The Gaming Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:I've seen you online when I've been online (pastyface7) but maybe you just leave your playstation on?
oh, yeah, I just leave it on pretty much all day. I have about 13 hours with each character now (on average).

are you on the social club thingy?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

No I'm not on social club thingy. Should I be?

Tried going on to it today but Rockstar's servers must be fried. No chance of getting on for a run around. Created my character and went to start the first mission but it glitched out.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:No I'm not on social club thingy. Should I be?

Tried going on to it today but Rockstar's servers must be fried. No chance of getting on for a run around. Created my character and went to start the first mission but it glitched out.
i just like sharing my selfies on the social club :) seemed cool.

also you could see how much time ive played on it and what acheivements i have, etc.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

You had any luck going online, HappyTorq?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:You had any luck going online, HappyTorq?
not tried to get online yet. still at work!

I'm 5 hours behind you.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Anyone had any luck on GTA online? I managed to get a character going but it got deleted from their cloud servers when I got to level 10 and I couldn't be bothered after that. They really need to sort their servers out.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I've been online and not had any trouble. Only level 8/9 though so fingers crossed I don't lose mine at level 10 as you did!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

They've said they have fixed character deletion problems now (it seems thousands had the issue). So you SHOULD be okay. What console are you on, Nick? I don't have anyone to do online shit with!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

xbox mate, the obvious choice :p

massively enjoying online with friends, it is awesome, though the cops are ALOT tougher to get away from I find, and also they're alot easier to get aswell!

I saw something saying that because of all the problems, anyone who has played online will receive $500,000 in-game dollars for your character as an apology, which would be awesome as i have struggled to get over $20k so far! :lol:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

has anyone played the games sleeping dogs and dead island on xbox 360? if so, are they any good? :|
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

chunkygull wrote:has anyone played the games sleeping dogs and dead island on xbox 360? if so, are they any good? :|
I have Sleeping Dogs on my PS3 - got it for free with the PS+ program. Absolutely brilliant game. Better than GTA IV, for sure. Really enjoyed it.

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Nick wrote:xbox mate, the obvious choice :p
loser :)
Nick wrote:I saw something saying that because of all the problems, anyone who has played online will receive $500,000 in-game dollars for your character as an apology, which would be awesome as i have struggled to get over $20k so far! :lol:
I have just over $200k now. i recommend lots of races - even if you finish 6th out of 8 you're getting $2000, which is helpful. Also, nicking cars and selling them to the mod shop is helpful. You can't get $9,000 for one of the fancy land rover-looking types, although you can only do one every 45 minutes (that's a day in the game).

Not usually into the online stuff but this has been terrific. Getting a little pissed off with random people driving past and killing me for no reason though.

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

happytorq wrote: I have Sleeping Dogs on my PS3 - got it for free with the PS+ program. Absolutely brilliant game. Better than GTA IV, for sure. Really enjoyed it.

thanks for that. its quite cheap on ebay so i will give it a go. :-D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

ok, SteveGull - I made a crew since apparently you get bonus RP and money for being in one. I called it "Perennial Strugglers", which I thought seemed appropriate. Anyway, let me know yours and that other chaps social club name and I'll invite you.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

ahhh, top lad! Do I have to sign up to social club then? Because I haven't yet...

Will crack on to it tomorrow probably. If you want to add the 'other chap' his name is rasco47 I believe.