Should the club sack Alan Knill?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Should Torquay United sack Alan Knill?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 105

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

bitemebryn wrote:As the game ticked away at one nil today and after watching the last few games it was clear we weren't going to get anything out of it, so I watched AK to see what he would do to resolve things. Well disappointed doesn't even come close to my feelings on him. As the minutes drew on he got further into the shadow of the dug out, arms folded. No urgency, no encouragement, no leadership. At the final whistle not even a hand up of acknowledgment to us the supporters who have just witnessed two toothless derby defeats in the space of a few days. No handshakes or slaps on the backs to players who today actually looked like they cared, but just don't seem to know how to attack or defend anymore, but just happily knock it about on the half way line hoping the opposition will fall asleep. No post match interview with something to show there is light at the end of the tunnel, nothing. I can't support the manager when he doesn't show that he actually gives a stuff about the players or supporters. I'll hold my hand up and admit I was glad he got the job in the summer, but the more I think about it the I think we just got lucky bringing in Joss Ladibie for a few games which enabled us to steel ourselves for the final few games. At the end of today what would any manager worth his salt done. A. Been the last person down the tunnel after giving his players some moral support. B. Been the first off the pitch and out of the firing line? Unfortunately our leader chose B, which was pretty much the same story as Sunday.
This is a regular thing not just today. Fans have been all over, Fleetwood, Wycombe, Scunny, Accy and if we don't he win then he invariably just p*sses off down the tunnel. Say one thing about his lack of managerial ability but to me he is not even a man and I don't mean that in a childish derogatory way, I mean it in a pitying kind of way. I feel sorry for him if he thinks such actions are morally acceptable which he clearly does. What kind of other things in his life does he take for granted then? His bloody job for one! Oh and I thought he'd changed after the rodent enlightenment ordeal? Don't make me laugh, just another leech.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This is so obvious Allan had a vote!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

arcadia wrote:This is so obvious Allan had a vote!
If there is no choice but to keep him bring Ling back a far better manager.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I just don't understand Knill at all - he talks absolute garbage. Its our goals against column thats the problem. Thats fair enough - so why does he play the same back four every week and not play Pearce?
He has two systems - either play 4-4-2 and we get overun in midfield and end up losing - or play the Ling way 4-5-1, that got us a couple of wins but even playing that way we are back to conceding goals.
We clearly are not going to score many playing Hawley as a lone striker (who is absolutely crap although the manager says he is excellent).
We have a loan striker in Stockley who plays on the left wing when he comes on - a position to which he is clearly completely unsuited.
He has to drop Tonge who has been piss poor all season - he has a ready made replacement in O'connor who is clearly a better player and in Pearce has a player who would strengthen the back four if he played him.
With the conditions today the obvious replacement would have been Craig - surely someone who could deliver the ball into the goal mouth on a wet pitch and a howling wind would have been a major weapon.
But no subs until the game is lost - same old story.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I know a lot of us on here are quite reactive and go a bit mad after a defeat and all the Knill out stuff has been building up now for a number of months. Then I saw this posted on the 'other side' (other forum):

'As I've said before, I do have some sympathy for Knill. I'm sure he is trying his best and certainly didn't come here to fail, also he hasn't had the best luck with injuries at key times. However it is probably time to accept that Knill and TUFC are seemingly not a good fit'

:rofl:

If I could be as calm as this bloke then no longer will I have anything to worry about. I believe he has achieved inner peace and the evidence is clearly in that statement. :bow: Hats off.

Apart from the injury point which is complete rubbish (Harding excepted) then he is completely correct just he exercises more decorum in getting his point across than the ranters on here. :)

Me included obviously :~D

Love it. Not having a dig at the bloke, it's nirvana I reckon. (No not Kurt Cobain :no: :slap: ).

I love ranting but I also am very interested in the other side of things, the peace and patience. Presumably the poster is as annoyed about the whole thing at Torquay at the moment as we all are so how can he manage to remain so 'understanding' and 'unaffected' by everything that is going on?

I'm off to get my self help books out again to 'bone up'. o:)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He has had a bit of bad luck with injuries - but basically if we had Marquis up front in the last two games it wouldn't have made a jot of difference. He would have been totally marooned and we would still have lost both games.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

:whistle:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

After the Southend win, a mate of mine who is much more savvy about football matters than me said "That was a bad result" I said "What ?? What are you on about?" He replied "Because it will give Knill more time and it's just postponing the inevitable". I argued that maybe that win was a turning point (enforced by the win at Dagenham a week later). But one point from three games (two of them at home) over Christmas - I now know that my mate is right.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Locking the poll as they did sack him today, so to prevent rogue votes.

Discussion on sacking: http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6706
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest