Knill to Northampton?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Surely it's obvious why he has left Oxford for Northampton. Oxford hadn't extended the one year deal they offered him last season and Northampton have given him a three and a half year deal. I don't like either Club either, but that'll be the bottom line for him.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I never will understand some people's obsession with Aidy Boothroyd. Four management jobs, 3 sackings and a win percentage of 36.68. He really isn't that good.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Which is still better than Alan Knill

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

First recruit by Wilder/Knill would appear to be our former striker Alan Connell from Bradford City. He should certainly bring goals to them, based on his recent past record with Swindon and Bradford in this League. I suspect there will be plenty more to follow ...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:First recruit by Wilder/Knill would appear to be our former striker Alan Connell from Bradford City. He should certainly bring goals to them, based on his recent past record with Swindon and Bradford in this League. I suspect there will be plenty more to follow ...
Goals - the exact thing we need. I know a signing we cannot possibly afford but this will be the deciding factor and unfortunately for us it does not seem a signing like this will be coming through the Plainmoor door.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Come on Connell isn't very good at all. Actually I don't think he is better than Rendell.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Come on Connell isn't very good at all. Actually I don't think he is better than Rendell.
He might not be a good footballer but he is a goalscorer.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie; I have seen both and, of the two, I would prefer Rendell.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He'd dreadfully out of form, hadn't scored this season. He's not a bad player, but I'm not sure he'll be the saviour of the Cobblers season. Typical Northampton signing though, not all that good, but doubtless bloody ruinously expensive.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I would like Alan Connell at Torquay,like Bill Shankly said about Bobby Gauld ,he could not trap a bag of cement but he could score goals.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

wivelgull wrote:I agree with brucie; I have seen both and, of the two, I would prefer Rendell.
I agree wit' o' gits but prefer Dick 'ancox :O . . . :nod: :whip:

;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I see one of Knill's many loan signings, Paul McCallum, has gone on loan to Hearts.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

hector wrote:I see one of Knill's many loan signings, Paul McCallum, has gone on loan to Hearts.
In Marquis, O'Connor and Labadie, his use of the loan market didn't always prove to be a bad thing for the Club. None of the forwards we had in had as bad a scoring record as people's favourite Elliot Benyon, -even Callum Ball - with most of them markedly better.

Really hope we don't see Marquis and Labadie off to relegation rivals Northampton in the coming weeks.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

hector wrote:I see one of Knill's many loan signings, Paul McCallum, has gone on loan to Hearts.
Yes, and Marquis has just signed a 1 year extension to his deal at Millwall. It seems Ian Holloway rates him and he certainly seems to be in and around their first team since the end of his loan spell with us.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It seems there is a lot of agreement that Knill perhaps recruited some good players. He just was unable to get them to play effectively and the constant turnaround of players was never going to see us get a settled team.