Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Post by hector »

Well, the last two times this poll has been run, the site has crashed. If it does again, I will suspect a conspiracy from Alan Knill's one remaining supporter.

As before, I have enabled it so you can change your vote, so if for some inexplicable reason, Alan Knill is still our manager this time next week, and we somehow fluke a win and you think, all is fine, you can alter your vote.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

This is getting silly now. Should this and should that.

The simple facts are that we have no choice now. We have to get rid asap or we drop. Non negotiable and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely naïve, hasn't seen us much this season or hasn't looked at the league table and our stats. It's all there in balck and white for anybody to see - Knill cannot stop this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

The board need to act now, we have a 2 week break(only because we are out of cup). We have so many games left to turn this around. Sacking Knill has been estimated at 70/80k, playing Conf will lose us more. Act now as I can't see us getting out of the Conf this time.
Lucy
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Of course Knill must go. Our club is dying under his leadership and that is heartbreaking for loyal fans. The Board must act now or it really will be too late. It may be too late already.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Of course Knill must go. Our club is dying under his leadership and that is heartbreaking for loyal fans. The Board must act now or it really will be too late. It may be too late already.
No it's not too late, we just need the right manager. Barnsley just sacked their manager. Come on Thea sack him on the coach home tonight
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

I see Knill is a member on this forum, he's voted NO
Lucy
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

He's lost most of the fan's support, we are bottom of a really poor league and we are playing sh*t football, yes of course he should go. Knill was always a gamble when he came in last season, he kept us up, but that was then and this is now. We're talking about losing upwards of £600,000 plus if we fall out of the league.

He has to go, don't care or know who would be the next possible manager but right now I'd take anyone but Knill.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who is the one anyway. Today we were 2-0 down playing like turds AGAIN, no subs at half time, waits 20 minutes when it clearly wasn't working FIVE minutes into the second half and then brings on Stockley when we are 3-0 down!! Then he doesn't bring anyone else on even then and even when we had got one back. Is this one person Alan Knill? Alan Knill is a bit on the odd side if you ask me and I am concerned for his mental well being. Nobody can make such atrocious decisions when the decisions he SHOULD make are obvious to all the fans inside the ground. Alan Knill is a bit simple.

The thing is the confidence in the players is shot to pieces by this total imbecile and therefore any new man will have his work cut out even trying to turn this mess around and even given 20 or so games. For the first time this season I actually had sympathy with the players out there today because Knill is basically like a disease spreading throughout the squad and club.

Where is Sly Stallone when you need him? COBRA!! What a film!

"You're the disease Knill and I'm the cure" he'd say before politely telling him to go forth and multiply or face the wrath of Cobra. :clap:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

October, & November.........6 points gained.
Out of all cup competitions.
Destroyed Ling's mid table team during the summer.
Taken us to the bottom of the table 5 points from safety ( 4 plus one extra for the dreadful goal difference )
SURELY A NO BRAINER!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Get rid.

He seems a bit... limp (?) I want someone who:

A.Wears a suit (Knill looks ridiculous in a tracksuit)

B.Someone with b*******, someone who'll make the players fear having a bad game.

C.Someone who'll use the loan market effectively but not neglect our own players. Lathrope and Yeoman out on loan seems ridiculous to me. What about the promise of Sullivan too..?

Get rid so I don't have to listen to his dull interviews anymore.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Anyone willing to share this information with Mrs Bristow? Lost the support of the fans. Has to go!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: No it's not too late, we just need the right manager. Barnsley just sacked their manager. Come on Thea sack him on the coach home tonight
they have lucy.

he was pushed into the job in the first place after the club had been turned down by serveral people - including sean o'driscoll who was sacked by brizzie city this week. (serves him right! =D )

i have a lot of time for flicker - did the imposssible to keep Barnsley up and was always going to be in a difficult position re squad and finance. even yeovil have a bigger budget! :-o

good luck to him. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tktufc91 wrote:Anyone willing to share this information with Mrs Bristow? Lost the support of the fans. Has to go!
She knows.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Sad state of affairs especially for a team who is relatively well financed to stay in this league.
Time for Alan to try his hand at managing a Conference side, hopefully not ours!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

At the moment it is 93% in favour of AK going, with 7% (2 people, goodness knows why) wanting Knill to stay.

I realise this poll may not be entirely representative of the Plainmoor crowd - if anything it is likely to underestimate the groundswell of opinion against the manager. If we took say the amount of people to be interested at roughly 2300 people then 93% of that is 2139 meaning 161 people would be in favour of Knill staying.

It is my view that you would struggle to find that many fans who would want to keep the manager, even if there are those who think they should keep because of the possible misnomer that the club cannot afford to sack him. If Knill is still manager next game, what financial hit might the club take? A drop of 500 fans could be approximately £10,000 off the gate income. And if we lose £10,000 per game we will very quickly lose the amount of money we would apparently 'save' by not getting rid of our manager, plus be nailed on for relegation with the significant additional losses in income that would entail.

To me, it makes both financial and footballing sense to dispense with Knill, even if it means re-employing Martin Ling. I would sooner him than Knill any day of the week.