Transfer Window

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Other useful signing would be Sam Wood (Wycombe) plays left back/left midfield.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

AlexGulls wrote:To be fair I don't think Rendell would be too bad a signing. When we had him on trial he was severely lacking match fitness and to score 7 times for Woking in an average BSP team creating minimal chances is a decent return showing he still could do a job at this level.
How is scoring only 7 goals, in a division below, showing that someone could do a decent job at this level. Last year Hawley scored 11 goals In a Division above but look at how he worked out.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rendell is past his sell by date - thats why he is bumming around the likes of Woking. It would be a disaster of a signing - there is no point in Hargreaves trying to recreate the conference team - we might as well try D'sane and Banim.
As I said on another thread - Rendell is far from the answer to a team needing to win points. If Stockley is coming back then I would be really suprised to see Rendell returning.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Have to agree with Brucie; Rendell is not exactly an exciting prospect.

Showunmi could be useful - looks similar in shape and style to that John Akinde with whom we were once linked.

Trying to call to mind any effective target-men we've had over the last ten years. Fortune-West, John Gayle and 'The Fridge' Christie were all fit for the glue factory by the time they reached us. Gritts wasn't one... perhaps Akinfatwa and Sills are the only ones of note?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The best target man we've had for years has been Downes, says it all really.

Obviously Thea has funded what is looking like a serious attempt to avoid relegation, I sincerely hope she doesn't have cause to regret it, her family have done more than enough to help our club.

Thanks for everything Thea, I hope eventually you are paid back in full.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

hector wrote: How is scoring only 7 goals, in a division below, showing that someone could do a decent job at this level. Last year Hawley scored 11 goals In a Division above but look at how he worked out.
But look at the team he is with. No disrespect to Woking but I doubt they create loads of chances in there games for him to score from. If he was at one of the better clubs down there he would probably score a few more. You don't lose the ability to score goals at the end of the day.
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

:goodpost: Abosutely spot on!
Southampton Gull wrote:The best target man we've had for years has been Downes, says it all really.

Obviously Thea has funded what is looking like a serious attempt to avoid relegation, I sincerely hope she doesn't have cause to regret it, her family have done more than enough to help our club.

Thanks for everything Thea, I hope eventually you are paid back in full.
beano
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ricey

Post by beano »

AlexGulls wrote: But look at the team he is with. No disrespect to Woking but I doubt they create loads of chances in there games for him to score from. If he was at one of the better clubs down there he would probably score a few more. You don't lose the ability to score goals at the end of the day.
But look at the teams they are playing against!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If Rendell has a decent level of fitness, he's plenty good enough to do a job for us. I'd be pretty satisfied to see him sign. Benyon and Rendell are a decent combination, with a good mix of attributes.

Interesting that with Cooper evidently coming in too, the new manager has EXACTLY THE SAME targets as the previous one identified before him.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Plenty of ex League Teams in there. There are plenty of good teams at that level as well. You can only score against whats in front of you. I'm not saying he would be a brilliant signing I'm saying he would be a player who is capable of doing a job at this level. He knows the club he has done well here before.
Lord_Torquay10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lord_Torquay10 »

Has Shaun Cooper signed yet? Any idea when Harding is expected back?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:Rene Howe now a free agent:
https://x.com/burtonalbionfc/status/421 ... 28/photo/1
Hmmm... 2 in 19 this season, not exactly set the world on fire but we know from experience who can do the business. Would we welcome him back, I'm not sure really... :-/
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am torn on this. He was excellent at times for us but Hargreaves has openly said he wants players with the right attitude for a dogfight and for team morale and I am not sure he fits into this category.

He must have something lined up to agree to a 'mutual consent' parting from Burton.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No way Howe will come back here. He was indulged by Ling but wouldn't be by Hargreaves who will expect and demand 100% - so thats Howe out straight away.
Don't get me wrong Howe did well for us, has bags of talent for a big man, but he is a serial under achiever and has been all his career. Noone's fault but his own.