Danny Stevens to return?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Whatever people may have thought of Danny's performances in the past, the fact remains that the Stevens of today has impressed the manager in an extended trial, sufficiently so to be given a contract. And Chris Hargreaves is not an idiot.

Anyone outside the club criticising the signing of today's Danny Stevens is criticising by extension the work of the manager, whose work at the club to date can only be described as generally impressive and showing great promise for the future of the club and for the team in its fight against relegation. It behoves us all to give him the time and support to allow that promise to be fulfilled.

The ferocious critics of Danny Stevens' new lease of footballing life are allowing prejudice and emotion to triumph over reasonableness and reason.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: so what?

can you not read?

6 years here ? well thats fine, then but not now.

promotion? how many years ago?

negative? one big reason hes not had a club since he left here for gods sake.

hope thats easy enough to understand.
SNW: I hate to ask, but when was the last time you watched TUFC play a match?

It's just that you post so assuredly, in an armchair sort of way.

Obviously we can't all watch every game, but people generally temper their implied level of insight...
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

SNW, this is not a valid reason to slag him off..if you put yourself in your situation what would you do? Stay at home and hope for the best? Of course that he would take his chance, give his best and training and hope he gets a contract. Is it his fault that he has impressed CH? Maybe he should have tried to produce bad performances so that he does not a contract and that all the "fans" like you would be kept happy? Shouldn't you be slagging CH then? It is his fault that Danny has signed a contract. Slagging players off would not lead to anything good..that is the bottom line..we as fans should support our new manager and agree with every decision of his. We wanted him therefore we should support his decisions. Unlike you SNW, he has been to the training ground and has seen the players in action....and of course CH knows a bit more about football than you..if he thinks that Danny is better than Cameron as a back up winger...or that he can have an impact against tired defences in L2...than you know what? I for one would believe him.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

MH91 wrote:SNW, this is not a valid reason to slag him off..if you put yourself in your situation what would you do? Stay at home and hope for the best? Of course that he would take his chance, give his best and training and hope he gets a contract. Is it his fault that he has impressed CH? Maybe he should have tried to produce bad performances so that he does not a contract and that all the "fans" like you would be kept happy? Shouldn't you be slagging CH then? It is his fault that Danny has signed a contract. Slagging players off would not lead to anything good..that is the bottom line..we as fans should support our new manager and agree with every decision of his. We wanted him therefore we should support his decisions. Unlike you SNW, he has been to the training ground and has seen the players in action....and of course CH knows a bit more about football than you..if he thinks that Danny is better than Cameron as a back up winger...or that he can have an impact against tired defences in L2...than you know what? I for one would believe him.
Hear hear. Lets give him a chance. :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

jonnyfive wrote: SNW: I hate to ask, but when was the last time you watched TUFC play a match?

It's just that you post so assuredly, in an armchair sort of way.

Obviously we can't all watch every game, but people generally temper their implied level of insight...

whats that got to do with it?

the crux of the matter is that we are talking about a player who has not played a competitive match since last season and couldnt manage to find a club to take him.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MH91 wrote:SNW, this is not a valid reason to slag him off..if you put yourself in your situation what would you do? Stay at home and hope for the best? Of course that he would take his chance, give his best and training and hope he gets a contract. Is it his fault that he has impressed CH? Maybe he should have tried to produce bad performances so that he does not a contract and that all the "fans" like you would be kept happy? Shouldn't you be slagging CH then? It is his fault that Danny has signed a contract. Slagging players off would not lead to anything good..that is the bottom line..we as fans should support our new manager and agree with every decision of his. We wanted him therefore we should support his decisions. Unlike you SNW, he has been to the training ground and has seen the players in action....and of course CH knows a bit more about football than you..if he thinks that Danny is better than Cameron as a back up winger...or that he can have an impact against tired defences in L2...than you know what? I for one would believe him.
thats your opinion and thats fine.

mine is that he isnt the answer, as we had enough midfielders anyway and any money would have been better spent somewhere else.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:So you keep telling us... :-/
and many others of course.

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I'm with Chris Hargreaves decision making, so if he thinks danny can do a job I support it.
TUST MEMBER
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Crawley Cup game, Remember it ? Yes you f*cking do because we started with 10 players*.

I remember it and I'll be back for every asslicker who states Fanny F*ckwit is the saviour of TUFC's current relegation street fight.

* The odious cheaters did their homework.

Hargreaves - are you in a dream? Nicholson and Fanny F*ckwit on the same left hand side ?

Good to see you have found a role for the boy (the winners at fortress Fratton must have really enjoyed the handed out Haribos).
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

The fact is he is back and ch has offered him the chance to prove himself, we should support the managers decision. Live with it, he is here. :~D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ROADRUNNER wrote:The fact is he is back and ch has offered him the chance to prove himself, we should support the managers decision. Live with it, he is here. :~D
doesnt mean to say we have to agree with it.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote:Crawley Cup game, Remember it ? Yes you f*cking do because we started with 10 players*.

I remember it and I'll be back for every asslicker who states Fanny F*ckwit is the saviour of TUFC's current relegation street fight.

* The odious cheaters did their homework.

Hargreaves - are you in a dream? Nicholson and Fanny F*ckwit on the same left hand side ?

Good to see you have found a role for the boy (the winners at fortress Fratton must have really enjoyed the handed out Haribos).
a nightmare waiting to happen.

again.

TUST Member 468

ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Thats correct super, but think the guy deserve a chance, we have had a lot worse, and didnt he score 10 goals the season before last, not that bad I think.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Thats correct super, but think the guy deserve a chance, we have had a lot worse, and didnt he score 10 goals the season before last, not that bad I think.
thats one of my issues.

TUST Member 468