Northampton Game OFF

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brucie wrote:Exeter game is on ours is off. 20 miles apart - you do have to wonder what the difference is, as I said yesterday we might as well have called it off then.
Perhaps we should ask them for advice.. :)
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Games called off nothing we can do, some have have been off before and ours have been on. Just happens the whether has beaten us but when people start having a to at the club. :@
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

At least it gives others with a game in hand on us to catch up and we just have to hope their results go our way. Could end up being a good day without us even playing.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

TeenageGull wrote:Games called off nothing we can do, some have have been off before and ours have been on. Just happens the whether has beaten us but when people start having a to at the club. :@
People who get all :@ when you dare to question a decision made by the club. :@
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Football used to be much more fun in the late 70's and early 80's when Torquay would often play on pitches as bad as this one

Some good footage of Halifax's ground 30 years ago, anyone who went there before it was redeveloped would never forget it , nor would they moan about Accrington's ground today!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:At least it gives others with a game in hand on us to catch up and we just have to hope their results go our way. Could end up being a good day without us even playing.
yeah,if accres lose 6-0 at chelts we will be out of the bottom two! :clap: =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Apparently the referee asked if a player could run down the touch-line with a ball-unfortunately we asked Danny Stevens to do it and the water was up to his neck. =D
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Fonda wrote:The whole country has been under water for a month. Ours is still one of only 3 games called off in the football league today.
The South-West has be hit hardest though,Fonda-with coastal areas in Devon and Cornwall bearing the brunt of a lot of the worst weather.
The weather-map today shows a very heavy belt of rain affecting a relatively small area of the South and West but right across the Devon coast-line.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

we all want to see games played and its dissapointing when they are called off, but since the new pitch was layed we havent had many called off and considering the amount of rain we have had its no suprise the game is off.
the club have done there best to get the pitch up to a good standard and i think its ashame that people want to have a go at them saying that pay peanuts and we get monkeys and so on, well sorry chaps think we need to get a grip here, we are not arsenal or chelsea and we cant afford a sand based pitch like are friends down the road who were lucky enough not to have to pay for their pitch.
i see that lutons match has been called off and assume that they are a bit better off finacially than us, its a fact that the south west has been hit by some of the worst floods we have seen in a long time so i feel the club has done its best under the circumstances and im sure they would love a state of the art pitch witch drains the water away, but thats life. ;-)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:we all want to see games played and its dissapointing when they are called off, but since the new pitch was layed we havent had many called off and considering the amount of rain we have had its no suprise the game is off.
the club have done there best to get the pitch up to a good standard and i think its ashame that people want to have a go at them saying that pay peanuts and we get monkeys and so on, well sorry chaps think we need to get a grip here, we are not arsenal or chelsea and we cant afford a sand based pitch like are friends down the road who were lucky enough not to have to pay for their pitch.
i see that lutons match has been called off and assume that they are a bit better off finacially than us, its a fact that the south west has been hit by some of the worst floods we have seen in a long time so i feel the club has done its best under the circumstances and im sure they would love a state of the art pitch witch drains the water away, but thats life. ;-)
:goodpost:

Especially the lines referring to peanuts & Monkeys and the reference to that lot down the road. It especially hacked me off on NYD with demented Dalek Gordon Sparkes going on & on about how good the pitch looked. It would do as you paid feck all for it !!! :@
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: yeah,if accres lose 6-0 at chelts we will be out of the bottom two! :clap: =D
I meant in terms of us not losing too much ground. :na:

Yes mid-devon, I've been to the old Shay ground in the early 90's it was still a dump then. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Exeter game is on ours is off. 20 miles apart - you do have to wonder what the difference is, as I said yesterday we might as well have called it off then.
The difference is we are on the coast, they are inland, there is a f@ck*ng great hill in between, our pitch is on clay and theirs isn't.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:we all want to see games played and its dissapointing when they are called off, but since the new pitch was layed we havent had many called off and considering the amount of rain we have had its no suprise the game is off.
Well said. If we had this much rain in previous years we would have not played since November.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Yes, let's give the club a break. We are at the bottom of L2 not Man U, Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal in the Prima Donna league. We buy players or we have a premier league pitch, and no players to play on it. Take your pick.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Exeter off, there you go brucie :lol: :lol: :lol: