NEW: v Northampton Town - GAME ON!!!!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Judging by the forecast today and tomorrow I would imagine the pitch should be playable on Monday so any decision is likely to depend on what happens on the day again which doesn't look good at the moment. I can see Tuesday being another day of wait and see with maybe 2 or 3 inspections.
we really could do with playing Northampton now before Knill starts to work his magic on their players!! A good win would then set us up for the easy trip to Chesterfield.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

yeovilgull wrote:Judging by the forecast today and tomorrow I would imagine the pitch should be playable on Monday so any decision is likely to depend on what happens on the day again which doesn't look good at the moment. I can see Tuesday being another day of wait and see with maybe 2 or 3 inspections.
we really could do with playing Northampton now before Knill starts to work his magic on their players!! A good win would then set us up for the easy trip to Chesterfield.
If we wait for Knill to work his magic on the players, then surely we have a better chance of winning!!!!!
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Given today's weather, and that of tomorrow, I am a lot more confident/hopeful that the game will go ahead. As mentioned, it's not been forecast to be particularly bad overnight, and there is increasing wind through this evening which should help.

Good luck to the groundstaff. The conditions, for once, seem to be in our favour.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

nickfrench82 wrote:Given today's weather, and that of tomorrow, I am a lot more confident/hopeful that the game will go ahead. As mentioned, it's not been forecast to be particularly bad overnight, and there is increasing wind through this evening which should help.

Good luck to the groundstaff. The conditions, for once, seem to be in our favour.
Not sure what forecast you read but the one i looked at said heavy rain all through the night and light rain most of the day tomorrow?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well my 11 night holiday is over, back on nights tonight, will be able post in the morning exactly what the weather has done about 5 miles from Plainmoor, fully expecting if the rains coming in as bad as said, to wake up and find the game off, still hoping though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Forecast suggests heavy overnight rain - 40+mm possible - then rain gone from about 9am. Can the pitch withstand all this? If yes then maybe match on?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Marquis has signed for them.....shit!
The gulls are going up
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Like I said before, they'll come here with a team full of loanees they didn't have at the date of the original fixture and it is those players who will best us.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Who cares though - Marquis isn't a world beater. Northampton are panicking cause they lost to a weakened Plymouth team on saturday - that was a bloody awful result for them.
Doubt if Marquis will even start anyway.
Probably won't be on anyway.
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

Northampton are crap , that's why they are bottom of the league, we will stuff them tomorrow or any time later, come on you yellows,,,,, oh when the gulls go marching in , oh when the gulls go marching in, I want to be in that number , when the gulls go marching in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

With a bit of luck he won't feature having just arrived at Northampton. I presume the covers will be on tonight, and today's weather will have dried up some of the problem areas a bit.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We signed Danny Stevens they signed Marquis. I know who I would rather have. Should the game go ahead I have got to say I can actually see us losing - this will keep my record of not having seen a victory by us all season.
Really see this as a total 50/50 game - two poor sides chock full of loanees and new players. We really need to fluke this 1-0 somehow.
Pressures on them really though - an appalling result for them on saturday. Wilder may find it harder than he thinks and Knill has been a terminal loser all season.
Lets hope Wilder trips over his ego and Knill has bought his bad luck with him.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

okehampton gull wrote:Northampton are crap , that's why they are bottom of the league, we will stuff them tomorrow or any time later, come on you yellows,,,,, oh when the gulls go marching in , oh when the gulls go marching in, I want to be in that number , when the gulls go marching in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An excellent advert for Ritalin.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Brucie in "I can see us losing" post shocker.

Do you EVER see us winning?

We beat the mighty Pompey in their own back yard - there is no reason whatsoever why we need to fear the mighty Northampton - you know, that team that are going to boss the league every season, and usually end up in a relegation dog fight.

Balls to them. They've got Juan Knill, we've got Greavsie.

Juan with all his amazing contacts got us next to eff all.
Greavsie with his "zero" contacts got us a Man U youth player and Labadie on a free.

Bollocks to this "we're gonna lose this" shit - we are going to go out there for Greavsie's first home match and win!! There is little he needs to do in way of motivation - just mention Juan's name and there will be many in yellow with points to prove (not least a certain left back....)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Brucie's not that bad. Although his pre-match comments on the Portsmouth-Gulls game certainly confirm that he doesn't always get it quite right: ‘Unfortunately I feel we'll get beaten rather easily in this game.’ ‘Really fearing the worst this afternoon.’ ‘Portsmouth 4 Torquay 0’ =D