago at home and are at the top end of the table.
Yeoman could well score a few goals there so maybe not that bad a move. Still think he has potential.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thompson to me has far more ability than Macklin but it does seem that he is one of the players out of favour with th manager.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Only one that surprises me is Nicho, whilst he's not quite the player he was he's still a reasonable player at this level, one of the few senior members of our squad and will be a big miss around the training ground/dressing room. The others are all not good enough a the moment so getting them some competitive games seems like the smart thing to do. Not going to contribute to the rest of this thread which is embarassing to say the least.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Confirmed in today's Herald that Nico asked to go on loan somewhere-"doesn't want to be sat on bench at his age".
"Most" of the others(Thompson,Craig,Yeoman and Hutchings) also asked for their names to be circulated for a loan.

As regards Mozika-"still a little way off him playing a match or us talking about anything definite for the future",according to Knill.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hmmmm - not read the above but if its correct its all got a taste of an unsettled squad to be fair. It seems very odd that Nico would ask to go on loan because he has been left out of the team for one game.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Decontextualism at its finest there, Hector. A valiant effort at twisting a perfectly fair question into something it so clearly isn't, but with my first two posts available in their entirety on this thread, anyone who falls for it will do so for a lack of fact checking.

Matt.