redundancies

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

MidDevon wrote:Interesting rooster.....I was not aware that Lingy had a full year left on his contract when he was "released"....that is news to me and no doubt many others on here....as he left just prior to his engagement anniversary he must have negotiated this new contract whilst he was off sick.....a fantastic piece of work from Lingy....all credit to him for his negotiation skills

Are you in a position to be able to tell us the terms and conditions of Knills contract as well?
As if he was going to negotiate a new contract while he was off sick, listen to what your saying. His contract never had an end date it just carried on. It wasn't to be reviewed annually it just keeps ticking over until the day when another club came in for Martin they would have to pay a years salary as compensation. Likewise if the club terminated martins contract he would be entitled to a years salary . Hence the term "a years rolling contract" . As soon as the ink was dry on that deal Martin told me that if he was sacked he would always get a years salary..... And guess what he did !!
TUFC4EVER
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TUFC4EVER »

The redundancies were sadly inevitable due to the club spending load's on minibuses for the Youth Team (£2,500 each for 3, total £7,500) when the mini buses were worth £500 each tops.

Top of the range training equipment and buying 30 lots of each piece of equipment spending thousands of pounds when there was no need to.

Hiring an accountancy firm to do the books when there are directors who are apparently good at number, plus having two finance people employed by the club.

Not taking advantage of online shops such as Ebay and Amazon for merchandise.

Not using Facebook and Twitter enough, you could have match hightlights go onto Facebook and Twitter says 1/2 weeks after they've been on Gulls Player. They could also film reserve team games and post them online for fan's (and give more exposure to sponsors that way).

They could have a social media sponsor (Have an 10-15 second advert play before and and at the end of each video in a 1 year deal) which would generate money.

Let either Palm FM or another radio station have a button on the website so people can press it and listen to the station in exchange for sponsorship money.

The club is run by people who have their heart's the right place but lack creativeness, ambition and drive to really push this club forward. Yeah money is short like it always has, but it doesn't have to be like that from no on. I am gob-smacked by some people (Our own fans, YOU!!!) who say we are only a league 2 (maybe league 1) club at best, no we are better than that, we can do so much better if people in charge get up and actually do something other than cut back after a certain point. There is so much we can do still to improve yet nothing is happening.
WillowsGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by WillowsGull »

Some interesting thoughts & ideas there. Not sure all the criticism of the club is tremendously fair though, it's all too easy to make assumptions.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

TUFC4EVER wrote:The redundancies were sadly inevitable due to the club spending load's on minibuses for the Youth Team (£2,500 each for 3, total £7,500) when the mini buses were worth £500 each tops.

Top of the range training equipment and buying 30 lots of each piece of equipment spending thousands of pounds when there was no need to.

Hiring an accountancy firm to do the books when there are directors who are apparently good at number, plus having two finance people employed by the club.

Not using Facebook and Twitter enough, you could have match hightlights go onto Facebook and Twitter says 1/2 weeks after they've been on Gulls Player. They could also film reserve team games and post them online for fan's (and give more exposure to sponsors that way).

They could have a social media sponsor (Have an 10-15 second advert play before and and at the end of each video in a 1 year deal) which would generate money.

Let either Palm FM or another radio station have a button on the website so people can press it and listen to the station in exchange for sponsorship money.

The club is run by people who have their heart's the right place but lack creativeness, ambition and drive to really push this club forward. Yeah money is short like it always has, but it doesn't have to be like that from no on. I am gob-smacked by some people (Our own fans, YOU!!!) who say we are only a league 2 (maybe league 1) club at best, no we are better than that, we can do so much better if people in charge get up and actually do something other than cut back after a certain point. There is so much we can do still to improve yet nothing is happening.
Just a question when has the youth team had 3 mini buses ? Are you talking about at once or in total ? And to be honest the youth team are given 100k from the premier league and is ring fenced for the youth team so they can spend that money on what they want and it's totally seperate from the 1st team budget.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

supergulls wrote: As if he was going to negotiate a new contract while he was off sick, listen to what your saying. His contract never had an end date it just carried on. It wasn't to be reviewed annually it just keeps ticking over until the day when another club came in for Martin they would have to pay a years salary as compensation. Likewise if the club terminated martins contract he would be entitled to a years salary . Hence the term "a years rolling contract" . As soon as the ink was dry on that deal Martin told me that if he was sacked he would always get a years salary..... And guess what he did !!

Amazin it gets better, the old chestnut that I heard it all from the man himself :) that makes your posting rock solid :whistle:

Don't you think for one minute that if Martin is saying that to people he would be in breach of contract....
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Doubt me if you wish it's up to you, can I ask if there's any people that I normally talk to that can confirm or deny that in general I'm very well informed please. maybe it's because I'm not just any old anyone as you say.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

That is not the point, the point is will anyone confirm Ling got the payout you said....I doubt it
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TUFC4EVER wrote:The redundancies were sadly inevitable due to the club spending load's on minibuses for the Youth Team (£2,500 each for 3, total £7,500) when the mini buses were worth £500 each tops.

Utter, cataclysmic, intergalactic level drivel, appallingly hacked together by someone with less knowledge of the running of a professional football club than could be boasted by my toaster.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

MidDevon wrote:That is not the point, the point is will anyone confirm Ling got the payout you said....I doubt it
Well ask Andy candy and see what he says ?? Ive never lied on here and I never will if I'm in the dark I just keep quiet. But when I know 100% something is fact I will make the comment as to avoid the embaressment of being proved to be incorrect. I would rather not post if it's something I am not informed on rather than using guess work.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

Matt

I think when someone is made redundant (yes I know it's the job that goes, not the person etc) it is all to understandable that they look around and find areas that money has been spent and wasted, in their opinion...perhaps TUFC4EVER was either someone made redundent or close to someone who was.....just a thought
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

supergulls wrote: Well ask Andy candy and see what he says ?? Ive never lied on here and I never will if I'm in the dark I just keep quiet. But when I know 100% something is fact I will make the comment as to avoid the embaressment of being proved to be incorrect. I would rather not post if it's something I am not informed on rather than using guess work.

Not sure why Andrew Candy is asked to comment?

A bit unfair to ask him to do so
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Not really it will confirm or deny if I'm right or wrong ! Job done

You said will someone confirm or deny whether the payoff took place, well Andy would know
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

No one who knows the first thing about the inner workings of the club could possibly post so much rubbish in one post. This is, of course, with due regard to the tone of your post.

Matt.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Who is that directed at Matt ?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

MidDevon wrote:Matt

I think when someone is made redundant (yes I know it's the job that goes, not the person etc) it is all to understandable that they look around and find areas that money has been spent and wasted, in their opinion...perhaps TUFC4EVER was either someone made redundent or close to someone who was.....just a thought
Super, it's directed at the above.

Matt.