Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, what if for arguments sake Knill managed to get Sergio Aguero here for a months loan. Man City say to him "Play him every game he's fit enough to play in and we'll cover his wages". Does that sound plausible enough?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:A lot of the changes have been forced on him though. I don't even know why it always feels like I'm supporting him, I'm no happier than anyone else about the situation we're in but I can see so many reasons why this has come about and a lot of them are not simply down to the manager. He's had to overcome a lot of things people seem too ready to forget.

Anyway, enough from me, I'll leave everyone to their public lynching. When Knill has gone and his successor does no better and then drops the bombshell about what he's had to put up with and why he has to leave etc etc I'll remind everyone of this time, just like I did when people were celebrating the sacking of Ling. Be careful what you wish for.
I said something similar when Knill was appointed because I never rated him. I wasn't one celebrating the demise of Ling. I didn't see how he could stay because I felt he wouldn't get a fair crack of the whip, but I would choose him over Knill, every day.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote: I said something similar when Knill was appointed because I never rated him. I wasn't one celebrating the demise of Ling. I didn't see how he could stay because I felt he wouldn't get a fair crack of the whip, but I would choose him over Knill, every day.

At last, we find something we agree on ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:I'll put this to bed because I'm bored with reading it, if I'm honest.

Our loanees cost, as near as makes no difference, nothing. Nil. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

All this old sh*t about there being money for loanees has been annoying me for weeks now, but I've let it go because, well, I don't feel the need to state the obvious all too often and I figured someone would stumble upon the correct (and BLATANTLY obvious) answer eventually, but it seems that was too much to ask.

There are plenty of us on here who are trying to gently nudge the rest of you towards the correct answers, but it seems that you're all so blinded by rage (or Football Management 2013) that you simply can't see it. So, there it is in plain and simple English. Take it or leave it. Given the record this board has, I expect it to be thoroughly left. Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant about how sh*t Torquay United is after all...

Matt.
Nickfrench82 stated earlier in this thread that McCullum was replaced by Maquis because he costs a fraction of the cost. Who is right him or you?
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

My understanding is that the loan club pay players wages and expenses..........so there is an expense and that depends on whatever the host club wage is........
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Harding, Cameron and Hawley. All conference or even conference south std. All signed by Knill, if it is to be believed (and Im struggling with beleiveing it) that Hawley is on 50k a year, then you could assume that the other 2 are there abouts too. If thats the case thats 150k a year on Knills judgement, who are not good enough! For a small club like Torquay thats appalling judgement and (no not could) "has" put this club in serious financial jeopardy and threatened our footbal status.

I keep harping on about it I know, and I apologise, but the rolling contract for Knill, I still cant cant fathom out, why it would ever be given to anyone in fact.

Im begiining to question why I bother actually given the above, because if this is the sort of money being paid out to League 2 players etc, then Im not going to be sympathetic at all. Given that most of the bay earn the minimum wage, Im quite shocked actually.
TUST MEMBER
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

rooster wrote:My understanding is that the loan club pay players wages and expenses..........so there is an expense and that depends on whatever the host club wage is........
I seem to remember that our season long loan of Scott Rendell ( a player who cost £150K....I think ) was reported to have cost the club a signing fee of £25K. Are Bideford, Hereford etc. paying our players wages?
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

The paying of loan players etc is all very complicated and depends on varying situations, some players go out on loan for development and game time and generally the players club pay wages etc as its for the development of there own player. Others are loaned out to reduce the wage bill etc so that others can be loaned in at no expense with the parent club paying. Some loans include fees and agreements of transfer at end of loan period etc. What the situation is in relation to current loaned out and loaned in players will only be known within the club but I suspect it will be a case of the books being balanced if as we know money is an issue etc...........hope that helps in some way
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

After the weekends result, I presumed their would be no training on Monday with the FACup break. As the days have gone on I honestly expected an announcement that he was gone. I'm bemused as to the delay, while other clubs are busily announcing short lists etc. come on board, please answer the fans, just why is he still in post. Just how far adrift, how bad do we have to get before you act to try and save our club?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Do we really need this thread? Could you not have incorporated it into one of the other threads about our manager?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Good - another thread saying the same thing
Attachments
Double facepalm.png
Double facepalm.png (56.8 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Do we really need this thread? Could you not have incorporated it into one of the other threads about our manager?
Just asking a valid question. Sorry my standards aren't as good as yours.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Don't be ridiculous - it's nothing to do with "standards" and everything to do with the fact that we have a load of threads on the same subject already.

All you needed to do was add what you said to an existing thread!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Incredulous that there are as many as 13 people who appear to believe the club should stick with Alan Knill. A manager doing worse than the likes of Saunders, Compton, Cornforth ever did. Almost challenging Lubos Kubik and David Webb for dreadfulness.

Rock bottom. Two points - effectively three, behind 2nd from bottom and effectively five points adrift of safety. Already.

These salient, vital facts should not be forgotten when the apologists for Knill plead that their superior 'inside knowledge' or 'rational evaluation' of the 'situation' or the misnomer financial case. There is no justification for Alan Knill still being our manager. Simply by hoping fan discord will go away, the club will solve nothing. Our league status is everything. Once that goes, it will be gone for good this time.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Think they're all voting not to sack him just to spite you Hector !!!!! :rofl:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066