Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

Any chance of banning the hooligan thugs that stand down the end causing trouble
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
Well the way I live my life is that if I want a day out to somewhere I hardly ever go or have not been for ages then I check the website first to see how much it costs, opening times blah blah and that ensures I don't arrive there and the place is either shut or I can't get in. Again if people are too lazy to do this or too casual to even consider this then it's at their own risk. Plan a day out without checking? I may have a touch of OCD about me with things like this but at least i'll not make a wasted journey.
Thats fine Andy, it works for you and thats great. The fact that a number of people on here are having this debate, means it doesn't work for everyone. On Boxing Day I went to Saltash United v Liskeard Athletic (3 quid to get in, really entertaining game, decent pie, great clubhouse, much better all round experience than Plainmoor has been for a while!). I decided about 245 to go and was there by 3. Sometimes people make last minute decisions, just because you don't, doesn't mean you are right. And anyone who claims to be a better fan, well congrats, you probably are, but luckily I don't judge my life on how good a Torquay fan I am.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What I don't get is that you are a Torquay fan and even use this site to talk about Torquay yet on Boxing Day you chose to go to another game JUST BECAUSE you were able to make the decision to go 15 minutes before kick off? I'm not saying anyone is a better fan but if I lived locally I'd have been planning my festive football for months, have all my tickets to hand and wouldn't even be considering being anywhere else when MY TEAM have a game on. I'm not saying i'm right either but I just find it a bit odd Cornish that's all, I'm not having a go but I'm sure you can appreciate what it looks like.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

My old man was working, I normally go with him. I am going to the Exeter game, and I just had a lot of other things to do on Boxing Day. I have several friends who I see very rarely who have young children. I did the rounds Boxing Day morning. If the United game had been 3pm and I could decide on the day, I probably would have gone. Instead I listened online while hanging out with my sister, who I see a few times a year, then realised I could get up to Saltash and have a beer with some of the old boys I used to play with. I'll be honest, I don't regret my decision, I had a great day.

It doesn't mean I don't care about Torquay, and if I lived in Torquay I'd go more often. Unfortunately I don't, and when I visit home, its still an hour drive each way. There was a time when I put Torquay ahead of most other things, but I just can't justify that anymore. I still have an opinion on most things Torquay, and enjoy debating them on here and with my dad, but sometimes things take precedent.

My point isn't to be self indulgent and spout on about my life, but to make the point that lots of people have lots of options, and TUFC need to make it as good and easy experience as possible. I understand that some people are blaming the police for the All Ticket matches, but we can negotiate with the police. The only time a match should be all ticket, is if its likely to sell out. Thats why gigs etc are all ticket. If they arent sold out and you turn up to the box office 10 minutes before, you'll get a ticket.
Last edited by Kernowgull on 28 Dec 2013, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Fair points Cornish. It just proves that there is no easy solution to this problem and like others have said, the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Mr Candy,

I don't won't to open another negative thread. Surely you can see the hatred and immense negativity towards the Mr Knill. Please pass this on to our chairwoman and tell her to read the comments. SACK him. We are going down otherwise. Pay him 80k* or lose 600k* funding, speak to your accountant. *based on average salaries and other things lol.

Thank you
Mr C. Hargreaves
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Mr Candy, can you please give us all a free ticket to a home game as Santa didn't come this year and most of us have all been very good girls and boys and we deserve it.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Andy, any chance we can sack the music at full time? It's a bit of a pain, if I'm honest and I can't see the need for it. I'm walking back to my car to drive home, I don't need to hear a song I don't like in order to do that. If you'd like to play some Aerosmith at FT, then I might reconsider, but that aside, I don't see the need for it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Can we do away with sweet Caroline before the 1st half/2nd half? I don't know who had the idea for it but it's terrible! Surely there are better choices of music to get the crowd going!
The original taunton_gull!!!
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Yes A Banda. Bring back our club tradition please.
Tust member 191
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Mattpuma wrote:Yes A Banda. Bring back our club tradition please.
A Banda: no no no no no.....!!!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Gilbert hasn't danced recently, in fact he's been keeping a very low profile. Did see him hanging out on the Popside at one game.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Gilbert hasn't danced recently, in fact he's been keeping a very low profile. Did see him hanging out on the Popside at one game.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Turns up, picks some bloke from 1000 years ago as favourite player, has a go at anything aimed at anyone under the age of 90. Yup, got Potnoodle's number. (D)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"