Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Silvergull wrote:I'm still confused how this is the case.
My, albeit limited knowledge, suggest that loans have to be completed X working hours before kick off (i forget how many). It's nothing to do with times of day.
In MOST cases, a game is played on Friday. Saturday isn't a working day. Therefore, a noon deadline makes sense as it gives 5 hours to process the paper work.

In this case, the FA had the entire of Tuesday ( a working day) to process the paper work.

Are we 100% certain we cocked up? Surely Tuesday being a working day, and Saturday not, has something to do with this?
If you go back to the last window there were a number of deals that were not ratified the following day due to the sheer number of transfers that went through in the last couple of hours of the window. Whatever the reason clearly someone at the club has in your words 'cocked up'
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

when are the club going to come out and say something? .. we all know it has happened, they need to confirm it on the OS soon.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Well, Papa said something about the secretary being on holiday until a couple of days ago. Maybe there was a backlog of things to be done and this got missed. And that Buckle is still with us but is not a happy bunny and thinking things over.
So in other words I have nothing new to add. As you were.
I only hope that the F.A.are reasonably lenient with us.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

HRG wrote:Well, Papa said something about the secretary being on holiday until a couple of days ago. Maybe there was a backlog of things to be done and this got missed. And that Buckle is still with us but is not a happy bunny and thinking things over.
Your Papa - who he?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Accrington received a fine only last year for two players in three games in which they gaines 7 points.

£12000 - £6k of which suspended.

Fingers crossed we'll get leniency as well.
TUST #324
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Richinns wrote: Your Papa - who he?
No one, just knows someone for the club.
Last edited by HRG on 02 Feb 2011, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

HRG wrote:Well, Papa said something about the secretary being on holiday until a couple of days ago. Maybe there was a backlog of things to be done and this got missed. And that Buckle is still with us but is not a happy bunny and thinking things over.
Well that was a really good idea - giving the Secretary the weekend off! Not only missing one of (if not the ) biggest games of the year but also not being around for most of the Transfer Deadline Day? Who the heck sanctioned that??????? :O
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

That was exactly what my dad said, but what's done is done, it was an oversight a costly one but not done on purpose. They were back for deadline day.
I kind of feel bad for them, they realise their mistake and taken responsibility for it. Now we just have to wait and see.
Again I hope Buckle stays but I imagine he feels very let down.
Last edited by HRG on 02 Feb 2011, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

HRG wrote:That was exactly what my dad said, but what's done is done, it was an oversight a costly one but not done on purpose. I'd imagine they were back for deadline day.
... but not in time to register players before the noon deadline, it appears! :!:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's like a rudderless ship..............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

CP Gull wrote: Well that was a really good idea - giving the Secretary the weekend off! Not only missing one of (if not the ) biggest games of the year but also not being around for most of the Transfer Deadline Day? Who the heck sanctioned that??????? :O
I work in retail and there is NO WAY I would be allowed to take holiday leading up to Christmas because of the 'needs of the business'. Transfer deadline day is a football clubs Christmas Eve so someone somewhere needs to be held to account for allowing this 'holiday'.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Jesus wept. Beyond a joke.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

There could have been a very good reason for this break, and I would think that someone capable of providing cover would be there.
It would have been idiotic to not have anyone working on the admin side. But then even recently Buckle was saying nothing was going to happen in the window, so perhaps it was granted with that in mind, and the comings and goings were a bit of a suprise?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

HRG wrote:There could have been a very good reason for this break, and I would think that someone capable of providing cover would be there.
It would have been idiotic to not have anyone working on the admin side. But then even recently Buckle was saying nothing was going to happen in the window, so perhaps it was granted with that in mind, and the comings and goings were a bit of a suprise?
Not acceptable

They knew there was going to be a big chance of movement with scouts at our games for months now.

It just gets worse!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't like people getting into trouble so try to offer alternative views.
Of course I'm now wishing I hadn't mentioned it and am glad that I never have anything new to add. I couldn't cope with being an 'in the know' type person, I'd probably explode. Just thought it might help make sense of why it went wrong.
I shall stick to my poor attempts at humour and obvious sporting stupidity :Oops: