Newport v Torquay United. 28/09/2013

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

bigleigh wrote:If going by train the line is shut from bristol to Newport, a bus replacment service will operate between bristol parkway and Newport.
50 Billion quid planed for the new HS2 railway.......why do they not just spend that money improving existing links all over UK and NI ?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Banging_Them_In wrote: 50 Billion quid planned for the new HS2 railway.......why do they not just spend that money improving existing links all over UK and NI ?
I believe that's what UKIP has promised to do, if elected.... ?!!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Oh hello politics. I didn't think it would rear its head on a matchday thread!

We need a good coalition up front so they can play off eachother's ideas.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

They are improving the current trainline. Thats why they have a rail replacement service, so they can work on it.
newport guest
New Signing
New Signing

Post by newport guest »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:What are the odds that Zebroski scores the winner...
he's been excellent this season, always putting pressure on defenders, has missed a few chances tho, at moment
we have our two main attackers out at moment O'Connor been out all season he scored 20 plus goals last year and Christian jolly out for a month. plus several first team regulars out Andy sandell, Bryan Anthony max porter lee minstrel Aaron o,Connor Christian jolly all missing the torquay game. but young players came in last week against Exeter they were outstanding

hoping for a good football match
newport guest
New Signing
New Signing

Post by newport guest »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Thanks for the parking advice,ncfc.
What about best pubs for away fans-and the one's to avoid?
all Torquay fans very welcome have had no trouble for last two years with any away fans, pubs close to ground riverside tavern ivy bush artful dodger all pubs where county fans drink if your friendly there friendly. if coming on train a wither -spoons across the road from station. if your coming by coach / car then artful dodger is closest if you come in a bit earlier Newport town centre only 5 minutes from ground. plenty places to eat sub way, MacDonald's, Kentucky, coasta,s kings head hotel / pub excellent you can get food and drink in there.

inside ground bisley stand you can get drinks food etc. away end open but seated, best bet is to buy a ticket for the bisley stand good views of the game seated and sheltered worth paying extra £2.

have lovely day and a very warm welcome to wales.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

If you are coming from Oxford/Reading way like me there are some trains still running to and from Newport, they just go the opposite way via Gloucester, Stroud, Kemble etc. So take a bit longer than the usual route. This is what i'm doing anyway from Swindon.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Surprised that nobody has mentioned what happened last time we played there. Didn't Paul Bastard get locked in the toilet for the weekend, or is my memory playing tricks on me? I am getting old.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Pity it wasn't you and they lost the key.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:Pity it wasn't you and they lost the key.
I just let your words and comments speak for themselves Brucie. What a piece of work you are. :red:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: I believe that's what UKIP has promised to do, if elected.... ?!!

YES INDEED! HS2 WHAT A TERRIBLE THING!!

As for the game, are we allowed in the seating AND standing?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
newportandy
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by newportandy »

If you're getting the train down or even parking in town then the place to avoid on account of being shit is Wetherspoons.

Your best bet if getting off the train is the Sam Smiths pub The Murenger which is no more than a minutes walk away from the station. Come out of station and turn left, walk down the road, past the taxi rank to the zebra crossing opposite Newport Information Station. Cross the crossing and follow the Delilahs pub which is on the corner around with it being on your right hand side and The Murenger is next door to it. If you're not into your real ale type places then follow directions to the crossing and cross over and walk straight down the road passing Wetherspoons and The Lamb is right in front of you. Will probably be loads of County fans in there but there will be no bother.

Any of the pubs across the bridge over the River Usk - Riverside Tavern, Ivy Bush, The Dodger, Clarence Club are all decent boozers hwere you'll get a decent pint.

Andy
Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Thanks for the parking advice,ncfc.
What about best pubs for away fans-and the one's to avoid?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Surprised that nobody has mentioned what happened last time we played there. Didn't Paul Bastard get locked in the toilet for the weekend, or is my memory playing tricks on me? I am getting old.

:rofl:

Seriously?!!

I bet when the county staff found him and asked him his name he forgot himself for a moment and said Poor B*stard! :rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Obviously I appreciate also that this unfortunate incident must have been a terrible and harrowing experience for the man.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Might have been worse-could have been locked in Syd James Park for the night! :lol: