Danny Stevens to return?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Quite right. It's easy for football fans to spout off all kinds of differing opinions, but few if any are privy to all the problems and options and decisions the manager has to deal with on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The club has put us in a position of optimism and hope which we've not had for a long time. Rather than respond with criticism and negativity, surely we should now give the new manager time to make his vision a reality and back him fully in his efforts, as well as fully support the team on the pitch regardless of who is actually playing.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:Quite right. It's easy for football fans to spout off all kinds of differing opinions, but few if any are privy to all the problems and options and decisions the manager has to deal with on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The club has put us in a position of optimism and hope which we've not had for a long time. Rather than respond with criticism and negativity, surely we should now give the new manager time to make his vision a reality and back him fully in his efforts, as well as fully support the team on the pitch regardless of who is actually playing.
Absolutely right and just a pity it took 7 pages. I still think Mr Hargreaves is barking to have taken the manager job at this club! Far too much expertise on the terraces! ;-)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Gullscorer wrote:Quite right. It's easy for football fans to spout off all kinds of differing opinions, but few if any are privy to all the problems and options and decisions the manager has to deal with on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The club has put us in a position of optimism and hope which we've not had for a long time. Rather than respond with criticism and negativity, surely we should now give the new manager time to make his vision a reality and back him fully in his efforts, as well as fully support the team on the pitch regardless of who is actually playing.
Spot on, our new manager doesn't need advice from people who don't know their proverbial ar*es from their elbows.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Only managers that are popular with supporters should be trusted though. If they aren't popular, it's fair game to question every decision they make...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: Spot on, our new manager doesn't need advice from people who don't know their proverbial ar*es from their elbows.

Perhaps if Alan Knill had been a regular viewer of this forum he may still be in a job though. :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Yeah, he could definitely have learned a thing or two from some of this forums regular posters.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

You say that sarcastically Fonda but in all seriousness Knill COULD have kept himself in a job by listening what we had to say on here, even the permanently negative were proved right about a lot of things.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In fairness, none of us holds themselves out (apart from Arcadia, who, despite knowing precious little about anything, seemed to indicate that he was SAF himself) as a professional manager. All we do here is chuck opinions about and occasionally back them up with stats (which may or may not be irrelevant and certainly don't tell the whole story). Anyone taking this place as anything more or less than that wants their head examining.

That said, Ben has made some excellent posts today, especially with regard to Nico and Danny.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well if 90% of the fans who post on here are coming up with the same reasons as to why the manager isn't doing well then I'd suggest that if I was the manager and I had no idea then I'd like to know so that I could work on these issues and put them right. It's like tripadvisor, if 90% of visitors say somewhere is a complete dump and a handful say it's ok then in all likelihood it is probably a complete dump. So the hotel proprietor goes online to tripadvisor, reads that 90% of visitors have roughly the same sort of complaints and then he addresses them and puts them right thus saving his business and reputation. Tripadvisor, like on here is always bound to chuck up a few knobheads so a few percent of users can be taken with a pinch of salt but if the majority are coming up with the same complaints then perhaps it is not unreasonable to suggest that those complaints are in fact the ACTUAL problems that need solving.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Well if 90% of the fans who post on here are coming up with the same reasons as to why the manager isn't doing well then I'd suggest that if I was the manager and I had no idea then I'd like to know so that I could work on these issues and put them right. It's like tripadvisor, if 90% of visitors say somewhere is a complete dump and a handful say it's ok then in all likelihood it is probably a complete dump. So the hotel proprietor goes online to tripadvisor, reads that 90% of visitors have roughly the same sort of complaints and then he addresses them and puts them right thus saving his business and reputation. Tripadvisor, like on here is always bound to chuck up a few knobheads so a few percent of users can be taken with a pinch of salt but if the majority are coming up with the same complaints then perhaps it is not unreasonable to suggest that those complaints are in fact the ACTUAL problems that need solving.
A few..?? :O =D
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

The thing is, whatever the percentage of people agreeing on here is, the only person making fully informed decisions is the manager. Whatever seems obvious to us, would perhaps not be so obvious if we were in possession of all the facts. We simply don't know who has trained particularly well, who is not 100% fit, which players we've tried unsuccessfully to sign. It doesn't matter how much of an idiot we might consider a manager to be, there is a good chance some of those 'ridiculous' decisions are being forced upon him. They are the professionals, we are not. And whilst we're all entitled to an opinion, we shouldn't start to believe that we know best .
Last edited by Fonda on 16 Jan 2014, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Fonda wrote:The thing is, whatever the percentage of people agreeing on here is, the only person making fully informed decisions is the manager. Whatever seems obvious to us, would perhaps not be so obvious if we were in possession of all the facts. We simply don't know who has trained particularly well, who is not 100% fit, his many players we've tried unsuccessfully to sign. It doesn't matter his much I an idiot we might consider a manager to be, there is a good chance some if those 'ridiculous' decisions are being forced upon him. They are the professionals, we are not. And whilst we're all entitled to an opinion, we shouldn't start to believe that we know best .
:goodpost:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Gullscorer wrote: :goodpost:
Would have been better, if not for thousands of typos. Damn phone. But thanks. ;-)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Fonda wrote:The thing is, whatever the percentage of people agreeing on here is, the only person making fully informed decisions is the manager. Whatever seems obvious to us, would perhaps not be so obvious if we were in possession of all the facts. We simply don't know who has trained particularly well, who is not 100% fit, which players we've tried unsuccessfully to sign. It doesn't matter how much of an idiot we might consider a manager to be, there is a good chance some of those 'ridiculous' decisions are being forced upon him. They are the professionals, we are not. And whilst we're all entitled to an opinion, we shouldn't start to believe that we know best .
I completely agree, very coherent and 100% right. Some folk on here mix up dreams and reality constantly, just like Father Dougal Maguire, but the problem is that they think the dreams are real even when they are barking mad.