Match highlights (plymouth)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Which would be a fine argument, if it bore any resemblance to the video, which it doesn't. Craig is nowhere near the "apex" of his jump when the ball hits his arm, he's barely off the ground and still travelling upwards. To suggest that he wanted the ball to hit him is silly. That is to say that he wanted to give away a penalty.
Given all the facts of the incident, as well as the clarification provided by Mr Poll, the award of a penalty was, at best unjustifiably harsh and at worst yet another example of the gross incompetence of one of the very worst officials in the Football League.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I never suggested he wanted the ball to hit his arm. I do suggest that to put himself and his arm in that position would be a reckless action given that a referee would probably award a penalty in such a situation.

But I suppose we can console ourselves with the knowledge that Mr Darren Deadman wasn't officiating...? :-/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Tru dat, **** Deadman would have found a way of awarding two penalties for the one offence.

Matt.
tufcgiants
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by tufcgiants »

Sorry but your all perfectly aware, if that happened to us, we'd be furious if it wasn't given.

Ref had no choice, the ball struck an arm that was outstretched to make his body look bigger, and I've watched the replay plenty now, the ball hits his first, not his back as many are suggesting.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tufcgiants wrote:Sorry but your all perfectly aware, if that happened to us, we'd be furious if it wasn't given.

Ref had no choice, the ball struck an arm that was outstretched to make his body look bigger, and I've watched the replay plenty now, the ball hits his first, not his back as many are suggesting.
It was a clear cut penalty. You are going to get your 'us' and 'them' muddled up in a minute. But thank you for your views Agent Pilgrim! ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Please, quote me the 'many' who are saying the ball hit his back.

Matt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Definitely a penalty for me. I think CP is wearing his Colin Lee glasses again ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:Tru dat, f**king Deadman would have found a way of awarding two penalties for the one offence.

Matt.
And this is one of the key points. There is only one ref worse than this guy and that is Darren Deadhead. Both of these clowns seem to have it in for the Gulls.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

[quote="gullintwoplaces]There is only one ref worse than this guy and that is Darren Deadhead. Both of these clowns seem to have it in for the Gulls.[/quote]
Even more so if they read threads such as this.. :~D
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gullscorer wrote:[quote="gullintwoplaces]There is only one ref worse than this guy and that is Darren Deadhead. Both of these clowns seem to have it in for the Gulls.
Even more so if they read threads such as this.. :~D[/quote][/quote]

Let them read and hopefully improve their performances, which at times have been quite shameful.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

In situations like that, you simply don't turn your back. Does a goalkeeper turn his back when shot at full pelt from point blank range ?

There you are then.

Don't think I don't know why players turn there back in situations like that, it is because they are afraid of being knocked out with a broken nose when the ball hits them full force in the face, or worse, doubles you up in excruciating pain when it hits you in the nuts.

It happens, it's called taking one for the team.

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Judging by your boat race, Troj, you took more than one for a number of teams.

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:Judging by your boat race, Troj, you took more than one for a number of teams.

Matt.
This is true :-/, but I only ever stopped one in the nuts :Z, after that I made sure I wore a box.

Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Trojan 67 wrote: This is true :-/, but I only ever stopped one in the nuts :Z, after that I made sure I wore a box.

Otherwise known as a thimble ;-)
Dave