Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Anyone else think the clubs missed a trick here?

What I dread is a loss next Saturday and then knill gets sacked. This 2 week gap could have been used to find the right appointment!

If he went next week, we could be manager less for games vs Exeter Bristol and Plymouth .
Games we need the big attendances and excite people back to plainmoor!
Surely you realize there is probably a bigger picture of why Knill hasn't been sacked?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can't get away from the serious of this situation IMO.

We are now in a similar position, competitive wise and possibly financially wise as we were when "noberts" was here. Fantastic strides have been made in terms of ground development and youth structure by the current board but what really is the point if it all has to go if we aren't good enough to maintain our league status. I also don't believe it is a position the current board envisaged at the end of the game on the 17th May 09.

What has gone wrong to make me compare this position now to the position when that chancer was here ? Some on here have suggested it's not the end of the world should we drop, to me it's a tragedy of missed opportunities that started when we lost to Cheltenham in the play offs the season before last. I don't believe we were ready for league one football at that time to be honest or to be Devon's top club for the first time certainly in my long years of watching TUFC. Question is did the current incumbents want it? And do they really want us to maintain our league status? Have to say I'm not sure anymore. I accept that they may think it is in the best interests looking at the bigger picture for us to drop into the conference but a tragedy all the same and one I never thought the current board would want to oversee or be historically responsible for.

The vicious circle of me not wanting to invest my money in the club whilst nothing positive is done to rectify our poor position and play looks like it's set to continue over the Christmas period. That position is exactly the same as when Roberts was in charge, it hurts when you see the OS advertising things like the big four matches, the half season ticket and this morning the "pop pathway". I would have invested in all of those had they have made a positive move in dispensing with AK's services over the last few weeks, as it is the club are losing hand over fist and this situation will obviously snowball as the situation worsens.

Relationship tragedy from a club who's pledge was to engage more with the support.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Someone saw Alan walking around the ground it looks like he's lost the dressing room, hope he finds it by next week. :clown:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

arcadia wrote:Someone saw Alan walking around the ground it looks like he's lost the dressing room, hope he finds it by next week. :clown:

Someone? today? hmmm

Really should be thrown out for an imposter invading space allocated for football professionals.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Should the club sack Alan Knill
Currently 223 relies and 10,482 views (half that in attendance would be nice!)
Is that a record?

The nearest to that recently was the
Knill out thread
189 replies and 9342 views (kind of tells it's own story)

Closely followed by the
Ling sacked thread
213 replies 7249 views
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Should the club sack Alan Knill
Currently 223 relies and 10,482 views (half that in attendance would be nice!)
Is that a record?

The nearest to that recently was the
Knill out thread
189 replies and 9342 views (kind of tells it's own story)

Closely followed by the
Ling sacked thread
213 replies 7249 views
It certainly does! It tells us what a sad lot of supporters we are on the whole! :(
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I think it's more the case each time someone posts a comment we are hoping " confirmed"
Lucy
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

stefano wrote: It certainly does! It tells us what a sad lot of supporters we are on the whole! :(
Look on the bright side Stef. Only 87 were bothered enough to vote

Wonder how many views/posts are unique ones :rules:
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Nothing to be proud about is it. On the flip side ladies thread is catching up
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The results were stuck on 73 YES and 14 NO for quite a few days.

The win yesterday appears to have persuaded one person to change their mind, so now 72 YES 15 NO.

It might be that people have forgotten about the poll, so by bumping thread up, it may jolt people into altering their vote should they wish to.
CapeTownGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by CapeTownGull »

He has made some bad decisions but he can get in quality players, and after yesterdays performance he must be given longer. Maybe he can turn this around!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

:whistle:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Wish i went to the Con club with Trojan 67 today instead of going to the footie :O :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I told you Robbo, the problems are bigger than Baker and Phillips.

Get yer broomstick ready Mrs Lotto and be prepared to smash a few f*ckwits over the head with it before sweeping them clean out on to the sh*t pile.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I remember in the days of my extreme youth that the Manager was God and nobody ever criticised him, least of all the supporters, and calls for the manager to be sacked would have been unthinkable, even in the unsuccessful seasons. Mind you, that was the era of Eric Webber and Frank O'Farrell. Happy days..!!