The Gaming Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Okay, so how good is GTA!?!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Nick wrote:Okay, so how good is GTA!?!
GTA doesn't look that great now - especially now that GTA V is out

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Scott Brehaut wrote:GTA doesn't look that great now - especially now that GTA V is out

;-)
you're a comedian :)\

GTA V is incredible. Torture scene was pretty uncomfortable - I had to step away from the PS3 for a few minutes afterwards - but other than it's been tremendous fun.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

GTA 5 , I can't wait for GTA 843, should be amazing, especially as now games designers have decided to make any other games apart from millions of sequels to the most 'popular'. I also can't wait for Assassins Creed 806! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:GTA 5 , I can't wait for GTA 843, should be amazing, especially as now games designers have decided to make any other games apart from millions of sequels to the most 'popular'. I also can't wait for Assassins Creed 806! :)
I'm hoping somebody brings out AustrianAndyGull 2.

This one is clearly past its sell by date :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:GTA 5 , I can't wait for GTA 843, should be amazing, especially as now games designers have decided to make any other games apart from millions of sequels to the most 'popular'. I also can't wait for Assassins Creed 806! :)
if they are popular and they make the designers lots of money then why on earth would they change it? Over the years, GTA has gained a massive massive audience, it wasn't surprising to see them make $800m on the first day alone, now smashing the $1bn mark, mental.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

And the game is quality...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

By that logic there would only be one star wars film (ok the modern ones are a bit shite) or one Godfather film.

Some sequels are good, some are bad. The GTA series is most definitely in the former category.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

LAY OFF STAR WARS. I liked them all.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Nick wrote: if they are popular and they make the designers lots of money then why on earth would they change it? Over the years, GTA has gained a massive massive audience, it wasn't surprising to see them make $800m on the first day alone, now smashing the $1bn mark, mental.

Great point Nick and I can't dispute that.

Maybe when the PS1 came out then games designers were testing the water, designing different games for different genres and then putting them out there and seeing which ones were the most popular. I think this process gave rise to them identifying games like Resi Evil, GTA, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider etc and churning out sequels of the most popular games. This became more prevalent when the PS2 came out and especially with the PS3. I have to say despite the improvements all round in terms of systems and gameplay, I actually far more enjoyed the games on the PS1 and 2 because there was so much variation around. Plenty of platformers which have just about died a death now, Jak and Daxter was great as was Crash Bandicoot but alas no more.

Not only do the games designers seem to be throwing out sequels of the same game series but I think that they have totally forgot about gamers who loved different genres of games sadly. I'm not against games like Call of Duty, I like playing them it's just that I like a change of tack now and then but the market seems limited at that.

I may buy the new Xbox and ditch the Playstation once and for all, which raises an interesting question. Which console do you think is the best out of the ones that are out there and why?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

happytorq wrote: I'm hoping somebody brings out AustrianAndyGull 2.

This one is clearly past its sell by date :)

That's what it feels like Happy! :lol:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I may buy the new Xbox and ditch the Playstation once and for all
Really? Why?! I don't see a compelling reason to get an Xbox One at all. The two next-gen consoles are very similar in specs, but the Xbox is making you have that godawlful kinect thing, and Microsoft's PR has been awful.

I've seen people saying "I'll stick with Xbox, that's what I'm used to" and "Screw Xbox, I'm getting a PS4", but you're honestly the first person I've seen suggesting that they'd move away from PS to MS

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Agree with Happytorq regarding PS4/Xbox. Much of the coverage has been widely more positive for the Sony release. To be honest the only reason I could see to switch to Xbox One is if you particularly like on of their 'exclusive' game titles, like Halo.

Almost finished GTA now (Happytorq you have SMASHED it) and eagerly awaiting the release of online content. It sounds awesome. You keen for some heists together, Happytorq?

For anyone that cares here are my reviews for GTA: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/GAM ... story.html

and FIFA 14: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/GAM ... story.html

Go on, help a fellow Gull! :)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote: Almost finished GTA now (Happytorq you have SMASHED it) and eagerly awaiting the release of online content. It sounds awesome. You keen for some heists together, Happytorq?
I've been trying to get 100% for the last day or so. problem is I'm determined not to look at any online guides so I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing.

After I got the end of the story, I had a really sense of loss. Like.."shit, what am I going to do now?"

so yeah, Online looks like it'll work! absolutely want to do some heisting, too (time difference might make things a tad awkward though)

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I've seen you online when I've been online (pastyface7) but maybe you just leave your playstation on?