Scunthorpe United v Torquay United - 30/11/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:You've fallen into the trap, Scotty. I can't be arsed to explain it again.

Matt.

Difference is Nick, we did, in fact, draw the second half 1-1.

Priceless!! :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Despite a much improved performance on Tuesday I didn't really expect a win today so rather than sit watching Gillette Soccer Saturday I've just come back from the FA Trophy (remember those cup games?!) match between Aldershot and Weston-Super-Mare. Ended 1-1 as Aldershot snatched a late,late equaliser in added time.
Interesting to see how poor Aldershot played following their administration and relegation whereas I was impressed with Weston's organization and skill - also not to mention their passion. They had two outstanding players in Tristan Plummer (their goalscorer) and number 7 whose name I don't know. As part-timers they could teach our squad a thing or two.
Whilst I understand the real concerns of those who want Knill out but how much reponsibility also lies with the players?
I shall be interested to read the opinions of those who were at Scunthorpe today.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ferrarilover wrote:You've fallen into the trap, Scotty. I can't be arsed to explain it again.

Matt.

Difference is Nick, we did, in fact, draw the second half 1-1.
They used to say that to us at school, after one of the school teams had been whipped by a team who then let up in the second half.

It fooled nobody then, nor does it fool anyone now
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

BayGull wrote:At least we have 2 decent radio commentators today!!
I know its all about opinions but I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious here. I dont listen that often to them but today was not good imo. The main guy (Gaunt) is average at best but the summariser is abysmal. I've had more excitement listening to bagpipes.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Post more later about today but no more news. We're still as awful as ever, Knill is still as clueless as ever and whatever anyone else might think, we keep Knill we go down and I'm right. So long as the board and the rest of you know this then that's fine. No point in going over old ground, we're 4 points adrift have won just 3 of 19 and here's the biggie folks WE STILL DON'T LOOK LIKE STRINGING TWO DECENT RESULTS TOGETHER. I've said it before about 2 months back and i'll say it again although I know a few more of you are coming round to my way of thinking. Knill will have us cut adrift by the new year if he stays. No arguments about it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Knill has to go. Where is our midfield? Craig is not O'Kane, Mozika was naff, Mansell waved his arms about a bit. Downes should be captain, stat.

Bottom of the league. What a load of ****.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm amazed we're only 4 points adrift. Just goes to show what a poor standard this league is. Having saying that, we are the worst of the worst and deservedly so. I am convinced that as long as Knill is in charge we are going down.

Everyone else seems to be picking up a few wins, whereas we look like we are never going to win another game this season. We can't afford to get further cut off from the rest.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the best thing about today was finding sam smiths dark mild at an unbelievable £1.34 a pint!! is there a more massive multiple anywhere in the world between the price of beer in the closest real pub to the ground and the entrance fee, £1.34 to £21, thats a factor of over 15 i believe, amazing!!

good to see austrian andy, amazed to see the stewards spot someone from 100 yds swigging from a hip flask! we scored the best goal, had two decent free kicks, but apart from that only a powder puff shot to show for our afternoon.

rice solid, downes pretty damn good, but cant really think of much else to say about our team, just largely anonymous. expected more of mozika, benyon ran as usual, but i've never liked the cut of his jib, looks like a torquay grammar school player to me

enjoyed my day out as i always do, met a scottish gull and simon in the honest lawyer and some very friendly locals, a great cabby who whisked us away after the game in time for the 1708 train back to some hills, saved us a painful extra hour listening to some obviously happy scunny fans!

oxford next for me, cant really see any hope, knill seems completely devoid of emotion in that big daft grey coat he wears! could hardly have had a tougher game after tuesday, but whats the crowd gonna be next home game, sub 2000 for sure, and gates like that will surely seal our descent back into the netherworlds of the conference>>

unfortunately KNILL OUT
still keeping the faith
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Every single week it's essentially the same story on the OS "No luck for Torquay", it's not no luck, we're just poor at scoring.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Basically we were made to look like a pub side by a pub side. We created nothing, we had no movement until late on in the game, we again, oh I just can't be bothered again with this. They were sh*t and we were even sh*tter. The end.

