Thought For the Day

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's said that the UK has a housing shortage. But wouldn't it be more correct to say it has a population surplus..??

One certainly gets the feeling that our islands are getting overcrowded...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The green bits are the empty bits, the grey bits are the full(ish) bits.

Matt.
Attachments
Google Maps.png
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Hmm.. And when the green bits also become grey, who will provide all the grey bits with their food..?? We're not self-sufficient in food even now.. And some of the green bits on the map are conducive neither to farming nor to habitation.

Not to mention the water supply.. :(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You could fit the world's population onto the Isle of Wight, an island so small that, at the range from which the above image was taken, it doesn't even show up. Half a dozen Bulgarians are not going to fill up England, stop being so hysterical.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:You could fit the world's population onto the Isle of Wight, an island so small that, at the range from which the above image was taken, it doesn't even show up. Half a dozen Bulgarians are not going to fill up England, stop being so hysterical.
Matt.
Matt that's a fallacious argument. Even if you could fit the world's population onto the Isle of Wight, how would they live there?

Who's being hysterical..?? ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I seem to remember a case where a woman sued a man for maintenance for 'their' baby, only to be told that he had secretly undergone a vasectomy a year or two before..

If every new-born baby was to be DNA tested for paternity, what percentage of 'fathers' would discover they're not the actual fathers..??
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gullscorer wrote:I seem to remember a case where a woman sued a man for maintenance for 'their' baby, only to be told that he had secretly undergone a vasectomy a year or two before..

If every new-born baby was to be DNA tested for paternity, what percentage of 'fathers' would discover they're not the actual fathers..??
Your women hating posts are getting a little tiring now!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Richinns wrote: Your women hating posts are getting a little tiring now!
How is that women-hating? It's an objective observation and a legitimate question. It could just as easily and fallaciously be said that pointing out the man's secret vasectomy is men-hating. Or if a man discovers he's not the real father, then some other man must have been cuckolding him. If I point that out, would you then say such an observation is men-hating? It's nonsensical.

I have never hated women, and you will not find such hatred in any of my posts if you read them carefully. What I do hate is the ever-increasing influence and power of gender feminism, which is a man-hating ideology based upon a mythical 'patriarchy' and a 'rape culture' in western society which does not exist and has never existed. My comments on this and associated topics are only a proportion of my total threads and posts, which I have always endeavoured to keep coherent, logical and factual. You are welcome to put your own reasoned arguments, as opposed to merely whingeing or making ad hominem attacks. Of course, if you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them. How about finding a few topics of your own to post, or, if you're tired, go back to sleep..??
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gullscorer, I do read your posts carefully but they all say the same thing - which is "I got f*cked in the divorce settlement".
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Made I larf, Rich. I do actually enjoy Gullscorers posts, especially his rants so I'm not sure why they upset you. I'd much rather read them than half of the shit posted on the main board these days (present company excluded of course) ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

When was the last time you went into Sainsbury's, only to find that it had sold out of everything because all the bloody immigrants had been in there earlier in the day, spending all their benefits, while you had to go in the evening because you were hard at work to pay tax so they could have said benefits? It happens to me all the time.

Equally, those pesky foreigners, sitting at home, using all the water. When I come home, I'm forever turning on the tap to have my half portion of boil-in-the-bag rice (all I can afford, after the immigrants have had all my salary in tax so they can live in mansions), only to find that there's no water left, because they've used it all.

Same with gas and electricity. Why can't they just go back to Woogbooga land where they came from... :}

Matt.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

oh this will be all over the Penn Inn, Just for the record I watched Blazing Saddles (the uncut version) last night. That should make me a racist over there lol
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I was thinking the same. I watched Django Unchained last week. I was right on the cusp of calling Crimestoppers and shopping myself.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I think you'll find that immigrants are generally more hardworking than many of the locals. Makes sense to put our lazy homegrown chavs into the armed forces and send them into battle against those pesky foreigners, who will then flee to the UK and claim asylum, which should be granted to them all, since they are more hardworking than most of us. Some of them could even join the armed forces and go abroad to root out terrorists. They'd probably make a far better job of it..