Danny Stevens to return?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Gullscorer - you are an idiot.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

A tad harsh. I would say he was just a little naive.
Gullscorer, I don't think anyone here thinks they know more than a professional, whether it be football manager, doctor or dentist. It's all about opinion. The whole Internet is based upon it, people sharing their opinions, arguing the toss and disagreeing. Would any of us come here were it not for one poster never being wrong, another poster always moaning and another poster always saying "I agree with the moaner". All of this site's contributors make it the vibrant place it is.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Good posting gullscorer and well said, I disagree with you brucie, lets see what these players do before we start slating them, gullscorer has a valid point.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

[quote="ROADRUNNER"]Good posting gullscorer and well said, I disagree with you brucie, lets see what these players do before we start slating them, gullscorer has a valid point.[/quote

Quality not quantity (I've teed some one up)

Not sure if they fit the 1st?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Danny expected to sign Thursday until end of season. Danny Stevens, Plainmoor legend. We're saved..!! :)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Good posting gullscorer and well said, I disagree with you brucie, lets see what these players do before we start slating them, gullscorer has a valid point.
He was here for 6 years and wasn't a patch on Chapell, despite playing every week. Nor would he have been much of a threat to the position of Bodin on the other wing. After 6 months sitting in his pants watching TV, do we really think he's somehow going to have improved and added to his skillset?

He might come back stronger and better than ever before, but given that his major limiting factor was his [lack of] size, he'd have to have become an exceptionally talented player during the last 6 months to be able to overcome his original problem of simply being muscled off the ball every time he got it.

I'm not saying he's DEFINITELY not going to be better than what we have, but the chances are remarkably slim and I think we would do better among ourselves to prepare for the highly likely outcome that Danny doesn't really add anything at all to a side which is, in terms of the league table, already not good enough. That way, we might deflect some of the inevitable "Jesus out" vitriol we're going to start seeing in a couple of months time when, inevitably, Danny turns out to be a pudding... Again.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I don't think there will be a chorus of 'Hargreaves out', other than from Brucie, who has started already.

CH has been left a shambles. He is a rookie manager trying to do a firefighter's job, with limited resources and I suspect the one thing he has, is creating a positive, happy atmosphere and a decent team spirit. Signing Stevens doesn't make sense on all sorts of levels but on some it does. The wingers regularly lauded as better, haven't necessarily demonstrated it. But if Steven's role is just to be cover, then it might not be the worst piece of business for 3 months.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote:I don't think there will be a chorus of 'Hargreaves out', other than from Brucie, who has started already.

CH has been left a shambles. He is a rookie manager trying to do a firefighter's job, with limited resources and I suspect the one thing he has, is creating a positive, happy atmosphere and a decent team spirit. Signing Stevens doesn't make sense on all sorts of levels but on some it does. The wingers regularly lauded as better, haven't necessarily demonstrated it. But if Steven's role is just to be cover, then it might not be the worst piece of business for 3 months.
i'd be interested if you could tell me what the "some" were.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

The point is that brucie talks sense and doesn't delude himself (or others) that things are other than they are.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I absolutely agree with everything SNW, brucie and saint wivel have written on this thread.

Gullscarer - you are not Don Mills and you are not Fred Ford, two polar opposites, both old school, I learnt from both. You either are a perfect wind up merchant or you really have no first hand in depth experience of professional football.

Fanny F*ckwit has signed to take TUFC to the next level* and then the next level** and the next level*** . . . . . . .

*Conference National :@

**Conference South :@ :@

***Southern League Premier :@ :@ :@

Herald Express back page headline : "Hargreaves will stay even if Gulls go down."

Jesus came to prepare a place for us in his father's mansion.Hargreaves is here to take us to a place the board can afford and a level Fanny F*ckwit can get pitch time. I quit now before we get to South Devon League Division 6.

:-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Right, so that's Trojan gone then.

Who's next ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Right, so that's Trojan gone then.

Who's next ;-)

I'll be back . . . :@ :whip:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Come on Danny this is your chance to prove some on this site wrong but more importantly re-start your career as a professional footballer! I wish you good luck , what you have is the Torquay blood and for me I wish you the best of luck.
Lucy