Knill gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trojan 67 wrote:Should have gone immediately after the home defeat to Rochdale in the Cup. The set up, tactics, performance, stats - all atrocious.Then f*ck me it was worse 7 days later at home to Chesterfield. When he didn't get the sack after that I stopped going.

I just hope the Board that dithered do not regret that they should have sacked Knill at that earlier time.

I am glad to announce I will be back at my usual spot on the Pop for the Morecambe game, much to the annoyance of Matt, Diamond Girl, Robbotufc and Lexus Guy, probably the toilet as well.

:engflag:
Edited to help an forgetful old man, with a weak bladder. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Just how close was he to getting the sack after Scunthorpe?
Lucy
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote: Edited to help an forgetful old man, with a weak bladder. :)

:lol:

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Interesting that not one of the players has come out on twitter to say anything about the sacking. Usually you get a few 'sorry we let him down but now need to all pull together and give 100%' type goodbyes. Nico is the only one and his is a very guarded (although with obvious undertones!) posting.

I suspect that a few are now (rightly) very fearful for their futures but the majority will be delighted at the chance of a fresh start. I hope whoever comes in recalls a few of those sent out to exile and gives them a chance to stake their claim for reintroduction to the first team squad.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Well I expected it at some stage, maybe a few weeks ago to be honest. AK hasn't looked happy for ages and the results and style of the side is simply atrocious. Apart from the second half at Northampton it's been a real rubbish season so far. There are some talented players in that squad so I really hope the new boss can get the best out of them otherwise we are in the deep sh1t that is the Conference. Anyway thanks Alan and I hope things work out for you in the future.
Oblivion!!!!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have been to 8 of the 12 Home League games this season.

In modern football a good Manager has to be many things but above all he has to command the respect of all the team.

On numerous occasions I observed Lee Mansell attempting to get clear instructions from Alan Knill. I have to say Knill was a very poor communicator during games. His substitutions were frequently hard to fathom.

The Board should be commended for making the right decision. League 2 may not be full of class players but it is full of very committed and competitive players. There are no easy games.

The Board will have no shortage of Managerial candidates I just hope they make the right decision.

Please everyone get down to Plainmoor on Saturday and back the team 100%
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

Sad to see Knill sacked but warned you let wrong person go and look how Bury results have picked up! Spoke to Nardiello at Bury and he says Brassy has given dressing room a lift and he knows player at Torquay and says been flat since he left! Hope you get appointment right and climb and don't come back and pinch Brassy as Manager!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Trojan 67 wrote:Should have gone immediately after the home defeat to Rochdale in the Cup. The set up, tactics, performance, stats - all atrocious.Then f*ck me it was worse 7 days later at home to Chesterfield. When he didn't get the sack after that I stopped going.

I just hope the Board that dithered do not regret that they should have sacked Knill at that earlier time.

I am glad to announce I will be back at my usual spot on the Pop for the Morecambe game, much to the annoyance of Matt, Diamond Girl, Robbotufc and Lexus Guy, probably.

:engflag:
we all have enjoyed the last few home games without Trojan 67,even john Bartlett have been behaving himself :rofl:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Paul John wrote:Sad to see Knill sacked but warned you let wrong person go and look how Bury results have picked up! Spoke to Nardiello at Bury and he says Brassy has given dressing room a lift and he knows player at Torquay and says been flat since he left! Hope you get appointment right and climb and don't come back and pinch Brassy as Manager!
theres a suprise!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

robbotufc wrote:
we all have enjoyed the last few home games without Trojan 67,even john Bartlett have been behaving himself

:@

No sweets for you on Saturday. :no:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
harbertongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: guy branston

Post by harbertongull »

Bugger my 2014 gulls calendar is out of date already and it's only Jan 2nd!!!!!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

harbertongull wrote:Bugger my 2014 gulls calendar is out of date already and it's only Jan 2nd!!!!!!
have you still got the receipt? :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Not sure we should read too much into it, but that said, the fact that as far as I can see (happy to be proved wrong) not a single player has come out and expressed any sadness/disappointment/guilt or whatever else reaction you might expect at the news of Alan Knill's sacking whether that be on Twitter, Facebook or indeed any other form of "media". It would seem, to me at least, to suggest that Knill wasn't a popular figure in the dressing room. That said, there is a school of thought that perhaps the Manager doesn't need to be "popular" with his staff anyway ...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

CP Gull wrote:Not sure we should read too much into it, but that said, the fact that as far as I can see (happy to be proved wrong) not a single player has come out and expressed any sadness/disappointment/guilt or whatever else reaction you might expect at the news of Alan Knill's sacking whether that be on Twitter, Facebook or indeed any other form of "media". It would seem, to me at least, to suggest that Knill wasn't a popular figure in the dressing room. That said, there is a school of thought that perhaps the Manager doesn't need to be "popular" with his staff anyway ..
But he does need to be respected..
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

By the way, "Welcome back TROJAN". You haven't missed much, only the hilirious sight of Bartlett wearing an (I assume) Elvis wig. :rofl:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."