Danny Stevens to return?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Fonda wrote:The thing is, whatever the percentage of people agreeing on here is, the only person making fully informed decisions is the manager. Whatever seems obvious to us, would perhaps not be so obvious if we were in possession of all the facts. We simply don't know who has trained particularly well, who is not 100% fit, which players we've tried unsuccessfully to sign. It doesn't matter how much of an idiot we might consider a manager to be, there is a good chance some of those 'ridiculous' decisions are being forced upon him. They are the professionals, we are not. And whilst we're all entitled to an opinion, we shouldn't start to believe that we know best .
Well I would have never normally have even questioned this but for the previous incumbent as boss of the club. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Like playing O'Connor at right back and bringing Pearce in at centre half. HAd Knill made that change earlier he could still have been in a job.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

As far as this needless thread is concerned, I agree with Brucie, Saint Wivel and the poster with the driest sense of humour of them all (because he never talks wet, unlike Gullscorer who drips on and on with f*cking nonsense).

I'll say it again, Hargreaves feels sorry for the little ***t and is getting him up to full fitness to be kicked up in the air by a farmer playing for a rural South Devon League Division 6 side.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Troj, just admit that the reason you hate Danny so much is because he turned you down and then we can all move on.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

How VERY DARE YOU! :O :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Troj, just admit that the reason you hate Danny so much is because he turned you down and then we can all move on.
The short arse ? No.

The short arse's ability as a paid professional footballer ? Absolutely.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:It looks as if Trojan has stopped taking his medication again.. :)
i doubt that.

he never started taking it in the first place......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its the Chris Mcphee scenario all over again. When he was signed for the second time he was "a much improved footballer than the first time he was here" (or thats what he said himself)
People were on here trying to justify what a good signing he was.
It took Ling about a month to realise what the sane members of this forum already knew - ie Mcphee was still completely useless.
Stevens is a skilful enough player and did well for us under Buckle,but has been in terminal decline ever since.
Skilful enough but no pace,not big enough and precious little workrate.
He hasn't had a club for eight months. That says it all.
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

Brucie. I like your comparison with McFree. Difference is that the highlight for said McFree's career was scoring against us, whereas the highlight of lil'Danny's career was playing brilliantly against Yeovil in the Cup a few years back. I am undecided whether this is a good move or not. Perhaps Jesus can resurrect the dying embers for one last hurrah from him as some kind of supper sub role......it could be worse.....it could actually be McFree instead !
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Stevens is sh!te and if we sign him you might as well dress Hector in a pink Tutu and call him Matt.
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Stevens is sh!te and if we sign him you might as well dress Hector in a pink Tutu and call him Matt.
A bit harsh.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Hector can take it.............
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote:Stevens is sh!te and if we sign him you might as well dress Hector in a pink Tutu and call him Matt.
This, did indeed make me.... :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Banging_Them_In wrote:Brucie. I like your comparison with McFree. Difference is that the highlight for said McFree's career was scoring against us, whereas the highlight of lil'Danny's career was playing brilliantly against Yeovil in the Cup a few years back. I am undecided whether this is a good move or not. Perhaps Jesus can resurrect the dying embers for one last hurrah from him as some kind of supper sub role......it could be worse.....it could actually be McFree instead !
[Homer]Mmm... supper sub....[/Homer]
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084