Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Wheres Trollope nowadays?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Sean Joyce and Tom Kelly
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I said Martin Allen a few times, however I now realise even though he probably would keep us up, for one he would indeed cost to much, and the club can't afford another expensive mistake, this is another reason why I would rule out any sort of high profile manager, there going to cost money, and I am not sure that's the road the club will go down.

Hargreaves mot for me, yes he will bring passion, but I would worry about the old pals act with him. For me and he does live local, would bring passion, does have friendship with some of our players, but would never let that cloud his judgement, licensed football coach..Guy Branston, working with a short term consultant.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Tony Vance.

Back to back promotions for Guernsey FC.

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I hope there will be a strong list of candidates with a rigorous interviewing panel to ensure the right person is appointed. This is a difficult time as we need someone who can rescue our season, certainly as a minimum to finish 22nd or higher, but maybe not the same manager to take us forward into next season. It is also a crucial time in order to take advantage of the transfer window.
With 22 games to go and with teams in the bottom half of the table still well within catching distance we need someone who has the experience to get the best out of what I still maintain is a decent League 2 squad.
In the short term Geoff Harrop is a good bet; I liked the way he was on the pitch with the players before the second half started yesterday and spoke or shook hands with them all at the end. Seems a good choice and with a few wins he could put himself in the frame should he want it.
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Get Hargreaves in, and get Robbie Herrera on the coaching staff.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I think we need a mixture of an experienced manager with a youthful up and coming manager such as Warnock with Hargreaves as number 2.

Warnock on a deal to the end of the season (including a bonus to keep us up) whilst Hargreaves learns from him and takes over next season. Warnock could then move into a consultants role in the club and help out Hargreaves if needed.

These two would provide the passion, desire and commitment that we desperately need right now.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Oli Beef Hooked - you've got it spot on! That would be perfect!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

bring Frank O'farrell out of his care home,one of Torquay all time great manager :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'd be more keen on a Sturrock/Hargreaves partnership, but any combination of experienced/inexperienced men is most likely fantasy stuff due to budgetary constraints.

The more I think about it the more I'm warming to Hargreaves. The bookies list of managers in the frame is pretty ridiculous and just a list of currently out-of-work people!
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

One off that long list that may fit is Hodgy. Got Truro further than expected on a shoestring and only departed due to administration?
Long shot probably as it's his only job so far
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HeavenAndHele wrote: If we're looking at the prediction league I might put myself forward =D
bo**ocks to Pougher!!!

he only finished 2nd!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

kbgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by kbgull »

Paul Sturrock for me, Argyle were in the same position in the league and financially when he took over in his first spell!
Sounds a good shout especially with Chris Hargreaves as a number 2