Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Let's go and watch Weston Super Mare at home on New Years Day :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

knightmaregull wrote:Did anybody who still backs AK listen to his post match interview on Radio Devon? If so then you must be a relative or something - once again he comes out with utter rubbish about us being unlucky, having injuries, playing well, taking lots of positives etc etc and a number of times saying "that's football" to explain why we are continually putting in such poor performances and attacking the reporter for asking "stupid" questions (yes of course they are but all football interviewers ask generic stuff). He also used a weak substitutes bench as an excuse - what utter nonsense, he didn't have to call up the teenager and chose to leave the experience of Nico in the wilderness. It's not as if he ever uses subs until it's too late anyway.

His voice has no energy, no sign of war spirit and is either not revealing his true feelings or seriously deluded.

The 2 x wins were I fear false dawns in which we actually got a bit of luck that has been missing. I personally still hope the Board bite the bullet soon.
Yes - I listened to his incredulous interview, in the car, on the way back from that shambles I had just witnessed, and swore at my radio. The man is seriously deluded. He seems to think this 3-1 defeat at home, to Exeter, of all teams, somehow represented progress. The Pop Side singing 'You don't know what you're doing!' pretty much summed up how the crowd has turned against him.

It was obvious that he would bemoan the penalty miss and individual errors. But that is what happens when you are not good enough, not managed well enough, not organised. It wasn't even clear who was going to take the penalty. Hawley appeared to take the ball from a different player who was about to take it.

Exeter were much cleverer, much more organised, they didn't need to play well. Tisdale, said on the radio, perhaps not meaning to denigrate Knill, something like 'It was obvious what they were going to' in terms of bringing on a sub (Benyon)...but the manager, as usual, waits for us to concede before he acts pro actively. He just is not clever enough. Listen to him on the radio and he sounds like a local league manager, spouting cliches, just clueless. He has to go.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't let Knill drive you away. F*ck him. Dig deep mentally and financially and get down to Home Park or Plainmoor v Morecambe. The club and the players need us and I know it's tough, tiring, boring and unrewarding but give up attending and part of you stops being yellow.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I sat right behind Knills dugout today and really the bloke inspires no confidence at all - He spends all game prowling up and down the dugout sipping on water, then its ribena. Coat undone - suit underneath.
Really the bloke looks like a nervous wreck. Coupled with that our number 2 Harrop looks like a four foot eight weeble.
Really our management team look more like a comedy double act. I too listened to his astonishing after match interview.
I wouldn't criticise his tactics too much today as he was hampered by some ill luck with injuries to Marquis and Stockley.
Its his continuous refusal to play Pearce that rankles with me. Nearly every league 2 side has two big dominating centre halves. Exeters two strikers were completely awful yet the oppostion stil managed three goals today.
Don't be fooled that Exeter were any good or the result was anything to do with their garbed out buffoon of a manager.
They were absolutely fecking useless and won 3-1 because we handed them the game on a plate. Pure and simple.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

oh i wonder why this thread has reared its head again??

oh of course we have lost.

for the first time in 4 games.

what a f**kin suprise. moaners unite.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:oh i wonder why this thread has reared its head again??

oh of course we have lost.

for the first time in 4 games.

what a f**kin suprise. moaners unite.
What a stupid thing to say. It's not like we are top of the league and have lost our first game of the season or are doing well. We have won 2 out of god knows how many games and the last two matches have seen us revert to our usual form. At some point we would win a game under Knill and this pattern will continue, win the occasional one or two and then go three or four again without a win.

It is the ever dwindling band of deluded who are finding it harder and harder to clutch at straws in the vain effort to defend this clown currently managing our team.

'for the first time in 4 games' what a simply stupid thing to say, as if to suggest, losing for this team is a rare event. Go back to sticking your head in the sand.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote: What a stupid thing to say. It's not like we are top of the league and have lost our first game of the season or are doing well. We have won 2 out of god knows how many games and the last two matches have seen us revert to our usual form. At some point we would win a game under Knill and this pattern will continue, win the occasional one or two and then go three or four again without a win.

It is the ever dwindling band of deluded who are finding it harder and harder to clutch at straws in the vain effort to defend this clown currently managing our team.

'for the first time in 4 games' what a simply stupid thing to say, as if to suggest, losing for this team is a rare event. Go back to sticking your head in the sand.
is that not a fact then? let me think? beat sarfend and the daggers draw with brizzie and lose today - lets count those up?

oh yes its 4.

as for we "would" win a game, ask the northampton or hyde fans about that.

im sure they'd be delighted to.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

This thread is as long as it is, because we have a manager that 90% of supporters recognise as having no visible clue on how to get us out of this mess. We're in it because the players have been poor, the manager has been poor, and we don't have the money to replace him.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

I am not disputing the fact that we went THREE (wow three!) games unbeaten. Just challenging the notion that we were doing well. Using Northampton and Hyde as examples of 'how well' we are doing in comparison, is a little nonsensical from our lofty position of 23rd. It hardly builds a case.

We could say now, we haven't won since three games ago and it is unlikely we will get anything on Wednesday. 1 point, therefore over Christmas, is pretty disastrous. Two derby defeats in three days, if that is what transpires, should make Knill's position untenable - in fact it already should be - but this cannot surely be allowed to go on for much longer.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote:I am not disputing the fact that we went THREE (wow three!) games unbeaten. Just challenging the notion that we were doing well. Using Northampton and Hyde as examples of 'how well' we are doing in comparison, is a little nonsensical from our lofty position of 23rd. It hardly builds a case.

We could say now, we haven't won since three games ago and it is unlikely we will get anything on Wednesday. 1 point, therefore over Christmas, is pretty disastrous. Two derby defeats in three days, if that is what transpires, should make Knill's position untenable - in fact it already should be - but this cannot surely be allowed to go on for much longer.
23rd is better than 24th - and we have been there. and im sure you are wrong about northampton.

as for knill, he wont be sacked.

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23rd is better than 24th - and we have been there. and im sure you are wrong about northampton.

as for knill, he wont be sacked.
I realise 23rd is better than 24th but it isn't exactly much consolation and it is the second quite daft thing you have stated this evening. Finishing 23rd would still mean relegation. As for Knill, if he isn't sacked then 23rd may well be where we finish and you can take solace from the fact that there was ONE team worse than us, while the rest of us mourn the our league status and try to understand the utter folly of persisting with one of our worst ever managers.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote: I realise 23rd is better than 24th but it isn't exactly much consolation and it is the second quite daft thing you have stated this evening. Finishing 23rd would still mean relegation. As for Knill, if he isn't sacked then 23rd may well be where we finish and you can take solace from the fact that there was ONE team worse than us, while the rest of us mourn the our league status and try to understand the utter folly of persisting with one of our worst ever managers.
then its obvious that you havnt read what has been posted before.

TUST Member 468

Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

I would just like to ask ...

Who do we hire guys?

And don't say Martin Allen cus it ain't happening trust me -

Its not a case of heads in the sand !!!

We have improved over the last couple of weeks and we need to build - plenty of time yet!

Believe guys!!! Sometimes blind faith is all ya got!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Robiberto22 wrote:I would just like to ask ...

Who do we hire guys?

And don't say Martin Allen cus it ain't happening trust me -

Its not a case of heads in the sand !!!

We have improved over the last couple of weeks and we need to build - plenty of time yet!

Believe guys!!! Sometimes blind faith is all ya got!
So we stick with a manager who is plainly gone beyond appalling, simply because YOU can't think of who else we could get.

The answer to your question is 'anyone'. With that group of players I cannot see how anyone else could do any worse.

Your reference to blind faith is, ironically, illuminating. That is all people have. Hope. There is no other rational basis for thinking Alan Clueless can do anything useful, other than resign.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All you have is hope. Hope that he will resign.

Are you going to pay for his contract to be terminated? If you were in his shoes and moved your family down south would you then resign a few months later and risk the financial stability of your family?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com