NEW: v Northampton Town - GAME ON!!!!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:My insinuation was not that we're a long-ball team. Merely an argument against this apparent belief that the style of our football is so much better than everyone else's. Our tactics generally vary between hitting the front man, and relying him to hold it, or play it into the channels for the wide men to chase. We don't pass through midfield as a rule, and why would we? With due respect to them, neither Manse or Lathrope are reknowned for their passing ability, so you have to play to your strengths. Labadie is better, but I wouldn't suggest pinging passes around is necessarily his strength either. The team is set up to get the ball forward, and get bodies forward in support of it - like many others in this division.
yes shane.

just like with the success we had last week.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

if the games on then i'd like to think well start on the front food as we dd at wimbledon last weekend, obviously northampton are going to be beginning to feel desperate as over half the season has ticked past, and if they lose this they'll really be trouble

2-0 torquay, 2976 there, stockley both goals
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:if the games on then i'd like to think well start on the front food as we dd at wimbledon last weekend, obviously northampton are going to be beginning to feel desperate as over half the season has ticked past, and if they lose this they'll really be trouble
2-0 torquay, 2976 there, stockley both goals
An extra pasty each should do it.. :~D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Get your bibs out for the lads! Get your bibs out for the lads! :~D

Err sounds a bit like a song the Cobblers would sing. :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Every cloud has a silver lining. A re-arranged game on a decent pitch in a few weeks' time should give Danny Stevens sufficient time to get fit and ready for it..
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Gullscorer wrote:Every cloud has a silver lining. A re-arranged game on a decent pitch in a few weeks' time should give Danny Stevens sufficient time to get fit and ready for it..
Trojan will be ecstatic if that were to happen
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Of course, you know what happens now. NTFC throw a million quid at their team, appoint Martin Allen, sign a couple of Championship strikers on £5000/week and they go on a run. They come here on the back of 6 straight wins and batter us 4-0 on a Tuesday.
Meanwhile, we don't play for three weeks, loans expire and we lost momentum and we're back to square one. Standard Torquay, we simply cannot buy a slice of luck for love nor money.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lexusguy wrote: Trojan will be ecstatic if that were to happen
:@
:red:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ferrarilover wrote:Of course, you know what happens now. NTFC throw a million quid at their team, appoint Martin Allen, sign a couple of Championship strikers on £5000/week and they go on a run. They come here on the back of 6 straight wins and batter us 4-0 on a Tuesday.
Meanwhile, we don't play for three weeks, loans expire and we lost momentum and we're back to square one. Standard Torquay, we simply cannot buy a slice of luck for love nor money.

Matt.
Barnet probably said the same when game got called off at plainmoor and we got poke back for the re-arranged match 3 days later.
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Now being played on Tuesday, 11th February ... so only a couple of weeks time and we sill see the return of Alan Knill to Plainmoor! Given the proximity of the game, still every chance that this will still be 23rd v 24th by the time the game comes around!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Ah Chris, without seeming unduely pessimistic I can see Northampton getting out of trouble. What a pity the weather stopped the original fixture which would have come straight after the Wimbledon victory and Chris H's first home game as manager. I felt this was a winable game but with Northampton likely to bring in four or five new players , according to their chairman, with Mozika probably one of them, before the transfer window closes on Friday, they will be a completely different side.
We really could do with tomorrow's game being on. Points are more important than games in hand.
I bet Ian Morris didn't expect to see Knill so soon!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Well last night I booked tickets in the away end for Cardiff v Villa on the 11th, just on a whim. Gutted.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Thread title edited for new date.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well! I am surprised given Knills record here that he walks straight into the Job at Northampton. Seems the Cobblers fans are pleased with the two appointments. But I wouldn't be after watching what he served up here. Anyone for Ian Morris's return.
Should hopefully cement their place in the bottom two. But with our luck they will climb the table.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Glostergull wrote:Well! I am surprised given Knills record here that he walks straight into the Job at Northampton. Seems the Cobblers fans are pleased with the two appointments. But I wouldn't be after watching what he served up here. Anyone for Ian Morris's return.
Should hopefully cement their place in the bottom two. But with our luck they will climb the table.
I would be happy with the return of Ian Morris although I know a lot on here would disagree. I know everyone goes on about signing yet another striker but I am still waiting for O'Kane to be replaced. I know Morris isn't exactly the same player as O'Kane but he's a hell of a lot closer than any other midfielder we have at present.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084