Mrs Bristow.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Stupid thread but Shaun North as a replacement - no thanks.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Well, I would still prefer Neil Warnock ( if he would take it on ) to come out of retirement & manage us until the end of the season, & then act as a consultant & advise on the appointment of a permanent manager.
Sean North would be a very good shout IMO, I always thought that he played a large part in Buckle's success.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Stupid thread but Shaun North as a replacement - no thanks.

Affordable replacement !!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Whilst I don't agree with slating Mrs Bristow due to her and her late husband supporting the club in such a massive way, she is the one keeping Knill in a job, as other board members would happily relieve him of his duties and would've done so weeks, if not months ago.

Ultimately it is she who will make the final call on Knill's tenure, and for that, she has waited far too long and not acted in the best interests of the football club.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

nickfrench82 wrote:she has waited far too long and not acted in the best interests of the football club.
Nick, if that came from someone else I would probably come out all guns blazing but I know yours is not a kneejerk reaction. If she wasn't acting in the best interests of the football club we wouldn't have one, it's as simple as that. Seeing as she is the one who will have to fund replacing the manager then surely it's her call?

If fans realised the sheer scale of our debt then maybe she wouldn't be the one being called into question.
Dave

nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Southampton Gull wrote: Nick, if that came from someone else I would probably come out all guns blazing but I know yours is not a kneejerk reaction. If she wasn't acting in the best interests of the football club we wouldn't have one, it's as simple as that. Seeing as she is the one who will have to fund replacing the manager then surely it's her call?

If fans realised the sheer scale of our debt then maybe she wouldn't be the one being called into question.
I agree with the majority of what you're saying, and the only part of this I am taking a different angle on, is purely on the management of the first team. Under any other circumstance, he would've been out of a job a long time ago.

As for the rest, she is a saint and an absolute godsend. You're right, we wouldn't have a club without her.
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I'll throw an affordable name into the hat, someone who will definitely resurrect team spirit and with the right contacts to get us out of this mess. He might not please the more starry-eyed fans who think we should be appointing the likes of Martin Allen, or the dreamers who think Chris Hargreaves is the answer. Someone who has helped turn around a club in our own division and already has an affection and devotion to the Club...............................Shaun North.
You cannot be serious man! Dave - are you still affected by last nights festivities? Or is this some wind up ?? Shaun North :'(
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm deadly serious. We don't have the funds to bring in one of the names banded about by others. Shaun North knows the club inside out, knows most of the senior pros and would inject some passion back into the playing staff. He could hit the ground running and steer us towards safety. I'm talking about a deal to keep us up that is affordable, not one that is simply beyond our means.
Dave

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:
haha Andy love that :lol:

i agree with you theres a lack of a football expert within the board

however this thread seems to attack the one person who has kept the club alive, so lucy can f-off

Wow what a gent you are.
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

The idea could grow on me Dave.........i seem to remember he did a fair job at caretaking Rovers after PB went?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's one of those things that could suit both parties. He could come in at low cost, maybe with a bonus for keeping us up and for that he would boost his CV and if things went well enough who is to say that it couldn't be his breakthrough into management. Win win for me.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I wish you lot would learn how to sort your bloody quotes out, now I'll have to go back through and repair a few posts.
Dave

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:It's one of those things that could suit both parties. He could come in at low cost, maybe with a bonus for keeping us up and for that he would boost his CV and if things went well enough who is to say that it couldn't be his breakthrough into management. Win win for me.
Bad idea.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Totally agree with you Dave. There is no denying that during the Buckle era, Shaun North had a very significant part to play for our success. I have a few mates who were in the younger yanks of Torquay United and were taken to the training ground by the coaching staff to see Northy's training, it was far from unimpressive. Affordable, knows the game well, knows the club well, will benefit us and him.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

arcadia wrote: Bad idea.
It's an even better idea for me if you disagree with it.
Dave