I actually felt sympathy with the players today as they are like the blind being led by the blind. There is nothing there, you can see it week in week out and the hunch that I had about Northampton winning this weekend after their superb performance against Chesterfield came true. They now have backed up a superb performance with a win whilst we back up a draw at home with sh*tty Argyle with another awful sloppy defeat. All the teams at the bottom are now beginning to slowly get something together and we are getting left behind.

I'm not even going to criticise the players today because I just cannot be bothered. I've had enough and sod my plans for Dagenham away in a few weeks, with Knill in charge it's just not worth the hassle and I'm ashamed of myself as I feel I'm not doing my bit.

Today Knill gave another masterclass in mis-management by once again doing nothing for 34 minutes after we'd gone 2-0 down even though it was blatantly obvious we weren't making any impression on them whatsoever. We then go 3 down and his decisive action was to wait 4 minutes before making a like for like swap Benners off for Stockley. This tactical masterstroke saw Scunthorpe having to do precisely sod all different than what they had been doing to contain us easily. That was the only sub.

I'm sorry but this is getting really weird now. Why would a manager busting a gut to save his job just be so lame in his actions. At least use every single option you have at your disposal to try and make something happen. It is basically unforgivable and it is happening most weeks. Same at Accy last weekend. Chasing the game and he brings on Azeez with 9 minutes on the clock and that's it. It is f*cking odd to say the least and I'm wondering about these match fixing allegations now. Nothing adds up. He's either incredibly dim or something is going on.

He then did a runner down the tunnel I believe after the final whistle. Thanks for that Alan. Appreciated mate.

I sensed the resignation on a lot of fans faces today, especially some of the ones I regularly stand with who journey all over the country watching this circus. They will be at Dagenham I've no doubt but i get the feeling that it will be because of a sense of duty. I really truly and sincerely give those lads and lasses my utmost respect tonight and i feel so sorry for them having to trawl back down to Devon in the dark, tired, annoyed, desperate and all because one man is taking money for making us a laughing stock. I take my hat and pants off to those fans tonight and whilst pro Knill fans sit in the comfort of their armchairs pontificating about the fickle nature of fans then maybe they should spare a thought for these folk when having an opinion totally at odds to what is happening all around the club. Knill is no better than the bankers and he makes me feel sick. He has a responsibility to his employers at the very least to attain certain standards. Sack in him time for Christmas and make him reflect on the hundreds and thousands of pounds spent by fans watching his total bullsh*t so far this season only to be thanked by running away from us after games like me on the forum.

On a positive note, obviously it isn't going to be about anything on the pitch, it was good to stand next to Bix and have a chit chat. Good to say hi to our Leeds based alcoholic Gaz, good to stand with Alex and Ben (who was unnaturally scathing today :clap: ), good to stand with Charlotte and Kirsty and their friends Mr & Mrs Sambuca :~D , good to stand with Keith, good to stand with Mark Bithell who i heard once again had a failed betting experience. See, I'm not the only one. :O and good to have a brief chat with Matt, Diamondgirl and Mr Wonderland. :)

If I've missed anyone out I'm sorry!

THAT SUB TODAY FELT LIKE A F*CKING WIN!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

OllieGull wrote:Every single week it's essentially the same story on the OS "No luck for Torquay", it's not no luck, we're just poor at scoring.

AND DEFENDING. :-/

SH*T AT DEFENDING + SH*T AT SCORING = CERTAIN RELEGATION
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

"Scunthorpe’s keeper made a load of good saves"

According to AK hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Only three shots on target, something doesn't add up here, somebody's got something horribly wrong.

"We have to keep working hard and hope it’s going to change"

Yep you got that one right Alan, how about you feck off and we'll come back through the turnstiles?
Last edited by Dave_Pougher on 30 Nov 2013, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yeah, Knill is a lying get. I think Craig smashed the bar first half from a really well executed free kick but apart from that we created nothing that would trouble a professional keeper.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
THAT SUB TODAY FELT LIKE A F*CKING WIN!!
Priceless
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Guys, there's plenty to genuinely moan about here. Wilfully decontextualising something I've said then wilfully misinterpreting it is a bit of a waste of time. Only morons fall for it, and if that's who you're trying to convince, chances are you're one of them. It's tiresome.

In other news, I have cause to believe we'll see some activity not later than Monday. Whether it's reported or not is another matter. Up to this point, the reality of the situation has been a thing which, as of today, it may no longer be.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"