GET DOWN TO PLAINMOOR NEXT SATURDAY

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I have a feeling the crowd will still be the usual 2500 or less. To say anything less than 3000 means the area does not deserve a league team is nonsense. The club is still 2nd from bottom and it may take some persuading for the 'lost' to return. Our gates are not that bad when you consider our league position. 2nd place Burton only had 2500, yesterday...after the nightmare of Knill, it is amazing we have any fans left at all, so to still be drawing over 2000 is testament to the fact the area does and can sustain a league club, certainly when compared to some other clubs.

What will be different on Saturday, will be the atmosphere. It will be so much more positive and will have people actually looking forward to it for once.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Anything above 2000 will be a bonus to be honest. Northampton won't bring many, would love to hear the Thea song though.

Jesus "All Pull Together League" TUFC P1 W1 F2 A0 pts 3 Current league position 3rd
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

hector wrote:I have a feeling the crowd will still be the usual 2500 or less. To say anything less than 3000 means the area does not deserve a league team is nonsense. The club is still 2nd from bottom and it may take some persuading for the 'lost' to return. Our gates are not that bad when you consider our league position. 2nd place Burton only had 2500, yesterday...after the nightmare of Knill, it is amazing we have any fans left at all, so to still be drawing over 2000 is testament to the fact the area does and can sustain a league club, certainly when compared to some other clubs.

What will be different on Saturday, will be the atmosphere. It will be so much more positive and will have people actually looking forward to it for once.
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

same thought from me, 2300 gulls at the most, plus what the cobblers bring, still would be a good increase on 2000, 15% is it? we'll see tho, if we sign anyone then a few more apathetic souls may stir their stumps?? talk of 4000 plus is pie in the sky tho i fear, us on here, yeah sure, we're excited but doubt many else in south devon will be so enthused!!
still keeping the faith
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think there will be over 2500 for this one. I am probably going.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I'm going, important to back the recent decisions and investment.
TUST number 080
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

I think we will just get over 3,000 for this one.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Our average home support this season is 2360 (highest 2976 and lowest 1973).

You'd think we would at least match the average home gate, with it being Hargreaves' first match in charge and it being such a big game for both sides. Add on to that an away following of 500+ and we could very easily get over 3000 for this.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

To get over 3000 somebody better go out into the town this week and sell the club for those who don't know there is a Football League team on their doorstep!
Wakey wakey Torquay residents!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Will be there on Saturday, can't wait!

Think it's a shame the Herald Express is now a weekly paper instead of daily, TUFC was always on the back pages or just inside, although only a small thing, seeing it everyday must help!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How can anyone with even the vaguest notion of football not know that there's a team in Torquay? The only people who don't know we have a team would be those who wouldn't go anyway.
I don't know whether or not there is a Mosque in Torquay, but if I were even the slightest little bit interested in Islam, I certainly would know.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Whenever I've walked up Fleet Street you only see Man Utd shirts. Also the town's 'older' residents need to know about their 'local' team.
Anyway what's wrong with generating some hype during the week?
You might as well ask Knill, to atone, to walk up and down with a sandwich board during the week!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote:Whenever I've walked up Fleet Street you only see Man Utd shirts. Also the town's 'older' residents need to know about their 'local' team.
Anyway what's wrong with generating some hype during the week?
You might as well ask Knill, to atone, to walk up and down with a sandwich board during the week!
He might trip over a squirrel in the process
Lucy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Nothing wrong with it, just don't think advertising will actually add to the crowd. As we've shown here before, getting within a whisker of automatic promotion added about 3 people to the average attendance. Those who want to go, already do.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There are more than 2300 Torquay fans out there, very recent history shows that, for ever reason you've staying for, doesn't matter, next week is a massive game, if you can afford it, can get there, then be there, the team need all the support it can get.

There's no excuse, not even the wife.
Formerly known as forevertufc