NEW: v Northampton Town - GAME ON!!!!

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Well - I'm predicting a win ...... two-knill. Chris H to turn Plainmoor into what it used to be known as - Fort Plainmoor. Up the Gulls !! Now it's time for me pills and off to bed :scarf:
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Any update on the overnight weather in the Bay? Have woken up to about an inch of standing water on my back patio this morning in Yeovil. If they've had the same amount at Rainmoor then it will be back to square one after two drying days. If it managed to avoid it then there could be a real danger of a football match breaking out at TQ1 tonight.

Hope game goes ahead. it looks set up for a Nicholson winner in 90th. Minute.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It's absolutely pelting down in Wiveliscombe. I'm not going to risk it this evening.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Been hammering it down here for the last three hours. A clearing forecast for the rest of the day. So thats been two and a half dry days and a period of overnight rain. Will it be on - no.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Was on nightshift last night about 10 minutes drive from plainmoor, my N/S weather report is as follows " bugger" starting raining before 02.30 although there were no real heavy downpours, it didn't stop until around 7am about 4.5 hours of constant rain, getting this match on, could depend on how effective any covers were in protecting the area over by the bench with the drainage problem, and what the weather does during the day. Gut feeling, it will be off.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thanks for that we have had really heavy rainfall all night and it is still going on here. Some news from the club would be nice but as usual the silence is deafening.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Ref is not due to arrive before 2pm. What can they say at this point? If they can get it on they are not going to say the game is in doubt for fear of punters staying away.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Been hammering it down here for the last three hours. A clearing forecast for the rest of the day. So thats been two and a half dry days and a period of overnight rain. Will it be on - no.
Completely irrelevant.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So if they know the game is in doubt they should stay quiet. Brilliant if your a Northampton fan intending on going to the match.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

cheer up Brucie...the groundsmen are currently working on the pitch, doing their darndest to get the match on.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:So if they know the game is in doubt they should stay quiet. Brilliant if your a Northampton fan intending on going to the match.
I think those who are going to travel will know full well it is doubt seeing as it was called off on Saturday on the same pitch. I am more referring to local punters really.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:So if they know the game is in doubt they should stay quiet. Brilliant if your a Northampton fan intending on going to the match.
You are doing what you accuse others of repeatedly, not listening. Matt was not saying that they should stay quiet, he just picked you up on your use of "here" in respect of weather. You clearly don't live near to Plainmoor, so can't apply your weather to Torquay. Nobody has said that we should not have an early decision, of course we should. It is quite daft to leave the decision late if the pitch is clearly unplayable, and it is a pity if the ref can't be there until 1400. I also feel sorry for Cobblers fans and for Gulls fans who will have set off by 1400.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

brucie wrote:So thats been two and a half dry days and a period of overnight rain. Will it be on - no.
What two and a half dry days? Maybe where you are, but not around Torquay.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Pitch inspection now at 3 pm
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller