Harrop for manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Harrop did very well to help reduce the negativity and despondency that Alan Knill's management style obviously engendered. There was a much better atmosphere, the players seemed to have a different attitude and Harrop was very positive on the radio. I wouldn't want him to be the manager but it is great having people like him at the club who are passionate about the club.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
Stop going on about Bodin it is pathetic. He did not cost us the game, he just missed his shot when he had the chance. He played very well today, was always a threat.
We were winning when Bodin went off, him comimg off did cost us as the ball kept going back! Mozika could not get int the game! :'(
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

arcadia wrote: We were winning when Bodin went off, him comimg off did cost us as the ball kept going back! Mozika could not get int the game! :'(
That's not TufcHills' point.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Well done Geoff. He was a breath of fresh air today and I would be happy for him to continue in the role of Manager.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Goeff Harrop and Robbie Herrera, not forgetting Lee Mansell have done a first class job today in preparing the team. But Goeff's expertise is more in youth development football and long term I don't know, however that's where I am sure he wants to stay.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Sounded good over Gulls Player. Sounded a lot more free playing. Anyone see Nicos tweet, Lazarus...?
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

harrop cost us the game today not billy, when he took billy off he should have put another attacking player on ,not a defensive midfielder to sit back and invite pressure.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

yellowman wrote:harrop cost us the game today not billy, when he took billy off he should have put another attacking player on ,not a defensive midfielder to sit back and invite pressure.
1st game as a league manager and he gets a point plus one of the best performances of the season and we're discussing semantics? :no:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

and got 1 point against an awful side, if knill had got 1 point at home, i dont think he would have got a pat on the back.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's his first game. He's the youth team coach. He's not Sir Alex Ferguson.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

yellowman wrote:and got 1 point against an awful side, if knill had got 1 point at home, i dont think he would have got a pat on the back.
Quite. Let's face it, Geoff Harrop had an awful lot of goodwill on his side today. In reality, if the game had panned out in exactly the same way, under Alan Knill, I have absolutely no doubt that the ground would have been resounding with a fair amount of boos at full time! That's football!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To consider Harrop as our new manager would be insane IMO considering the position we're in so don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of him getting the job but I just think it's extremely harsh to have a go at him for the reasons I have expressed a few posts before.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair, the game may not have panned out the same way, as the team wouldn't have been set up the same way, who knows. Like making a substitution, it's no more than putting your hand in a lucky dip , you do it to effect change on the game, sometimes you pull out 3 pts, sometimes you pull out the England cricket team.

Harrop could have put on an attacking player for Bodin and won or lost, he decided contain , and we've draw thanks to a wonder strike, no ones fault, that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I think if he had a history of say, 20 games continually making either bizarre substitutions or no substitutions at all then perhaps have a go but it's his first game come on, have a bit of sympathy for the bloke not have a go. The bloke responsible for all this is away with the fairies with a few extra quid to his name. My vitriol. Great band. Always your way was perhaps their best song.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Couldn't believe reading criticism of Harrop on here. He pretty much played the team many were clamouring for, came out with passion and pride and we got done by a great goal.

I echo comments from above, he wouldn't be my choice for the full time job. I would, however, keep him involved on matchdays, as he is a very well respected and very good coach and clearly instilled pride and passion back into playing for Torquay.