Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

So our main striker gets injured, we lose 2 games.

Somehow the fans on here do not put 2+2 together.

Knill brings in the right players, but how can we expect to get results against teams when our main 2 strikers get injured, and we drop down to our 4th choice striker.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

exiledgull wrote:So our main striker gets injured, we lose 2 games.

Knill brings in the right players, but how can we expect to get results against teams when our main 2 strikers get injured, and we drop down to our 4th choice striker.
So a loanee is our main striker? poor management I call that.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I was clearly a little bit premature with the humble pie a couple of weeks ago.

Two derby defeats back to back - crap strike force. Totally reliant on loanees. Defenders suddenly forgotten how to defend.

Taxi for Juan.
Think deeper, why are we reliant on loans?

We only have 2 Strikers that are ours, as we cannot afford anyone else.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Brings in the right players? Hawley is not good enough, doesn't want to be here and couldn't give a s**t about what happens, whether he is in the team or not.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Should Turkeys fear Christmas?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Every club suffers injuries, suspensions etc.

The reason we don't get results is Knill. He is crap.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Jeff wrote:If its going to happen it has to happen before the weekend to give anyone coming in half a chance to do some dealings.

But of course, if we are to give Knill the boot that will likely blow the budget out of the water so we'll just have to hope that someone else can do better with the players we have.
A different manager couldn't do any worse.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Burnhamgull wrote:Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Should Turkeys fear Christmas?
That's a bit unfair, Turkey's have more tactical know-how and more charisma than Alan Knill
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

hector wrote: Every club suffers injuries, suspensions etc.

The reason we don't get results is Knill. He is crap.

:goodpost: Spot on
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just back from the game, sick to death of this, Alan Knill just go...end of.
Formerly known as forevertufc
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

nickfrench82 wrote: That's a bit unfair, Turkey's have more tactical know-how and more charisma than Alan Knill
So does a squirrel
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's got so bad, even the fox is saying "sack Knill"

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
bitemebryn
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by bitemebryn »

As the game ticked away at one nil today and after watching the last few games it was clear we weren't going to get anything out of it, so I watched AK to see what he would do to resolve things. Well disappointed doesn't even come close to my feelings on him. As the minutes drew on he got further into the shadow of the dug out, arms folded. No urgency, no encouragement, no leadership. At the final whistle not even a hand up of acknowledgment to us the supporters who have just witnessed two toothless derby defeats in the space of a few days. No handshakes or slaps on the backs to players who today actually looked like they cared, but just don't seem to know how to attack or defend anymore, but just happily knock it about on the half way line hoping the opposition will fall asleep. No post match interview with something to show there is light at the end of the tunnel, nothing. I can't support the manager when he doesn't show that he actually gives a stuff about the players or supporters. I'll hold my hand up and admit I was glad he got the job in the summer, but the more I think about it the I think we just got lucky bringing in Joss Ladibie for a few games which enabled us to steel ourselves for the final few games. At the end of today what would any manager worth his salt done. A. Been the last person down the tunnel after giving his players some moral support. B. Been the first off the pitch and out of the firing line? Unfortunately our leader chose B, which was pretty much the same story as Sunday.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whatever justification the Plainmoor Board felt they had for sacking Martin Ling last season must amount to ten times the justification needed for them to sack Alan Knill now. I was all for giving the manager a chance to turn things round, but the more time goes by the less likely it looks that he will do so, despite those wins against Southend and Dagenham which now look more and more like a lucky false dawn. If we fail to get anything from next Saturday's game, even if it feels like a win, the Board must cut their losses and take decisive action, because it's going to cost the club more to go down than it is to stay up. It's results that count, and surely it must be obvious now even to them that we're not going to get the results required to keep us up under the present regime. But the biggest worry is, does the Board have what it takes to choose the right person to replace Knill.??
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

of course he should go, I think we have been extremely patient with him for some time. bring back Ling for cripes sake! YES he was ill, so what ;P
He knew how to change things at half time that made a difference and he was likable, more importantly the players liked him and he inspired them when it was required, they played with a freedom and confidence.

I'm just getting tired of sighing and shaking my head!!!! I'm sick of saying "nooooooo" "shoot" "dohhhhh" "wtf" " what was that" "jeeze" "cmon" "what on earth was that" "don't they practice free kicks and corners" "please" "shocking" "absolutely pathetic" "couldn't score in a brothel" "I can't watch anymore" "I'm not coming next game" "I'm definitely not coming next game" "they're supposed to be professionals aren't they" "unbelievable". please give me something to cheer about! C'mon powers that be! change is due!!!!! we fans pay the wages, and I want to keep paying towards them!

I can't take anymore!!!!!!

It's lackluster, weak, whimsical, wishy washy, feeble.