Chris Hargreaves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Scott Brehaut wrote:He either wants to come here or he doesn't....being offered another job should make no difference.
Quite right, although Cardoza is probably unhappy at the prospect of him joining Torquay instead of the Cobblers. I just hope we don't get messed about, as the club needs certainty now.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Beat me to it SNW
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

If he failed to keep us in the League he would still have a job. If he failed to keep Northampton in the League then Cardoza would sack him quicker than you can say cobblers. This might also be a consideration.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Scott Brehaut wrote:He either wants to come here or he doesn't....being offered another job should make no difference.
He's a football professional wanting his first chance at management. We can't blame him for wanting the job which gives him the best support, chance of success and financial reward. And don't forget that he spent longer at NTFC than he did with us.

Having said all that, I would hope that Torquay being closer to home will be persuasive.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

It's not always about chasing the money though. It's also about his work life balance. Getting an extra couple of quid (or thereabouts), doesn't always make someone, or their family happy. If you had a choice of living in Northampton or Torquay, I know where I'd rather be, (sorry Cobblers fans). This and the fact that Chris already has ties to the area, makes Torquay sound the better option.

Despite the fact that he would get more money and a bigger playing budget at Northampton, I strongly believe that if he came here instead with the limited resources and money we have, his stock would rise considerably if he kept us up compared to achieving the same at Northampton.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Robbie Herrera for assistant manager!
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

depends which side of the fence you are on i suppose.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: depends which side of the fence you are on i suppose.............
Hell I read that on another Torquay fans site in a post at 1040pm yesterday, so it's hardly breaking news. ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The longer this goes the more likely a spanner has been thrown in the works......

You would have thought that if an Assistant had also been agreed this would be a done deal before hand?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

It will be confirmed in the next few minutes
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:It's not always about chasing the money though. It's also about his work life balance. Getting an extra couple of quid (or thereabouts), doesn't always make someone, or their family happy. If you had a choice of living in Northampton or Torquay, I know where I'd rather be, (sorry Cobblers fans).

When Christian Hargreaves played for us he was living in an Exeter suburb. Not everything about Exeter ( :@ ) is bad. I'd rather live in Topsham :nod: than Swilly. :no: :Z
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

As r dog is called hargreaves the poor sod is darting for the door everytime i scream hargreaves out! Good appointment lets get behind them now :)
Devon Cobbler
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Devon Cobbler »

where's your caravan, they chanted, where's your caravan?
All the best to you, Sir Chris, from a true Northampton fan

I know it's Sixfiekds' loss, I know it's Plainmoor's gain
I hoped you'd be our boss, a Cobbler once again
When you played, lose, draw or win
One thing's for sure - you got stuck in
You always gave 100 per cent
Every pass, every tackle, you knew what it meant
To the fans who took you to their hearts
You'll always be welcome around these parts
So, all the best of luck, Sir Chris
Let's hope both our teams avoid the abyss
Where's your caravan, we chanted, where's your caravan?
All the best to you (after the 18th, of course)
From a true Northampton fan
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thanks DC. Your efforts are appreciated and enjoyable to read and I'm sure Chris will be happy knowing he is still well thought of up in Northants. I went to see your away game at Chesterfield when you drew 0-0 and sat with your fans and on the night you were amazing, just didn't have that goal scorer that could have nicked you a win. I said from then on if you can progress from that type of performance you will stay up. I love going to Northampton (apart from the ticket price) and would hope to do so next season in the football league.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.