Mrs Bristow.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

Anyone know whAT Northy is currently doing?
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7178,d.d2k

He was appointed at Wimbledon in July as U-21 Development Coach
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:This kind of statement really p****s me off. Do you honestly think that she is at fault? If it wasn't for the money she's invested already we wouldn't have a club to support. I suggest you grow a pair and think before you post such absolute rubbish.
Am I the first person to be critical of a football chairman/woman, I think not. I was merely saying she is the one with the power to sack knill. I did not attack her, but if she wants to lose her money keep knill. She had the bottle to sack ling so do it again.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Your choice of language in your OP was derogatory and you know full well it was an attack.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bit of a shock reading the OPs post! Thea is our God.
As for North, well I think SG has come up with a good plan there. A good combination of having the necessary experience without having too much that he has a CV full of failure like every other name mentioned.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bit of a miss-judgement here Lucy. With out the money invested by the Bristows, football league status, the new stand, no10's and so much more the club has today would never have happened, of course it doesn't make her and the board immune from criticism.

I made a post on the ATTENTION BOARD MEMEBERS thread that was not meant as a personal attack on any individual board member, more as a collective wake up call, I know they're fully aware of the position the club is right now, however I am questioning who's advice they're acting on, and who's making the decisions, I am NOT saying this is the case, however if there is a belief around those charged with running the club, that the club may be better served in the conference, then I'd be the first to say that belief would be very miss-guided. I, and I am sure many others went to Wembley in 2009 knowing that was very much more than a football match, it was a 90 minute winner takes all shoot out, the loser was going to take years to recover from it, and so it's been proved. The conference has a grown since we left it, could name many clubs, however Luton are a prime example, a club most likely already working of budgets that dwarf ours have struggled to get out of that league.

And that why I carry the message to any one involved with the club as a fan, or at the club who look back at our time in the conference before, and say it wasn't so bad, many things have changed since then, the conference it self, and more importantly the position of our club, and the belief of many fans, who went into the conference with confidence very high that the club would return quickly after events off the field changed, that confidence will NOT be there amongst many this time, myself included, also personal family finances are tighter now than they ever have been, fans are more likely to spend money on coming to see a football league team, then watching is slug it out being kicked all over the park against Braintree and other's.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

On to Dave's SG'S postings. I have also supported Knill because I'd heard a number of rumours that the goal posts were changed, can't say this is true, but I believe it may have started over the lad Cooper we had a trial in the summer, I believe AK wanted and thought he had the budget to sign him, and this proved not to be the case, again must repeat, that is a rumour and the reason I've never posted it before.

As for Shaun North, I have seen him coach at the academy, also seen him give coaching tutorials to our academy coaching staff, there is NO doubt Shaun North is a very good football coach and knows his stuff, it doesn't surprise me has the development squad role at Wimbledon. I know what Dave is saying, he is a good option as he does fit the budget, however I will question whether he would make a good manager , regardless of whether he fits the budget or not.

I'd like to see him here as a no2, perhaps backing up someone like Branston.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Although I think that the possibility of Sean North becoming manager is an interesting one, I feel that in the end it is unnecessary to continue with it: TUFC as a football club (as we know it) is finished. Relegation is a certainty and, once gone, we won't be back. Very soon such ideas (as North) will then be in the realms of fantasy. Still, we might reach the Third Round of the FA Trophy one day.
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

TUFC as a football club (as we know it) is finished.
More absolute tosh...
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

wivelgull wrote:Although I think that the possibility of Sean North becoming manager is an interesting one, I feel that in the end it is unnecessary to continue with it: TUFC as a football club (as we know it) is finished. Relegation is a certainty and, once gone, we won't be back. ]Very soon such ideas (as North) will then be in the realms of fantasy. Still, we might reach the Third Round of the FA Trophy one day.
Well if you are right, ( & it would be difficult to argue against you at this time,) then surely it would be best to send all of the loan players back,& recall our own players back from loan. We could then start building a team with our own pros & youth players to compete in the Skrill, or Skrill South depending on what the Board want for the club. I would expect that there is a clause in Knill's contract to cover relegation issues.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Only just seen this.

I am sickened by the OP. Honestly - how anyone thinks along these lines about the clubs biggest loyal support structure beggars belief.

Thea - if you have seen this please be fully aware that we are forever indebted to you and your late husbands support.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Darryl
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Darryl »

I have touched on the importance of the 'off field state' of the club in previous threads (I can't remember which ones!) and, as mentioned by others, without the Bristow's money it would have been game over a long time ago as there are others in the Plainmoor top end who have contributed very little in the way of monetary backing and even less in leadership and man management (with some notable exceptions I should add). The problems on the pitch are there for all to see and as I haven't watched United play a match for months I can't add anything to that subject. What I can do though is tell you what will soon, if it hasn't already started, happen behind the scenes at a club that is threatened with relegation out of the Football League. I worked at the club when it happened the first time and it begins a long way out from the actual relegation on the pitch. Personally, I had little choice but to stay at my post and take whatever came (in my case a new board who kept both myself and Kerry on even with some of the usual back stabbing from some quarters) but it very quickly becomes a scene of rats jumping off a sinking ship. People are understandably looking at their short term future and see employment elsewhere as the way to go and who can blame them. What this generates is an apathetic attitude as people who know they won't be around the following season are not going to bust a gut to go down with the ship. This can extend to the players as well as loanees see their return to their parent club on the horizon and those out of contract are many phone calls down the line to pitching up somewhere else come July's preseason training.

Back at the ranch there will be heated conversations on what the future could bring and what direction the club should be steered in. Give the board some credit in that they can see full well what might happen this season and just because publicly there is no obvious communication it is folly to think that many eventualities are not being weighed up. If relegation is avoided it may well happen too late in the season for many of the staff at the club to change their plans so either way next summer may well be one of huge change at Plainmoor and, beating the drum again, the only true constant are you guys, the supporters. There are one or two people at Plainmoor living the dream and are not fit for purpose and as long as they are allowed to do this then off the pitch little will improve regardless of who the manager is and how the team performs.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

i don't think any manager will do well here, unless investment is made on the field.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Brilliant post, Daryl. I'm pretty certain that we would post similar if not identical names in the two columns of the types of Director we currently have.

Now that they've made their decision we can be more hopeful that club can maintain some kind of stability at the end of the season rather than the scenario you put across.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Poor Thea didn't want to be involved with TUFC in the first place, she rather found herself involved after the terrible loss of Paul as she didn't want to see his/their investment lost forever.
Obviously she had to carry on where he left of for financial and contractual reasons - and she has done her best despite having a board consisting of local 'businessmen' who know virtually nothing about running a football club, they just like the ethos of being 'bored' members.
Colin Lee was brought in for his footballing knowledge but fell out of favour for reasons not to be discussed on here, leaving the board once again to fend for themselves without any footballing knowledge to support them.

They need to put in place a 'senior' manager who has the knowledge at this level, but who is also able to support and advise the board without ripping them off.

The board could also do with being trimmed down now by removing some of the deadwood and hangers-on.