Mrs Bristow.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

So a team with no money who have multiple board members to combat this problem, and your suggestion is trim down the board members.

Are you being serious?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

wivelgull wrote:Although I think that the possibility of Sean North becoming manager is an interesting one, I feel that in the end it is unnecessary to continue with it: TUFC as a football club (as we know it) is finished. Relegation is a certainty and, once gone, we won't be back. Very soon such ideas (as North) will then be in the realms of fantasy. Still, we might reach the Third Round of the FA Trophy one day.
I can only put this dribbling nonsense down to that fact that this is the festive season and I can only assume that you were extremely tired and emotional when you wrote it.

I wish this thread would wither away and die. The facts are that the Bristows kept the club that we love afloat. It is also a fact that it is not easy to sack somebody, I have done it a few times in my life and only one of these caused me no distress (I sacked a paedophile and felt no guilt at all). Thea must have gone to hell and back in recent months, and I applaud her bravery in sacking Alan Knill. Thank you Thea, your actions give the Gulls a battling chance of staying up.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

(8) One Thea Bristow, there's only one Thea Bristow (8) :whistle:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Thank you Thea
Lucy
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

exiledgull wrote:So a team with no money who have multiple board members to combat this problem, and your suggestion is trim down the board members.

Are you being serious?

Seems like others agree with me!

http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6710

Multiple board members are fine - as long as they put something into the club, be it finance or knowledge!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:(8) One Thea Bristow, there's only one Thea Bristow (8) :whistle:
She's given us her support she deserves ours whatever the outcome of this season, end of.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If It wasn't for Thea Bristow We would have no club. end of.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:stop making new threads you complete idiot
Just predicting the future. Very aggressive language may I add, but you are 21.
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Darryl wrote: People are understandably looking at their short term future and see employment elsewhere as the way to go and who can blame them. What this generates is an apathetic attitude as people who know they won't be around the following season are not going to bust a gut to go down with the ship.

The highlighted bit is what concerns me the most. Too many on the pitch have only gone through the motions this season. Where will those who won't be here next season be ? Step 7 ? Lower ? District League ? I'll tell you this, I've seen better effort at District League level.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:(8) One Thea Bristow, there's only one Thea Bristow (8) :whistle:
What an excellent way to show our support of Thea and all she has done for TUFC. :bow:

Let's all sing this on Saturday.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote:
The highlighted bit is what concerns me the most. Too many on the pitch have only gone through the motions this season. Where will those who won't be here next season be ? Step 7 ? Lower ? District League ? I'll tell you this, I've seen better effort at District League level.
thats the problem Troj. they are merely players. they come and go.

us fans are there for life.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree totally with your last sentence though technically she has saved the club since the original board did what you rightly point out. The club has a significant debt which I'm told she is covering so please don't underestimate the extent of her commitment to the club. Make no mistake, if she was to pull out we would be in serious jeopardy so she really is a saviour as I'm not so sure we would be able to find anyone who could step into her shoes.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm not denying their part in saving us after Roberts and I'm as grateful as everyone else is for what they did, I'm just adding that in the time since they took over the club we've got ourselves into debt which if it wasn't for her backing would have had us in as much trouble as we were in when they originally saved us. We're both acknowledging the huge debt of gratitude we owe the original Board I'm just taking issue with what appears to be your "attitude" to her subsequent financial commitment. Apologies if I'm not reading you correctly.
Dave

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:I agree totally with your last sentence though technically she has saved the club since the original board did what you rightly point out. The club has a significant debt which I'm told she is covering so please don't underestimate the extent of her commitment to the club. Make no mistake, if she was to pull out we would be in serious jeopardy so she really is a saviour as I'm not so sure we would be able to find anyone who could step into her shoes.
:goodpost:

Totally agree - whilst the whole consortium deserved enormous credit for staking their personal finances in TUFC, the scale of the Bristows' contribution, probably dwarfs what the others were in a position to offer.

It was always suggested that the Bristows bankrolled the fairly lavish budget that Buckle had in the Conference, when he was almost able to build a Conference All Stars team.

This is combined with the fact that Bristows weren't/aren't business people. They were fortunate, of course, to win an enormous amount of money but the sort of people they are has been illustrated by the community minded way they have spent some of their money. I don't think there is anything supporters can level at Thea. She is maybe inexperienced but that is hardly her fault.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We agree again and you're right about who bankrolled our promotion.

After what I've just been told this morning I'm feeling as sick as it's possible to be about the goings on at the club. Anyone having a go at Thea is bang out of order. I'm out of this crap, want nothing to do with it.
Dave