Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Hertz will accept a debit card, I know this as I visit my lad in Dublin on a regular basis and they are the only one I can hire from as I don't have a credit card. They do charge 14 euro a day for waiver insurance (it's either that or 1200 euro deposit!) but on the whole they aren't too bad.
:clap:
Well I probably spoke too soon.
Flew over in August and pre booked and paid for a category 'B' car (Fiesta or similar). Place was heaving when we arrived, loads of reporters and cameramen going somewhere and all running late. Finally got to front of queue and offered a category 'A' car as no 'B's were available and we had somewhere to be (A is the cheapest category). Got a Seat Mii, the tiniest thing I've ever squeezed into, but it got us there.
Contacted customer service on my return, got an apology and a promise of an investigation. Had to chase it up after 3 weeks ON THE PHONE TO IRELAND-TWICE! and finally got offer of a refund E4.81 ffs, about £4.50

Not finished yet but Hertz Ireland can go fook themselves from now on.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Why do people complain about having to pay for the TV Licence, but quite happily pay out far more for satellite TV..?

And why pay for TV at all, when you can easily catch up on the programmes you want to see on the broadcasters' websites, and loads more stuff on YouTube and the wider internet..??
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The licence fee is a tax and unless you can buy a tv and ask for all BBC programming to be removed (which I don't believe you can) then you are forced to pay it even if you don't want to watch BBC.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

25 November and the neighbours are putting up their christmas lights.

F**k off you c****!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote:25 November and the neighbours are putting up their christmas lights.

F**k off you c****!!!!
:clap: :lol:

My other half and little one went to Chesterfield's Christmas Lights switch on last night by some nobody. I refused to go. I told them the market square would be full of chavs, burger vans and cheap fairground rides charging 2 or 3 quid a pop and that she'd get fed up after half an hour and want to come home. What happened? Of course, I was right.

The English can't even do Christmas Markets either. They are appalling and tacky and only really look anything like authentic when they have German and French stalls and stuff. I've been to a few Christmas Markets across Europe and they really get you in the mood for the festive period. Ours just make you want to head for the nearest pub and get rat arsed.

Also, why do many towns and cities have their Christmas Markets at the back end of November / beginning of December? The clue is in the title CHRISTMAS MARKET. Having it at the end of November isn't f*cking Christmas is it?!!!! :@ What business sense do the councils have?!! Surely in the 2 weeks run up to Christmas there will be more people on the streets of our towns and cities, more likely to make impulse purchases and get caught up in festive overspending? So it would be obvious to hold the Christmas Markets in those two weeks to maximize profits yes? THICK COUNCIL DUMBASSES!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I was watching a drama documentary a couple of days ago on More4 called '1983:The Brink Of Apocalypse' about how the stupid Americans aided by Chief bitch Thatcher took us to the brink of WW3. It was interesting, but why did they have a narrator who cant say 'nuclear' when the whole story concerned nuclear war? Its NUCLEAR not 'newkiller' ffs.

If a program is to have a narrator I don't really care whether they're white, black, pink, green, male, female, tranny, cross dresser, any of the aforementioned or combinations of such.
What I do mind (and this definitely goes for radio presenters ie Jonathan fookin' WOSS et al or ANYONE who has to speak in the media) IS THAT THEY CAN SPEAK AND PRONOUNCE WORDS PROPERLY FFS! :@ :@ :@

(Narks me a bit does that)
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I once heard a northerner attempt to speak English. He didn't even get as close as the Vietnamese man I was with at the time, and he'd only been in country a week.

Beardy, pronounce 'bread roll' for me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

ferrarilover wrote:I once heard a northerner attempt to speak English. He didn't even get as close as the Vietnamese man I was with at the time, and he'd only been in country a week.

Beardy, pronounce 'bread roll' for me.

Matt.
UUARRR, oi will my lurver........

Bread cake (pronounced bred-caak-you soft southern two-hat!)

:}
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Bread cake, ahahaha, **** hell Beardy! :rofl:

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

E-Cigs

Just stop smoking, you're embarrassing yourselves now.

I actually stopped smoking about 8 years ago. It was tough but my approach to it was to just not smoke anymore cigarettes.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

B@stard production team and makers of Family Guy - They've killed off Brian The Dog! :'(
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:E-Cigs

Just stop smoking, you're embarrassing yourselves now.

I actually stopped smoking about 8 years ago. It was tough but my approach to it was to just not smoke anymore cigarettes.
Nothing marks you out as a definite Yewtree "person of interest" faster than appearing with an E-cig (apart, perhaps, from an Exeter City shirt).

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Yeah and also 2 houses have burned down near me these past 2 weeks (no they weren't arson - I reside in a respectable manor) but these e-cigs recharger things have blown up and caused fires.

More dangerous than the bloody real ones!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You live in the north, the whole place is a ropey council estate. Respectable manor, I ask you.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I hate it when people mis-use the English language and use adjectives when they should be using nouns.

It's usually officialdom which is the worst offender. For example, using the word 'operative' instead of the correct word 'operator', or 'male' instead of 'man', or 'female' instead of 'woman'.

Some adjectives have been so much misused that they have actually and disgracefully come to be accepted as nouns in the language. For example 'complainant' instead of 'complainer'.

Duh..!! :@