Mrs Bristow.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Mrs Bristow.

Post by lucy6lucy »

Sack Knill and all will be resolved. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Last edited by lucy6lucy on 02 Jan 2014, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

This kind of statement really p****s me off. Do you honestly think that she is at fault? If it wasn't for the money she's invested already we wouldn't have a club to support. I suggest you grow a pair and think before you post such absolute rubbish.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

stop making new threads you complete idiot
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:stop making new threads you complete idiot
Bit rich mate :~D
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Southampton Gull wrote:This kind of statement really p****s me off. Do you honestly think that she is at fault? If it wasn't for the money she's invested already we wouldn't have a club to support. I suggest you grow a pair and think before you post such absolute rubbish.
:goodpost:

The womans done more for TUFC than you ever have OP, show some respect

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:stop making new threads you complete idiot
I'm jealous, you normally save that one for me! :) :na:

I see where Lucy is coming from but IMO the board do a really superb job in keeping the club going and in no way are they to blame for the Knill fiasco. They just went with what a lot of us were happy with - to let Knill carry on where he left off. Little did they OR us know that Knill was going to turn out to be so bereft of any managerial acumen and that things would come to this.

My only concern is that Thea and the board aren't fully aware of just how bad Alan Knill is and I'm don't they don't go to too many games either so they may also not be aware just how bad the football is for the most part. This may lull them into thinking that it's not panic stations just yet when it clearly is and has been for a number of months.

I might be doing them a dis-service here and I could and hope I'm wrong but that is my only worry as regards the board. That they don't fully appreciate the levels of anger and frustration amongst fans and that they are underestimating the severity of our current situation.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I'm jealous, you normally save that one for me! :) :na:

I see where Lucy is coming from but IMO the board do a really superb job in keeping the club going and in no way are they to blame for the Knill fiasco. They just went with what a lot of us were happy with - to let Knill carry on where he left off. Little did they OR us know that Knill was going to turn out to be so bereft of any managerial acumen and that things would come to this.

My only concern is that Thea and the board aren't fully aware of just how bad Alan Knill is and I'm don't they don't go to too many games either so they may also not be aware just how bad the football is for the most part. This may lull them into thinking that it's not panic stations just yet when it clearly is and has been for a number of months.

I might be doing them a dis-service here and I could and hope I'm wrong but that is my only worry as regards the board. That they don't fully appreciate the levels of anger and frustration amongst fans and that they are underestimating the severity of our current situation.
haha Andy love that :lol:

i agree with you theres a lack of a football expert within the board

however this thread seems to attack the one person who has kept the club alive, so lucy can f-off

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I'm jealous, you normally save that one for me! :) :na:

I wish someone with Colin Lee's experience was giving Thea advice as it seems the blind are leading the blind I'm sure the commercial manager could do a better job than Knill. Appoint within anything would be better than Knill at the moment it would clear the air around the club. I hear Mr Phillips is hiding in Australia. Knill could not organise a piss-up at a brewery. :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Andy, seriously.................. do you honestly think the Board are unaware of Knill's limitations?

I've supported Knill in so far as calling for his head after just 10 games was ridiculous. Add to that our financial state and it really was a stupid reaction to the situation we were in. We're now halfway through the season and despite signing some good players it is becoming clear that Knill has not delivered in terms of results or togetherness as a club. When you have senior pros approaching the Chair(wo)man to express their concerns you know that the situation is becoming extremely serious.

I've stood up for Knill because I've been made aware of some of the things that have hampered him and some of the things that were promised but not delivered. I felt that once all the players were back from injury and suspension we would improve and slowly drag ourselves towards a safe mid-table position. The last few games have brought about a real improvement in performance and results but not enough and definitely not enough to get us out of trouble. Now is the time to make a change, the cost is going to have to be met by someone and we all know who that is. Far from needing to grow a pair she needs good sound advice from people with knowledge of the game, not the clueless idiot walking around like he owns the club after investing absolutely nothing.

I'll throw an affordable name into the hat, someone who will definitely resurrect team spirit and with the right contacts to get us out of this mess. He might not please the more starry-eyed fans who think we should be appointing the likes of Martin Allen, or the dreamers who think Chris Hargreaves is the answer. Someone who has helped turn around a club in our own division and already has an affection and devotion to the Club...............................Shaun North. He has friends with the contacts to bring in affordable players and would have the support of the senior pros already with us. We aren't that short of having a really decent first team and with a little tweaking we could soon get out of this mess. It wouldn't cost much to get him to take over until the end of the season and offering him a bonus to keep us up would be a hell of a lot cheaper than relegation.
Dave

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:This kind of statement really p****s me off. Do you honestly think that she is at fault? If it wasn't for the money she's invested already we wouldn't have a club to support. I suggest you grow a pair and think before you post such absolute rubbish.
I agree with this - perhaps less emphatically - but I do not blame Thea.

I think it likely that she doesn't really know what she is doing - how could she be expected to? Until a few years ago, she was an ordinary wife and mother, who wouldn't have ever imagined she would end up being Chair of the local football club. She, and her family have done more than anyone, ever, for the benefit of TUFC.

But, would I trust her to be able to select the next manager? Probably not.

I don't get the board. I have always felt supportive of them, because as a bunch of fans, they revitalised the club, after the Bateson/Roberts debacle. I am still no clearer as to what is supposed to have happened with Colin Lee but I think it is fair to say that the club has missed his football know-how.

The club obviously underwent a fairly thorough recruitment process to appoint Martin Ling - I have forgotten most of the names that were linked at that time, other than John Hughes and Nicky Forster - but I am convinced that Knill got the job because he was in situ and I did voice on this forum that the club should undergo a thorough recruitment process, rather than hand it to Knill, simply because he was there.

This was shortly after Thea was made Chair - but whether it was her decision, I wouldn't like to guess. Is Thea the one who decides or does the board operate according to votes etc, or does Thea's votes 'outvote' the rest? She seems a gentle, kind lady. The interview she gave after Ling was sacked was painful viewing and perhaps she is just desperate not to have to do that again.

But whether it is Thea, or the consortium combined, the decision needs to be made - the axe needs to fall. Don't wait another week, hoping we win against Morecambe and then delay the whole process for another month, because even if it we beat Morecambe - which I have a feeling we probably will - it will just be papering over cracks. We'll go and lose the next three or something similar.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy, seriously.................. do you honestly think the Board are unaware of Knill's limitations?

I've supported Knill in so far as calling for his head after just 10 games was ridiculous. Add to that our financial state and it really was a stupid reaction to the situation we were in. We're now halfway through the season and despite signing some good players it is becoming clear that Knill has not delivered in terms of results or togetherness as a club. When you have senior pros approaching the Chair(wo)man to express their concerns you know that the situation is becoming extremely serious.

I've stood up for Knill because I've been made aware of some of the things that have hampered him and some of the things that were promised but not delivered. I felt that once all the players were back from injury and suspension we would improve and slowly drag ourselves towards a safe mid-table position. The last few games have brought about a real improvement in performance and results but not enough and definitely not enough to get us out of trouble. Now is the time to make a change, the cost is going to have to be met by someone and we all know who that is. Far from needing to grow a pair she needs good sound advice from people with knowledge of the game, not the clueless idiot walking around like he owns the club after investing absolutely nothing.

I'll throw an affordable name into the hat, someone who will definitely resurrect team spirit and with the right contacts to get us out of this mess. He might not please the more starry-eyed fans who think we should be appointing the likes of Martin Allen, or the dreamers who think Chris Hargreaves is the answer. Someone who has helped turn around a club in our own division and already has an affection and devotion to the Club...............................Shaun North. He has friends with the contacts to bring in affordable players and would have the support of the senior pros already with us. We aren't that short of having a really decent first team and with a little tweaking we could soon get out of this mess. It wouldn't cost much to get him to take over until the end of the season and offering him a bonus to keep us up would be a hell of a lot cheaper than relegation.
Interesting that you have come around to a point of view you stated was ridiculous, simply because others spotted it a lot earlier than you. Many could see the limitations of Knill from last season, so the ten games had his prior record with TQY plus his disastrous spells elsewhere to back up that point of view, which has transpired to live itself out again at Plainmoor.

However, much of the rest of your post, I would concur with. If, though, senior pros are approaching the board with their concerns (not sure how recent this is - and that may explain the Nico situation) then if a manager has lost the dressing room and the fanbase, there really cannot be any other alternative but to remove him from his position. Persisting with him is a dereliction of duty.

I would agree that Thea needs advice - they could do worse than seeking some support from up the A380 and those running Exeter City. In fact, I believe it was a conversation Simon Baker had with someone at Exeter that resulted in us recruiting Martin Ling - so may be not!!

Not sure I would go for Sean North but it isn't the worst call and preferable to what we have now. Sturrock would be my first choice.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Interesting that you are totally clueless about what I said was ridiculous when you've even quoted it.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Also, it was that lot up the road that handed Tisdale his ridiculous contract that they can't get out of even if they wanted to so why go up there for advice?
Dave

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

horrible thread!
The gulls are going up
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy, seriously.................. do you honestly think the Board are unaware of Knill's limitations?

if there was a prize for the most insulting thread and OP this would win it for the next 20yrs.

anyway, great post Dave and interesting what you say about the "issues" that AK has had.
as for Mr North should a replacement be required, what an interesting choice he would be.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468